2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory floormats

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
wildcat99
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My '06 came with the factory mats and yes I "have noticed the driver's side one is tiny". I also noticed the passenger side is tiny, in my opinion. After taking a look at the factory mats in the rear (supercab) noticed they were tiny also.
HTH

Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by HogTied
I just ordered a set of factory floormats off of eBay and received them today. I was wondering if anyone else that has the factory floormats have noticed the driver's side one is tiny? It just barely goes under the brake pedal, doesn't go under the gas pedal at all and doesn't cover the carpet on the left side of the brake pedal. It looks to be way too small. The passenger side one is fine.
don't know of the FX4 mats are different or not...but

my OEM mats don't cover about 1 1/2" between the plastic door sill trim and the mat. they don't cover directly under the gas pedal either. under my brake pedal there is a rubber mat integrated to the carpetting.

overall I'm happy with them. I've had the truck for 2yrs in mud/rain and no complaints...especially when those weathertechs are $100 for some rubber

Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 AM
northernowl
Senior User
Oem mats haven't lasted 6 months before they started falling appart. Don't like that they cover such a small area for the floor, especially the rear.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:50 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by northernowl
Oem mats haven't lasted 6 months before they started falling appart. Don't like that they cover such a small area for the floor, especially the rear.
what the hell are you doing to them? mine are 1/4" thick rubber. they still look new after 2 yrs

you have dogs?

Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 AM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jamesgoodhue
No one anwered his question... I asked the same thing, and the answer I got is that they can not have the matt within 3" of the gas pedal... Told me it was fed regulation now... Don't know if I believe them, but that is how they make them.
It's not a federal regulation. If it is, then Weathertech is in violation of it because their floor liner goes under the gas pedal.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:12 AM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003u45
"I need a moderator to close this thread because it got totally hijacked. Only one person answered me. The rest all work for or have stock in Weathertech."

Yes, factory mats are rediculous. I have them in my 03 x and it looks way way too small. My 2007 non-Ford also has a smaller than it should mat. Under the pedal is exposed too.
Read my post again... I answered your question... And no I don't have stock in weathertech nor do I work for them...

They just work well.

Relax.... Sometimes you get more info than you want... But the info you need is in the posts..

Old 01-12-2009, 09:10 AM
fireman28
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the factory rubber mats and yes they were small. Both the front and rear were too small. My drivers side mat had a hole in it after about 6 months. I changed them out for the Weathertech Rubber Mats and have had them for the last 6 months with no issue.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:34 AM
northernowl
Senior User
Originally Posted by tylus
what the hell are you doing to them? mine are 1/4" thick rubber. they still look new after 2 yrs

you have dogs?

I ended up with a hole in the Drivers mat where my right heel rested. The ridges in the mat eventully started tearing and made a hole.

No I don't have dogs, but I have a pair of 7 year olds. They alone are hard enough on the rear seats and floor boards.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:32 AM
HankMurphy
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by HogTied
I just ordered a set of factory floormats off of eBay and received them today. I was wondering if anyone else that has the factory floormats have noticed the driver's side one is tiny? It just barely goes under the brake pedal, doesn't go under the gas pedal at all and doesn't cover the carpet on the left side of the brake pedal. It looks to be way too small. The passenger side one is fine.
I've had the factory mats in both my 2005 and 2008 XLs. I also noted that they do not provide door-to-tunnel coverage, like some of the aftermarket ones do. I can see where someone with light-colored carpet in their truck would have some concerns.

However, with hose-it-out XL vinyl floors, I don't care! My experience has been that the stock mats are great when dealing with muddy Red Wings or trail running shoes. The deep grooves give the mud a place to drop off the footwear, and tend to clean up my shoes. The aftermarket ones I've seen have a smooth floor, and I don't really like that with really muddy feet. Your experience may be different.

The stock drivers side does move around more than I like, though, and I keep thinking I should find some way of securing it to the seat track to keep it in place. Haven't gotten around to that yet.

A lot depends upon your personal habits. Office-dwelling commuters looking to keep their carpet clean should probably look at the wider coverage aftermarket units. Outdoor types may find the stock Ford units to be fine, as I have.

However...if you use your F150 as a truck, the carpet is going to get dirty. Don't shed a tear.

In any event, I recommend some kind of floor mats if you plan on keeping your F150 a long time, irrespective of carpet or vinyl floor. I've worn through both without floor mats.

Keep your feet on the ground,