1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 F250 Keyless Remote Entry ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Haveyoudrivn1lately?
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 99 F250 Keyless Remote Entry ?

I recently purchased a 1999 F250 S/D v10 5 speed ext. cab and only received one ignition key (no keyless entry fobs).

The truck does not have a keypad on the doors, but if this truck has the remote keyless entry option, how can I tell?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Follow the steps to program in the transmitters. I have posted them below. If the locks don't lock/unlock after turning the ignition on/off 8 times you don't have keyless entry.

To reprogram all transmitters, place the key in the ignition and turn from
OFF to ON eight times in a row (within 10 seconds). After doors
lock/unlock, press any control on all transmitters (up to four). When
completed, turn the ignition to OFF.
All transmitters must be reprogrammed at the same time.

One thing I should mention, Off is not the position where you can take your key out. That is considered Lock. The first click forward is Off, the second click forward (when your radio and climate control turns on) is On, and past the On position is where your truck tries to start. Some people get confused and try to turn back and forth in between On and Lock and that doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure we figured out that the hard wired entry keypad was a seperate option from remote locks up until 2005 when they grouped them together as the Advanced Security Group.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-21-2009, 07:21 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
If you don't have it, you can get a keyless entry system installed at most alarm shops, or buy the aftermarket set up and do it yourself if you know how to wire things up. You can also buy a stick on key pad from Ford and add that to your truck if you want one.

Welcome to FTE.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
I think the stick on keypad only works if he has the Ford keyless entry system.

If he doesn't then yes there are many aftermarket kits that can be added fairly easily since he already has power locks. He may even want to think about getting and alarm, remote start, or a combo unit with alarm and remote start as many of those can add keyless entry also.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:01 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
If you can get into the programming mode of the aftermarket set up, you can add the Ford key pad as long as the system doesn't require you to push the lock and unlock buttons at the same time.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:26 PM
ameinig
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 1999 also that I bought from the original owner. Mine has Ford Keyless entry, but it is a dealer add. I think all 1999s that had keyless were this way. It still has all of the install/operation manuals in the glovebox. Maybe you can still get the kit from Ford.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 AM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ameinig
I have a 1999 also that I bought from the original owner. Mine has Ford Keyless entry, but it is a dealer add. I think all 1999s that had keyless were this way. It still has all of the install/operation manuals in the glovebox. Maybe you can still get the kit from Ford.
I had a 99 that came with factory keyless entry, so it was available.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 AM
DetailerDave
Elder User
My 99 also has keyless from factory.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:53 AM
juneau76
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same dilemma when I got my truck. I bought an OEM keyless system only to get build sheets that showed keyless was already installed. Yes, I did it a little bassakwards. I still have the OEM keyless kit here if you end up not having it and want it. It would only require a small donation to help offset my own financial crisis.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Haveyoudrivn1lately?
New User
Thanks for the info - Keyless entry

Thank you to all of you for the info. Sorry I am so late getting back to you. I washed my 6.8 (the engine itself) the other night to get the road salt off and have now learned NOT TO DO THAT. Trying to find the bad coil and/or plug on a v10 is like playing whack-a-mole at Chucky Cheese.
Juneau76 I may take you up on that keyless system once I see what my current damages$$$ are.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:30 PM
SC_Dave
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey guys answer this....

My remote (or the part that hooks onto my key ring) broke so it's loose from the ring and I hate that. Can you one from the parts house or does it have to be OEM.

David

Old 04-13-2009, 08:22 AM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
FWIW my 04' F-250 XLT SC didn't come with keyless entry or the door keypad. You can get a DEI system equal to the factory system for under $150 installed.

Hey guys answer this....

My remote (or the part that hooks onto my key ring) broke so it's loose from the ring and I hate that. Can you one from the parts house or does it have to be OEM.

David
Keyless Entry Remote Key Fobs, Remotes & Keys for Cars

Old 04-13-2009, 04:43 PM
SC_Dave
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dkf
FWIW my 04' F-250 XLT SC didn't come with keyless entry or the door keypad. You can get a DEI system equal to the factory system for under $150 installed.

Keyless Entry Remote Key Fobs, Remotes & Keys for Cars
I just need the key fob. I have an extra from my wife's 04 Taurus, can I reprogram that one for my truck?

David

Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 PM
phillipmccarthey
New User
keyless entry

Originally Posted by Beerstalker
Follow the steps to program in the transmitters. I have posted them below. If the locks don't lock/unlock after turning the ignition on/off 8 times you don't have keyless entry.

To reprogram all transmitters, place the key in the ignition and turn from
OFF to ON eight times in a row (within 10 seconds). After doors
lock/unlock, press any control on all transmitters (up to four). When
completed, turn the ignition to OFF.
All transmitters must be reprogrammed at the same time.

One thing I should mention, Off is not the position where you can take your key out. That is considered Lock. The first click forward is Off, the second click forward (when your radio and climate control turns on) is On, and past the On position is where your truck tries to start. Some people get confused and try to turn back and forth in between On and Lock and that doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure we figured out that the hard wired entry keypad was a seperate option from remote locks up until 2005 when they grouped them together as the Advanced Security Group.
Question:
So, if your truck doesn't have the keyless entry installed from the factory and the method above doesn't work would there be a plug under the dash so a person could add the VSM box ?

2002 F250 Diesel 4X4

Old 09-10-2011, 06:59 AM
cds
Senior User
I have keyless entry with 2 fobs but I would like to add a keypad as I also found the keylock on the drivers side does not work. I may go to the dealer and see about the stick-on keypad option. Any idea how much they cost??? I just thought of something...if the keyfob does not unlock the doors when the truck is running will the keypad?? It does on my wifes car, it is factory and it did on my Expy, also factory. Just wondering??

Quick Reply: 99 F250 Keyless Remote Entry ?