Sponsored by:

Excursion Diversion / Ford Truck Rally 2008 Video on-line

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Excursion Diversion / Ford Truck Rally 2008 Video on-line

Okay I finally got around to putting together a video/picture slide show from the rally in Gatlinburg. This will give you folks that didn't attend an idea of what you MISSED!!!

Part 1: Excursion Diversion 2008 Part 1.wmv videos from road trips videos on webshots
Part 2: Excursion Diversion 2008 Part 2.wmv videos from road trips videos on webshots

Sorry for the confusion of having it in two parts. I've never posted videos on line before and I ran into a few issue on other servers so I simply uploaded it to my webshots page. However they have a 5 minute length rule so I had to split up my 8 minute one into two...

I know this doesn't help you guys but it plays beautiful as a one piece movie. It really doesn't play bad as two parts as I tried to break it at a good stopping spot.

Just to let you know...I have it currently in an AVI formatted file that is 1.8GIGS!!! But at least you guys can see what it looks like...

Thanks go to all the rally goers for sending me your photos...I think it came out pretty good...I hope you like it.

I tried to insert some humor...hopefully I didn't offend anyone...I just was poking a little fun.

I believe when you watch the video you can tell everyone had a great time.

If you like it do the following...

1) Sign up to attend this years rally in July (see sticky thread at top of this forum for more info)

2) Send some reps my way

Enjoy!

Joe.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:23 AM
Cardiac69
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice compilation of pictures. It played well on my crappy Verizon connection...... Hopefully we will be in a few of next years pictures

I see that I ain't the only early bird in northern Indiana, either.....

Old 11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Sweet!

I'll have to watch this later tonight when I have more time.

Stewart

Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great videos!!! Now that'll make you want to go...

Old 11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'm in Boston on a business trip...

Good news is that I think I have figured out why I couldn't upload to YouTube...so this weekend I'm going to try again when I get home this way I can post it and help advertise the event with one video...

I already know about one spelling error in the Go-Kart section...I mispelled Grudge...(argh)...

Joe.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:41 PM
bmenzel
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great work Joey! Looking forward to next year.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:10 AM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i figured that i would post here as well. does anyone know if there are any travel trailer rental companies in that area. i would love to have one but there isnt really much to choose from here in PA. plus, it doesnt really make sense for me to tow a trailer from PA down to TN and back if i dont have to. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks again..

Old 11-19-2008, 07:50 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
racerx,

I do not specifically know of any TT rental spots down there.

Here's another thought...Twin Creek has some AWESOME cabins. One of our rally goers last year used them. Only hitch is that they want a 6 night minimum for it. However they come completely furnished with everything you need.

The cabins are right on the same property so you would be with everyone at the campground and wouldn't have to drive to a hotel after a night around the campfire, etc...

There are also numerous hotels in the area. Neal 97 250 stayed at one less than a mile from the campground...he said it was nothing fancy...but gave him a place to sleep and shower...

You may want to give Mary at Twin Creek a call to see if she knows of any local places that rent TT's...I know there are places out there that do that...just don't know how close they are to Twin Creek.

Also keep in mind that if you don't have it already...you would have to get an electric brake controller for your Ex which will likely run you $100 (again you may have it) but if not you would have to figure that into the rental costs of the TT which will likely run $100 per day (just a guess)...that's the only reason I suggested the cabin...this way you don't have to worry about anything or setting up the Ex to tow the TT, etc...

Just a thought...

In any event WE HOPE you are there ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!!!

Joe.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:06 AM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Joe, thanks for the reply. I will definately be there with my wife and my new baby daughter. I already have the brake controller and the X is definately set up for towing as I have a 91 mustang than I race and it goes 9.40's. And also, we have a horse that I trailer to shows for the wife. The reason I was thinking for the TT was because we were wanting to go to ashville for a day or two also. Plus, I think the X wouldn't fit allthe crap in it especially all the stuff for the baby too. I have seen TT for rent that are about 30' and run $125/day. Thanks again for the reply and I will get a move on to figure out what are gonna do for final plans.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Yup the motel I stayed in was clean and convenient. I really can't complain about it at all. It was cheap and close and clean. It was on the creek as well and had a back door that went out to the creek. There were alot of ducks hangigng around in the water.

RacerX where you wanna go in Asheville? I was born in Hendersonville and now live in Erwin less than an hour from Ashvl. Biltmore is a great visit. I hope to see you there and I will look for trailer rental for you, although I haven't seen trailers for rent much just Motor Homes. Hey there is a thought you can rent one of those down here and drive it to Asheville for a day or two.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:02 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Okay...

I was able to make a final edit and get the whole video uploaded to YouTube as ONE video.

YouTube - Excursion Diversion 2008

Let me know what you think...

Feel free to post this link around to advertise the rally...

Hope you enjoy the video as a whole.

Joe.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:40 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Bump for anyone interested in attending this year's rally and wondering what it is all about...take a look at the LAST video for a flavor of the fun we had!

Hope to see you at this years rally...we've got a good number already booked at Twin Creek!

PM me when you book so I can add you to the master list!

Joe.