1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Ford vs Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Norton72
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't help but thinking... If I owned several trucks and some were Fords and some were Dodges, and if I were to join a Dodge forum to look for advice, I don't think I would take the handle "F350 PSD." If I did, some folks might think I just did that to draw attention to myself and ruffle feathers. Especially if I were to ever make any slightly off-color remarks about Dodges. Especially if I were to get defensive when Fords were openly disdained.

But that's just me. Everyone has their own way of doing things.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Dodge/Cummins
Postmaster
Well it's been done and if the guys were there to learn about Dodges a lot of guys stuck up for them (usually the older, wiser members). I am not old but I stuck up for them anyway.
I still don't see where my "off-color remarks" were made.
I don't see anywhere that I said ANYTHING bad about Fords. Maybe if you don't worship them it's considered an insult? I don't understand?
I've seen A LOT of guys on the IDI site have Chevy-based user names and not one of them caught flack for it.
Are Dodges a bigger threat to the Blue Oval Club or something?
I TOTALLY don't get where I've slapped Fords in the face.
I own FIVE of the freakin' things, do I need to buy a dealership or something?
I'm NOT going to change my username because the mere mention of the "dirty Dodge" makes people uncomfortable. It's served me well on the IDI forum for a long time with nary a problem.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Norton72
Elder User
Yeah, OK... it's just not the way I do things, that's all. I'm not going to apologize for who I am, and I'm tired of all this diplomacy.

I love Dodges. I think they're great, and I think they're beautiful. I think the Cummins diesel is an awesome motor and I'm jealous that they are not in my beloved Fords. That's why I love the Dodge bashing.

So can we get along now? You're alright with me man. Let's just drop it.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Dodge/Cummins
Postmaster
You had better spit that nasty taste out of your mouth!

I HONESTLY HOPE WE ARE FRIENDS!

I'm not trying to "convert you" or anybody else. I'm not some kind of "crusader" out to save the savages from their evil ways. That's why I don't bad-mouth Fords.

Maybe the username conveys that image but "I" definitely don't. I can't help what is assumed.

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED IT'S DROPPED!
I just want to set the facts straight about where I stand so I can learn something about MY POWERSTROKE with out being mis-interpreted.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Pest007
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am a Ford guy and have been, but I've also owned chevy's, and may one day try a Dodge, but I don't understand why some people hate one vs the others, they each have their pros and cons, most of which are minimal at best. I just like diesels in gerneral, Cummins, International, CAT, whatever... just diesels in trucks have some potential its nice to have people that specialize in their own stuff like Ford guys, Dodge guys, Chevy guys... either way you put it its a lot of cool crap

Old 11-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Dodge/Cummins
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Pest007
I am a Ford guy and have been, but I've also owned chevy's, and may one day try a Dodge, but I don't understand why some people hate one vs the others, they each have their pros and cons, most of which are minimal at best. I just like diesels in gerneral, Cummins, International, CAT, whatever... just diesels in trucks have some potential its nice to have people that specialize in their own stuff like Ford guys, Dodge guys, Chevy guys... either way you put it its a lot of cool crap

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

I have to say I don't think I'll ever be sold on a Duramax.
But if I ever found one cheap enough...................................maybe I'd give it a try. I wouldn't try to make it a "real" truck out of it but maybe a comuter rig.
The key was CHEAP ENOUGH, that way if it goes to crap I could part it out and not loose my shorts!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
heathrunkles
Senior User
Originally Posted by Pest007
"Its not what you buy----Its what you build"!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Dodge/Cummins
Postmaster
I agree with that too!

If I see an old '86 Ford with a cool home-made winch bumper on the front and a camo paint job I'll go up and talk to that guy.
If I see a guy in a Hummer H2 I look the other way. If there ever was a rig that was bought for the "look at me factor" that's IT!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Norton72
Elder User
Yep, I like diesels too. Don't know a lot about them, but I'm learning real fast. I was surprised to learn that diesels got so much better fuel mileage than gassers, and that's the real reason I began shopping for and eventually bought one. I was even more surprised to learn how much performance can be coaxed out of one, and how easily as well. And now that I see diesel prices dropping so dramatically ($2.99 around here, and saw $2.85 in Elgin, TX today,) that price thing is not even a consideration anymore. Besides, by my reckoning even at the peak of fuel prices the gains in mileage still made diesels more economical.

Yessir mister Dodge/Cummins, we can be friends.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:25 AM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
i think the cummings is a good motor i just don't like the trucks. personal preferance but ford has sold me on the 7.3's iv drivin a couple 6.0's and was not impressed that and there track record of head gasket problems and other issues i don't think i would ever ill ever own a ford made after 2003.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree a new truck would be nice. That is if there was a truck worth owning that is new nowadays.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM
scatgo
Posting Guru
Now if he was driving a Ford when this happened he would have survived. But then again If he was driving a Ford he would have not been foolish enough to do this...................YouTube - RV drivers worst nightmare - Truck and Trailer

Old 11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
iv seen that before its down right scary

Old 11-04-2008, 02:11 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my cousin has a 12v w/ the pump manually turned up it pours the smoke like a prostock pulling tractor. however its all bark and no bite. my 96 psd blows it away stock. now with my chip he can eat my smoke while i destroy him even better than before.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:29 PM
scatgo
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 884x4broncoII
iv seen that before its down right scary

Yea, that freaked me out seeing that. It looks like the cab got crushed right down to the ground along with the driver. Reminded me of how my driving instructor kept stressing the clearance issue when I was training for my CDL.
And how he freaked every time the stacks clipped a low branch.

Quick Reply: Ford vs Dodge