6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

$1.56 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Benchwrench
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$1.56 Diesel

No that's not a typo.
It was this time of the year just a short four (4) years ago that diesel was $1.56 per gallon. Remember, this was a few months before the re-election of our currently elected "terrorist".

Old 08-17-2008, 11:31 PM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Benchwrench
....... our currently elected "terrorist".
You couldn't of said it any better than that!!! George W.... what a pud.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:05 AM
blong2107
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't get me wrong guys i'm not a big fan of george w but he has nothin to do with the gas prices everyone blames him if you think one guy can do so much by himself i think we should be worried bout alot more things no one person in the WORLD has enough power to ruin all the things eveyone blames on him and to think about yer statement diesel (not quite sure on the specifics but its close) when the democrats took control of congress (which have more power and say so in the gas prices than any president could ex. making laws which by the way they shouldnt do) diesel was like 2.50 mayb 2.80 thats when san fran nancy said "we're gonna put a stop to these outrageous fuel prices... elect me i have a plan"........ hm..... diesel goes up to almost 5 bucks since then ..... jus my 2 cents not tryin to start anythin dont take my comments as bein harsh

Old 08-18-2008, 07:33 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Remember, this was a few months before the re-election of our currently elected "terrorist".
Let me guess, you think he is trying to pad his retirement plan don't you? I've noticed for a long time now that people blame presidents for the ills of the country and yet sometimes it was caused by the president or two before them(or more), but it is whoever that is in office gets the blame. Now I'm not saying that the current administration was the best or the worst, but I have seen presidents get credit for things that they didn't start or get rediculed for things they didn't start. Back to fuel though. The price of fuel is more fundamental then that. Behind every bubble there is a layer of fundamental cause, but we had alot of other factors that allowed the rampant speculation upward but there is still fundamentals at work and for some reason most people want to ignore that.

Diesel will never be as cheap as it once was with regard to fuel(cheaper then 87,91, and 93 in that regard). Diesel is the infrastructure fuel of countries(including our own) and if light sweet crude was to truly be a bubble like alot of people think, then China and India and other developing countries also have to be a bubble. China especially as it has been causing a hike in fuel prices since '05 and that's a long time for China to be a bubble.

If you want to think that it is a bubble that's fine, but prepare for it not to be a bubble, that way your not caught with your pants down if it truly isn't a bubble. If it is a bubble, then hey we are better off then before.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:49 AM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We could have had a worse president, I would vote for Bush again if given the option. With that said, I agree with the above posters that the president has little if nothing to do with current gas prices. Look at other country's, especially Europe, we've just been lagging behind in fuel price increases for some time and its still a lot cheaper here than most other places. The only countries with cheaper fuel get government subsidized fuel, which I don't think is a great idea unless the government has money to spare.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:33 AM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by cartmanea
We could have had a worse president....
We did.... his Dad! Sorry man, I am not a Bush fan but I know there are a lot of people who like him. That's why we live in the greatest country!! We can have opinions and vote without having to worry about our Government harming us like in other 3rd world countries. With that said...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:51 AM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by cartmanea
Look at other country's, especially Europe, we've just been lagging behind in fuel price increases for some time and its still a lot cheaper here than most other places....
It's hard to compare gas prices with Europe, they include in their price per Litre fees such as for Healthcare and other Government programs. I can't remember exactly what the breakdown of costs are, maybe someone else on here will know. Imagine if Clinton was President, she wanted everyone to have healthcare. My concern was..... who would pay for it. Ask the Europeans! I can only imagine the price for gas/diesel if she would have implemented that plan!

Old 08-18-2008, 03:28 PM
jomac11
Elder User
Its really sad, but I was excited when I saw that diesel had gotten under $4 a gallon here at home...

Old 08-18-2008, 04:11 PM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by jomac11
Its really sad, but I was excited when I saw that diesel had gotten under $4 a gallon here at home...
Lucky!! We are still $4.15 to $4.49 here.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:34 PM
TremecGT
Senior User
Actually down to $4.05 to $4.49 or so here. Who ho!!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by TremecGT
Actually down to $4.05 to $4.49 or so here. Who ho!!!!
I filled up at a Chevron in Lake Forest, CA yesterday and was surprised it was $4.49. I was expecting way more. About a month and a half ago it was $4.99.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:56 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
im not a fan of bush either , thats why my girlfreind has a bic!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Benchwrench
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fuel coming down 30 cents after going up 3 bucks is a false sense of normalcy.

We go to war because someone has something we want, wither it be prime land, for example; from the indians, labor from africans and chinese , or oil from anyone who won't play ball with the bully on the planet.
It is you and I who suffer for the atrocious "mistakes" =(lies) our leaders make. Saddam wouldn't take dollars only Euros. Iran won't play ball (the way we want).
The list goes on and on,

Oil has gotten to be more than a commodity. It's become a weapon.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
unrulee
Posting Guru
We dropped to 4.01 here today.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:03 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We go to war because someone has something we want, wither it be prime land, for example; from the indians, labor from africans and chinese , or oil from anyone who won't play ball with the bully on the planet.
It is you and I who suffer for the atrocious "mistakes" =(lies) our leaders make. Saddam wouldn't take dollars only Euros. Iran won't play ball (the way we want).
The list goes on and on,
Ah yes, the bitter lesson in human nature. Here is the problem though, people are people everywhere and it won't change not now and not 500 yrs from now because human nature doesn't change. However, don't kid yourself, we are the disney version of bullies compared to others out there.

Oil has gotten to be more than a commodity. It's become a weapon.
Your stopping short. Oil isn't the only thing out there that is a commodity and more. In fact, you can say just about every commodity is that way because just about every commodity that I can think of is needed in some sharp, form or fashion. We will always have "battles" over resources, any student of history could tell you that.

Quick Reply: $1.56 Diesel