Aerostar Ford Aerostar

antiradar....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
antiradar....

Who ever used active anti radar working in IRD laser band. We use detectors, but druving on Russian hightways it is so unconvinient to change speed. They use laser speed guns and speed cameras. I wanna a thing that makes cop's radars show real nonsens....

Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Bear River
Former ******
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe its legal to use such devices in Russia, but here in the US, such devices are illegal. The FCC (Federal Communication Commission) regulates the various radio wavelengths and many infared wavelengths as well. The onces used by police are included. There is a law that an devices operating within these wavelengths must not interfere with the operation of other devices. This includes radar guns. Also, the radar gns that many cops are using are made to detect if they are being jammed. So the cop will pull you over for using a radar jammer instead of speeding. The penalities for jamming a police radar are much stiffer than for speeding.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
Illegal too. But hidden inside car and actuating with detector for less then 2 seconds they are difficult to detect and to proof.

In 80-90-s when stealth technology appered russians considered sthealth plane to be dead way of designing planes. bad aerodinamics, low bomb load, low speed, high fuel consumption... and stealth was visible by mid. waves radars located on defence stations. So Russian way was to make paint that does not reflect microwaves. This paint was ruther heavy and it is use was limited. Some parts of aircraft were painted only. But not all paint was used... and some guyes tried to paint front end of car but now they have laser radars. They are built in speed cameras. Speed camera has infrared flash to make a picture of your licensie plate. But it is so easy to cover licensie plate with antythermal lac ore to instal a couple of reflectors near LP blinding camera. One way was found.....

It is funny but in the Germany radar detectors are legal. Cops say that cars with antiradars have less chanses to crash. What did germans now? they made transponders built in signs, embankment that with digital signal transmitt info about danger to radar detector! They make immitation of radars too to make drivers to slow down.

As result Germany has no speed limit on hightways and really safe roads....

Old 07-09-2008, 05:01 PM
96_4wdr
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 07-09-2008, 06:03 PM
marty600
Senior User
I am confused...
"But it is so easy to cover licensie plate with antythermal lac ore to instal a couple of reflectors near LP blinding camera."
Can you elaborate... what is antythermal lac?
This would effect what we have here, called photo radar..takes a picture of LP and mails you a bill...seems unconstitutional to me, and 10 years ago it was fought in court, but no longer. Did you guys truly beat the foto system?

Old 07-10-2008, 01:34 AM
xlt4wd90
Lead Driver

Received 86 Likes on 75 Posts
The only counter measure to ladar is to keep your car from reflecting back the laser beam. This may be done by using the dullest paint you can put onto the car, like flat black primer.

I don't believe any paint can fully absorb radar signals. Even the stealth fighter, F117, doesn't try to absorb the radar waves, but it uses its surface structures to deflect the signal so they don't reflect back to the radar receiver. As Pablo says, its aerodynamics is much worse than something like the F22.

I heard of one counter measure for any of those speed trap devices that try to take your picture. You can get a camera flash light that can be triggered by other flashes, and mount it near your license plate, with the trigger enabled, pointing forward and to the side, where those detection devices usually sit. When those cameras try to take a picture of your car, their flashes will trigger your flash, which will completely saturate the camera. You can test this yourself with your own camera. Take a shot with the flash at the remote flash pointed right at the camera; not much will show up on the picture besides the remote flash.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:08 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
you've got me wrong..... lac ore reflectors blinde camera, not speed laser.... and cops can not read licensie plate, they see car, speed, but no licensie plate. From other point they do a picture of driver's face becouse you can tell, I let my friend drive my car and he overspeeded, but you know why I cant tell you his name....
Anyway in Germany there is no hightway speed limit and no reason to controll speed. But in towns and rest areas speed limit is 50 km/h (60 km/h in ex USSR), but in curver ore dangerouse places there are 130 km/h, 90, ore 60 km/h signs...

Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Bear River
Former ******
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even with flat black paint, the ladar has no problem getting a lock. The ladar is most often pointed at reflective parts of the car, such as the headlights, plate, or chrome grills. If none of those things are there, even flat black paint works, it just reduces the ladar range, and take a moment longer to get a lock.

There are no reflectors that blind the camera. Mythbusters tested those products, and found at best they distorted the plate somewhat, but the number was still clearly visible. Here in Utah, the photo systems are banned in all but a few cities.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 AM
96_4wdr
Post Fiend
here in Wa. St. we got it all.
police radar
police Ladar
traffic cam radar and stop light cam. tickets
State Patrol eye in the sky plane patrol of the freeways with road timing marks
traffic cops in Corvette ZO6's, Mustang Hi Pro's, and Dodge Magnum Hemi's with certified pace speedos and dash cams.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
one example... my licensie plate was dirty and I gon not ticket for overspeeding... In Ukraine cops are liberal, but in Russia to have dirty licensie plate is illegal and if cop see dirly LP you ask you to clean now ore if ypu do not want to clean - pay penalty....

Old 07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
xlt4wd90
Lead Driver

Received 86 Likes on 75 Posts
Our city installed a stop light camera near my house a few years ago. On most nights, I can see it light up the skies above it on a pretty regular basis. It's amazing how many people run red lights here.

I don't think those reflectors work very well either. In most states, you are not allowed to put anything in front of the plates, even if they "appear" to be transparent, so those reflector covers are illegal anyway.

But I've seen the active counter measures work quite well to obscure the license plates, as well as faces if you install one on your rear view mirror (pointing out front). You just have to make sure the flash units are not easily visible.

I also heard of a novel design for an active radar jammer that works quite well, but does not give itself away as such.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
Yeah, reflectors are illegal, but no picture - no ticket. From other side, stop cameras are very usefull. In Ua ore Russiadrivers like to drive on yellow. It is dangerouse too, becouse there are many wide crosses and when someone drives on yellow you see green and start. Onse I drow on blinking green, other driver sow that green on my way blinked and desided that I'm too far... he was wrong becouse of tinted windows (illegal too). I hit his car, destroyed engine compartment. Had to change lower controll arm,bumper and headlamp.

Some tipical for ex-Ussr accidents...

Donetsk, Ukraine (100 miles from my home) http://youtube.com/watch?v=nqwTMFpNGa4

Moscow http://youtube.com/watch?v=VONYAYOVozU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7kcxCMjz7IA&feature=related

St. Petersburg http://youtube.com/watch?v=HO8Cat0JGr4&feature=related

so cops reccomend to wait a bit before to drive on green. There are no bells on trafic lights now to make delay before drivers start

Old 07-11-2008, 10:24 AM
marty600
Senior User
Pablo...what is what is antythermal lac?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
this is lac transparent in visible light but black in invisible IR light. Some speed cameras have IR flash ore IR light to do pictures when it is dark outdoors blinding noone. Licensie plate looks black. this lack is called antythermal becouse for example polycarbon cover of workshop covered with this lack lets light go in but not IR radiation making all inside hot.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:41 PM
96_4wdr
Post Fiend
pablo,
that St. Petersburg intersection is real road butchery

we've got the same aggressive road rage drivers here in US.
they speed, cut in too close, jam on brakes in front of trucks, run lights on red
it's like a herd of sheep at many traffic lights here, especially in the high speed intersections with approach speed limits of 40 mph and above.

it's the reason i keep my old Aero. nuts in their $50,000 Yuppie mobile take a look at that big old cheap piece of iron and realize that their cream puff will get creamed. i set at red lights now and wait to make sure it's clear and momma DINK in her Mercedes 500 isn't going to run the light while jawboning on her cell.

even truckers have became dangerous here. they all sped before diesel went to $5 gal. most now won't even move over to allow onramp traffic.

i still move over to allow on ramp traffic on. love to get in the left lane with the Aero at 2 mph over the speed limit on cruise and let 'em honk until their horn burns out.
when i'm towing with the Aero, they all have to pass even if i'm over the speed limit.

Quick Reply: antiradar....