Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Up-pipes

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 AM
FARM69
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up-pipes

Long storyshort... I'm doing a turbo upgrade with the h2e kit. Well, the kit doesn't come with the up-pipe collars that attach it to the collector or manifords. I heard that I can get these pieces from ford, but when I stopped at my local dealer they were clueless. Does anyone know a part number for the collars or the up-pipes or another place that I can find them?

The old ones are not useable....

Old 11-06-2008, 07:59 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FARM69, Call your local IH dealer and ask them about the bellowed up-pipes. That is where I got mine from. I don't have the part # with me here, but I can get it for you this evening.

OK, I just found them. Have a look at this. click here

Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you dont have a IN dealer, let me know, I will run down the street ( after calling ) and get something going for you, if needed.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:20 AM
FARM69
Postmaster
I don't need the up-pipes. I need the collars that attach the up-pipes to the collector and manifolds...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shoot Ed (FTEPartsGuy) a pm. He is a site sponser and a great guy. He'll be able to help you out.

Here is his website: Th!nk Parts Guy

Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
But now the question is, do you need to me to get this going?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:29 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

OK, I just changed my up-pipes to the bellowed ones. My old pipes are in great shape. I know the collars going to the baby's butt come off, but I don't remember about the ones going to the manifold. I think they are flaired. I will look when I get home this afternoon. If you can wait for mail, I will send them to you. I don't know if they will fit your 97', but if they do, you are welcome to them.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FARM69
Long storyshort... I'm doing a turbo upgrade with the h2e kit. Well, the kit doesn't come with the up-pipe collars that attach it to the collector or manifords. I heard that I can get these pieces from ford, but when I stopped at my local dealer they were clueless. Does anyone know a part number for the collars or the up-pipes or another place that I can find them?

The old ones are not useable....
You are swapping to an H2E turbo. Ford and International do not have up-pipe kits to fit that turbo. Most performance shops that deal with the Powerstrokes typically sell a kit with the H2E, because you not only need the exhaust piping but you'll also piping for the intake and CAC system.

Might want to give WOP a call and see if they can sell you the piping. They carry the H2E with piping, so maybe they can make a deal for just the piping by itself. Wide Open Performance

Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Originally Posted by Pocket
You are swapping to an H2E turbo. Ford and International do not have up-pipe kits to fit that turbo. Most performance shops that deal with the Powerstrokes typically sell a kit with the H2E, because you not only need the exhaust piping but you'll also piping for the intake and CAC system.

Might want to give WOP a call and see if they can sell you the piping. They carry the H2E with piping, so maybe they can make a deal for just the piping by itself. Wide Open Performance

Good catch Curtis. We all got snagged on this one. I sure didn't think about that.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:22 PM
FARM69
Postmaster
I have the up-pipes for the h2e kit. I need the collars or clamps that will attach these pipes to the manifold and the collectors. Appearently the kit does not come with them. I didn't realize this until I got the kit weeks after I removed my turbo.

Beans said I need to get them through Ford.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:23 PM
FARM69
Postmaster
I seriously stumped on this one. I've talked to two Ford dealers and one International one and it sounds like I need a part number or its a lost cause.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Are you saying the old ones from your up-pipes would work if they were not damaged? I think ford would only have the ones with the donut gasket. I would think your new up-pipes would not have this donut gasket needing flange. I don't know.

Can you post a pic of the pipes?