New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

September Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Nitramjr
it was a great day, great show and the crowd was huge. over 90 minutes now since the show ended and I am not even thinking of trying to leave. been watching the same yellow jeep sitting I line for an hour. we have beer at the squadron....nice to see sean, ken and the rest of you, albeit briefly....

I know what you mean.. I would stay there till 10:00Pm if I were you.. The traffic may be cleared by then..

I wonder if Sean is going to make it home alive??

I was getting aggrivated sitting in traffic alone.. I wouldn't want to be stuck in traffic for hours with Sean in the car...

Ken probably already has him strapped to the roof..

Old 09-07-2008, 06:49 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,065 Likes on 4,165 Posts
Good evening New England...GREAT TIME at the GTG today...fantastic show by all the pilots...especially those who closed out the show with a superb showing by the Thunderbirds!!! The weather was picture perfect...bright sunshine...temps in the high 70s...nice breeze...no humidity.

Good to meet some new folks...aerocell...Dave was there with his wife and his truck!!! Talk about a Ford Truck ENTHUSIAST...Dave is definitely one!!! Dave...sorry we got seperated and didn't hook back up again. Hopefully in the future!!!

We also got to meet Barecove...Steve...and his son Liam!!! Great meeting you guys...enjoyed talking with you Steve. Beautiful truck also!!!

Good to see Ray...all be it...ever so briefly!!! My father enjoyed speaking with you also!!!

I understand Dick...Chip...and...Bill were there also...didn't run into them...but we will at a future GTG. Hope you guys had a great time!!!

We also hooked up with C4Barnes...Courtie and his bride...Marina...along with their son Peter. Finally got together with them as we were getting ready to leave. Peter still has nightmares of Match Box Trucks...but his therapist assures Courtie and Marina that he will get over it after some intensive therapy!!!!

Don...sorry you couldn't get there...you would have loved the show!!! Hope to see you next month!!!

"The Stomach"...formerly known as "The Fearless Eater"...promises to post some pictures and videos later this evening!!!

By the way...once we got in the car...it took us about 90 minutes to get off base...and then another 15 minutes to get to Route 33!!! I can't ever remember being in a worse traffic jam!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:06 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ken... you couldn't find your way out of a game of pocket pool let alone a military base. George called me and said you thought traffic "jam" was something to put on toast. I told him noooo, but I've been wrong before.
I know....banished to the test thread.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
BIGKEN
Carl...we missed you!!! Too bad you couldn't make it. One of these days...I'm going to show up on your door step with some ice cold Sammys in the car. As a matter of fact...when I went to my nieces wedding in Apulia Station...my dad saw the exit for Cooperstown and mentioned that he would like to go there. That might present the ideal opportunity!!!

By the way...How 'Bout Them Yankmees?!?!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:15 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the process of uploading pics and vids........Bare with me while I inhale Meatloaf and work at the same time.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
By the way...once we got in the car...it took us about 90 minutes to get off base...and then another 15 minutes to get to Route 33!!! I can't ever remember being in a worse traffic jam!!!
Ken how long did it take to get into the place??

By the looks of where I was traffic wasn't moving very fast..

Old 09-07-2008, 07:20 PM
BIGKEN
Came in the back way to Arbys...didn't hit any traffic until we left their parking lot. Took about 45 minutes to get on base and park.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 304 Likes on 279 Posts
So Sean is now known as "The Stomach" ??????

I thought that he was on a diet..... or is it a 'see food' diet

Old 09-07-2008, 07:31 PM
BIGKEN
Sean was on the "See Food Diet"...he has now switched to the revolutionary "Rotation Diet"...every time he turns around...he eats something!!!

In case you haven't realized...the New England Chapter has voted Sean to be the member constantly picked on. He has that title for life!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
c4barnes
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We also hooked up with C4Barnes...Courtie and his bride...Marina...along with their son Peter. Finally got together with them as we were getting ready to leave. Peter still has nightmares of Match Box Trucks...but his therapist assures Courtie and Marina that he will get over it after some intensive therapy!!!!
BK, Peter all but recovered when he saw Nikolaus do that spaghetti strainer power-vomit from the bubbles.

