Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ts chip

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 03:10 PM
powerstroke02
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ts chip

Just wondering if anyone knows about tony wildmans tunes? Just wondering if there is much difference between daily and economy, and the difference between extreme, sled pull, and smoke? And maybe hp ratings for any just so i have an idea what to get for my reburn? Thanks!

Old 07-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Farmboypowerstroke
Elder User
I have his tunes, and live them, Economy is more for city driving, daily is more for highway, sled pull won't let your truck shift ouit of 2nd, smoke it lots of smoke, extreme may be slower than street race, depending on your HPOP.

Originally Posted by powerstroke02
Just wondering if anyone knows about tony wildmans tunes? Just wondering if there is much difference between daily and economy, and the difference between extreme, sled pull, and smoke? And maybe hp ratings for any just so i have an idea what to get for my reburn? Thanks!

Old 07-19-2008, 09:05 PM
powerstroke02
Senior User
ok i do more highway so i will stick with that. and i have a stock hpop so street would be faster i assume? sled pull i understand but what about the hp, would that be basically the 140 setting only in second gear? Thanks for the help i dont want to waste settings.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:13 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chris, I don't think you can go wrong with either TW, or DP-TUNER, tunes. I have what you see in my sig, but there are peopel here that have TW tunes that are very happy with them. Pick the one you want and go for it.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Farmboypowerstroke
Elder User
Yeah i would say street would be faster, extreme may be a little faster off the line but will die down on top end, where street race won't. The sled pull, i'm not sure, but u think your right

Originally Posted by powerstroke02
ok i do more highway so i will stick with that. and i have a stock hpop so street would be faster i assume? sled pull i understand but what about the hp, would that be basically the 140 setting only in second gear? Thanks for the help i dont want to waste settings.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:35 PM
powerstroke02
Senior User
thanks guys just wanted some opinions

Old 07-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I get back from the sand box, I'll be putting mine on the dyno again. When I dynoed the last time, I had the DP on it and the 120 Race had slightly more power than the 140 setting. Going out on a limb, I'd guess the Tony's tunes will work in quite the same way for the reasons already mentioned. The one thing I notice is that in Extreme, the truck seems to take off like a shot, but slightly less so in Race. But I will tell you that the difference in SoTP dyno is nil. I like the pedal response a bit better, but that's really minor. I'll find out how it compared on the dyno sometime in October. Hope this helps!

Old 07-20-2008, 01:20 PM
powerstroke02
Senior User
alright thanks joe, thats what its like now, it just kind of looses power after 2 gear on 140. but it also seems like my tranny just cant keep up. similar feeling to a constant velosity transmission sometimes. i dont know, it has its days lol