Sponsored by:

95 F-150 Lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 10:33 PM
Redneck 83
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 95 F-150 Lift

I have a 95 F-150 4x4 Regular Cab, Short Box with a 4.9 and M5OD (3.55 gears). I want to lift it 4 or 6" and run 35" or something close. I was looking at Skyjacker Phase II Systems that include rear springs instead of blocks and the extended radius arms. Pinion angle is the only problem it seems like i will have. Could I take out the rear leaf shackles in the back side so that the spring mount would be closer to the ground on the back side of it and also give it an extra inch or so of lift. The big reason i want to do this is because i think it would pivot the rear end maybe 8* or so and help the pinion angle out. Eventually a new driveshaft and other mods will follow, but the lift is coming from my tax return. Any comments appreciated.

Old 02-26-2002, 04:09 PM
orange peel
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 F-150 Lift

yeah thats a good lift, the longer radius arms are great but a little harder to do than the drop brackets because you have to take apart the front end. your pinion angle should be fine, mine is. the new leaves should have the angle in them already, my lift came with blocks and add-a-leafs and the blocks already had the angle but in them, and my friend got the skyjacker lift and the new leaves had the new angle in them already. you wont really need a new drive shaft mine isnt that far out of the t case at all. if you do need the angle changed all you do is move the spring perches over, its not hard you have to cut them off and move them to the right degree and weld them back.

Old 02-26-2002, 10:09 PM
gamehunter
Elder User
95 F-150 Lift

You will need to make sure your front driveshaft doesn't hit your tranny crossmemeber. I also have the M5OD and with my 4" lift and I have absolutely no space left between the crossmember and the trans. If i would have went even an inch higher I would have ran into problems. As it is, I get a clunk noise while im in 4x4 that seems to be related to the driveshaft, and for some reason gets worse while turning. It seems people with the automatics dont run into this problem with the crossmember. After doing the 4" I am glad I didn't go with a 6" at this time after seeing all the problems I would have had. Although, it seems most people have been able to get by without much trouble with their lifts. The only problem in running 35" with a 4" is it will probably cause a good deal of rubbing when turning and pounding down on the suspension while off road. I also like the looks a a decent amount of wheel spacing. Good luck

Old 02-26-2002, 10:15 PM
gamehunter
Elder User
95 F-150 Lift

I forgot to mention the lift kits generally include shims that change the driveshaft angle to compensate for the lift. Also, those shackles are probably there for a reason. They let the leaf pack expand outward while it is being compressed, other wise there isn't any room for the leaf to go. I don't know what would happen if you did remove them, but I dont think it would be very favorable for the life of your springs or for articulation of any kind.

Old 02-26-2002, 11:20 PM
Redneck 83
Junior User
Post 95 F-150 Lift

Thanks guys. I went to a spring shop today and they told me the same thing about hooking up the rear springs. If anyone has done a 6" with the m5od, please post your results. I do worry a bit about what gamehunter has said about the front. I dont see why they make this lift and larger ones if there isnt a way to run the driveshaft.

Old 02-27-2002, 03:14 PM
jacoby
Freshman User
95 F-150 Lift

I have a the same truck as yours with the exception that mine is a '94. I have the 6" Skyjacker class 2 system on mine and have no problems with the front drive shaft. The skyjacker springs come with pads on them to turn your pinion up just a bit. I have had my truck twisted up pretty good and not pulled the rear drive shaft out of the slip yoke yet. The extended radius arms are a must in my book. Just ensure that you measure correctly when you move the brackets for them.
jacoby

94 F-150 SB 4X4
6" Skyjacker
35" BFG MT's
Detroit Locker Rear
True Track limited Front
4.10 gears

Old 02-27-2002, 11:20 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
95 F-150 Lift

You'll love the Skyjacker Class II. I'm fairly sure you won't have any drive shaft problems. I've done two of them now and they both turned out fine. They both look really close,,,but they don't hit.

Good luck and have fun with it
Ryan

Old 03-01-2002, 02:10 PM
Redneck 83
Junior User
Post 95 F-150 Lift

Alright, thanks. I will post once i get it finished to let you all know how it went. I might get a digital camera also. If i can I will get pictures of the whole process.

Old 03-02-2002, 05:37 AM
gtex
Lead Driver
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
95 F-150 Lift