Don - Sorry, man. We went by you. That line was back past the point where it even occurred to us, "gee, we'd better get ready to exit." So then we were left to try and find someone to let us in, but by the exit ramp, people were not too psyched about any charity. Some dude who was last seen on "Cops" getting thrown in the slam for beating his old lady about jumped out of his van when we tried to get over and out of the way of a State Trooper. Then 2+ hours to the base (rather to parking a mile from it), all the while listening to people yell "F this", "un F in believable," etc. out of vehicle windows. But watching those T-Birds go vertical off the runway made it worth it. The ride home - I hate to tell you - was a breeze.

Good to see all - esp Sean scouring the innards of a Hercules to make sure it wasn't a UN food drop , and Ken's old man. Something tells me he still has it in 'im to get his foot about 3 feet off the ground to give young Kenneth a swift kick in the ol' t-cutter when needed!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:41 PM
BIGKEN
You got that right Courtie!!! By the way...my dad took a swing at Nicolas last month with his cane. Nicolas didn't get too close to him after that!!! Peter would have been proud!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:41 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by c4barnes
BK, Peter all but recovered when he saw Nikolaus do that spaghetti strainer power-vomit from the bubbles.

Don - Sorry, man. We went by you. That line was back past the point where it even occurred to us, "gee, we'd better get ready to exit." So then we were left to try and find someone to let us in, but by the exit ramp, people were not too psyched about any charity. Some dude who was last seen on "Cops" getting thrown in the slam for beating his old lady about jumped out of his van when we tried to get over and out of the way of a State Trooper. Then 2+ hours to the base (rather to parking a mile from it), all the while listening to people yell "F this", "un F in believable," etc. out of vehicle windows. But watching those T-Birds go vertical off the runway made it worth it. The ride home - I hate to tell you - was a breeze.

Good to see all - esp Sean scouring the innards of a Hercules to make sure it wasn't a UN food drop , and Ken's old man. Something tells me he still has it in 'im to get his foot about 3 feet off the ground to give young Kenneth a swift kick in the ol' t-cutter when needed!
Courtie, 2 hours in traffic is not my idea of fun.. After an hour I had it..
It probably would have taken a half hour if guys like you and Steve didn't cut in line..

Old 09-07-2008, 07:49 PM
c4barnes
Elder User
Originally Posted by donjamer
Courtie, 2 hours in traffic is not my idea of fun.. After an hour I had it..
It probably would have taken a half hour if guys like you and Steve didn't cut in line..
You're not kidding. That one was unintentional because the line started over a mile before the exit, but I was good after that and I bet it cost us an hour.

All I know is we need a chapter member nearby who will let us camp out on his lawn the night before!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Aerocell4x4
Diesel Van Enthusiast
Hello everyone:

As a grearhead I really enjoyed poking my head into the aircraft and taking in how the landing gears and other mechanisims articulated, some great engineering there.

My wife enjoyed the airial performances most.

My wife said if there is a next time at the air show, then we go straight to the base, as there wasn't any back-up visible at the rotory when we arrived at Arby's at 0950.
This is inline with our Big-E strategy.

We left the field at about 1510 (to beat the traffic) and were back to the van by 1530 and had minor back-up until we passed the first intersection outside the old base, then clear through the rotory as we headed back to I-391. We could see a small back-up along RT-33 entering the tolls.

Maybe next time you guys should drive past Chicopee to the Holyoke exit and come back down I-91 and then up I-391. I think the over-shoot and extra toll & milage would off set the grid-lock you experienced coming today and have kept you all closer to scheduled arrival.

When we go to the Big-E, we get up there for breakfast and then wait in a small line until the gates open to the parking lots, then I take a nap till the fairground gates open. We would leave the Big-E at closing due to the lower out-bound traffic back-ups at 2200.

Someday we shall meet again.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: September Get Together