Notices
Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

!!!!Spark Plug Ejection!!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 01:56 AM
captchas
captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:21 PM
sguy1
Freshman User
sguy1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Time sert ROCKS!!!

I blew #5 just before I was going to tear down for Lighting upgrade to my 99 expidition. Put timeserts in all 8 holes. Now running +4 pully aprox 2500 mi on build no problems. Timesert kit is super easy (lots o grease) but take your time and follow steps.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Lightning2Fast
Senior User
Lightning2Fast is starting off with a positive reputation.
the timeserts do work good.... and boost has nuthin to do with those plugs blowin out. if theyr gonna come out then there gonna do it on a stock motor or boosted.....i mustve changed 50 heads and 2 engines in my time at the dealer for this exact problem....can do them eyes closed

Old 06-04-2006, 08:58 PM
captchas
captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.
with the early heads it's the only way to do it. all 4, 6, 8 or 10 at one hit. with the ones i do i use the fulltorque ones as i personally like leaving the alloy thread in the head for heat transfer. but both work just as well so no biggie there . just do them all use the newer thread inserts and plugs . i have yet to see them have the same problem latter on with these kits while a helicoiled one sure dose . and thankfully both companies make a double over size insert to fix that problem.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
KENYONJIM
New User
KENYONJIM is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have had two plugs blow out one at 80,00 and the other at 120,000. I took the truck to ford and they offered to put a new motor in for $6,000 plus. They also said that they was aware of the promblem with the spark plugs ejecting. They said they would lower the cost on the engine $800.00. Has any body contacted the local news for help with this promblem about ford. Any body intersted in contacting fox 4 news in Dallas, Texas this week and explain to them the promblems you have had with this, they would love to hear your story

Old 05-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation

Wow! This thread was started in '02, revived in '06, and now, revived again in '07.

For doing a search, you deserve to be lauded...lots of people don't. But ya might wanna start your own thread.

Then again, for what you're proposing, it's old news. The media has been aware of this loooooooooooooooooooong known problem, and so has consumer affairs.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...ark_plugs.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ord_spark.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...k_engines.html

Stewart

Old 03-28-2008, 10:56 AM
davidbbq
New User
davidbbq is starting off with a positive reputation.
Time sert ROCKS!!!

Originally Posted by sguy1
I blew #5 just before I was going to tear down for Lighting upgrade to my 99 expidition. Put timeserts in all 8 holes. Now running +4 pully aprox 2500 mi on build no problems. Timesert kit is super easy (lots o grease) but take your time and follow steps.

roxz0rs j00 box0rz!
http://www.timesert.com/html/triton_repair2.html

Old 03-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
LOL! I guess it's gonna become a yearly thing to bring this thread back alive.

Stewart

Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 PM
SVTruck
New User
SVTruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
thats bull i have fully stock 02 lighting and this just recently happened 2 me; TWICE!!

Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Originally Posted by SVTruck View Post
thats bull i have fully stock 02 lighting and this just recently happened 2 me; TWICE!!
I'm not sure I understand you. What part of this thread is bull?

Stewart

Old 05-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Originally Posted by rstu627 View Post
You write very well, support you! link removed link removed
Die spam-bot!

Stewart

Old 04-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Civilian
Freshman User
Civilian is starting off with a positive reputation.
How about "Once again on 2010"? Kind of rimes.
Thanks for posting all this info guys.
I have had 3 plugs re-done, but now on my fourth I think I have to bite the bullet and have the head removed as it is the rear plug on the drivers side.
With 74,000 miles is it best to do the repair or are there aftermarket heads that might be a better option?
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post

Wow! This thread was started in '02, revived in '06, and now, revived again in '07.

Stewart

Old 04-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Originally Posted by Civilian View Post
How about "Once again on 2010"? Kind of rimes.
Thanks for posting all this info guys.
I have had 3 plugs re-done, but now on my fourth I think I have to bite the bullet and have the head removed as it is the rear plug on the drivers side.
With 74,000 miles is it best to do the repair or are there aftermarket heads that might be a better option?
You can get stock '03+ heads that have more threads per plug hole. But if you're gonna pull the heads, instead of replacing them with new stock heads, or putting threaded inserts in your old heads, I'd just opt for a set of nice aftermarket heads like JDM has.

Get a nice set of stage 2 heads with a matching cam and be done with it.

Stewart

Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Civilian
Freshman User
Civilian is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talked to my mechanic who has done the others and he says removing the head should not be necessary. So I am crossing my fingers as I would rather spend the $$$ on other upgrades.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
It's not necessary. I thought you wanted to replace the heads.

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

Stewart

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: !!!!Spark Plug Ejection!!!!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.