windage tray

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:59 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bear the 429/460 ALWAYS had the exhaust crossover (go look at C8VE heads you will see the exhaust port in the intake face)
And I can't imagine how you think that it controls oil or how in anyones imagination you could possible think that splashed oil onto the bottom of the intake is going to stop it from getting to the oil pan, and in fact a valley pan might actually CAUSE this. Honestly IF it actually was bout getting it to the pan faster ford would have polished the lifter valley because the rough casting slows the oils return much more then the minor amount splashed onto an intake manifold bottom where gravity will pull it back off.

So with your comment about it splashing into the upper part of the lifter valley so it will never get back to the oil pan you have now just shown that you have never even been inside of a 429/460 in your life. please show us first WHERE in that lifter valley it's going to hold oil and then show us how a valley pan that doesn't even sit directly over the lifters but rather sits between the cylinder heads directly under the intake is going to prevent oil from splashing anywhere. If you actually knew what the inside of a 460 looked like you would know that there is no place for it to hold up the oil return especially directly under the intake. And even more so any place that a valley pan would prevent the oil from getting to in order to prevent this. Might want to go talk to your engine builder again and get a new education that is up to date.

So I guess then that Obama is going to be the greatest president in history by your admission because more and more I really wonder about you, it's not rocket science here bear and NO ONE thinks that the valley pan is used for oil control. it is HEAT ONLY. Bear you really need to learn when to just quit.

so show us that majical place that is going to hold oil without the valley pan in place. Here is a picture of one so you know what they look like.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:36 AM
rwlacks
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would not use the pan , But dont listen to edelbrock tech's they say to use standard gaskets and discard the end strips and use 1/4" to 3/8" bead RTV instead !!! This will fail I have built many engines and not used end strips just RTV and worked fine but on my 460 eng. after three times said **** on it !!! I used Felpro gaskets and rubber end strips put some weatherstrip adhesive on strips to block then use RTV on top and the corners !!! This will stop the oil leaks . Also i cut small metal block-off plates for the EGR my intake is cool to touch

Old 01-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Bear 45/70
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
Bear the 429/460 ALWAYS had the exhaust crossover (go look at C8VE heads you will see the exhaust port in the intake face)
And I can't imagine how you think that it controls oil or how in anyones imagination you could possible think that splashed oil onto the bottom of the intake is going to stop it from getting to the oil pan, and in fact a valley pan might actually CAUSE this. Honestly IF it actually was bout getting it to the pan faster ford would have polished the lifter valley because the rough casting slows the oils return much more then the minor amount splashed onto an intake manifold bottom where gravity will pull it back off.

So with your comment about it splashing into the upper part of the lifter valley so it will never get back to the oil pan you have now just shown that you have never even been inside of a 429/460 in your life. please show us first WHERE in that lifter valley it's going to hold oil and then show us how a valley pan that doesn't even sit directly over the lifters but rather sits between the cylinder heads directly under the intake is going to prevent oil from splashing anywhere. If you actually knew what the inside of a 460 looked like you would know that there is no place for it to hold up the oil return especially directly under the intake. And even more so any place that a valley pan would prevent the oil from getting to in order to prevent this. Might want to go talk to your engine builder again and get a new education that is up to date.

So I guess then that Obama is going to be the greatest president in history by your admission because more and more I really wonder about you, it's not rocket science here bear and NO ONE thinks that the valley pan is used for oil control. it is HEAT ONLY. Bear you really need to learn when to just quit.

so show us that majical place that is going to hold oil without the valley pan in place. Here is a picture of one so you know what they look like.

You really don't get it and there is obviously not point in explaining it anymore. You don't want to understand.