Computer Chips & Tuners  

best fuel milage chip for 6.0 psd

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:17 PM
mackdog
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question best fuel milage chip for 6.0 psd

what is the best chip or tuner to put in a 2005 F 250 with a 6.0 psd. Also I want to know if they cause any damage or void warrantys ect...

Old 06-30-2008, 07:41 PM
5 Star Tuning
Former Vendor
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
SCT X3 is a very good product for your vehicle. Aftermarket products have to be proven to cause damage by a dealer to void warranty. Find a dealer that is mod friendly.
Give us an email for FTE members discounted pricing on SCT products.

www.sctflash.com

Old 07-07-2008, 01:51 PM
bigtorque
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jody Tipton of DP-TUNER has a street tune that gens. 20 MPG. on the highway at 72 mph. (hand calculated) of course. This is combined with an intake and cat back exhaust for the 6.0
--and can be loaded on the SCT.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mackdog
what is the best chip or tuner to put in a 2005 F 250 with a 6.0 psd.
In all honesty, a chip/tuner may not even give you higher mileage. That depends on to many variables and what gives one person 20 mpg doesn't mean that you'll get that with the exact same tune. Other then a couple of higher spikes for one or two tanks, I basically run the average that I get when my truck was stock(I barely remember that day). Don't fool yourself, chips/tuners improve overall performance first(rather that be towing or just driving around town), mileage is a bonus if you get it, but don't think because someone else is getting 20+mpg with a tune that your going to get that same mileage with that same tune.

If you do stick with getting a chip/tuner, then make sure you go custom as those have far better results then going with an "off-the-shelf" tuner. The two that I know of that have very solid reputations(and there are others, but only two that I know thru experiance) is Matt at Spartan Diesel and Eric at Innovative. I would also suggest an aftermarket exhaust to help out, but you don't need to change out the intake on the 6.0 as it has been proven over and over again that the stock airbox is good for 500hp(which I have just barely hit with my mods) and the only way that your going to flow the extra air that those aftermarket intakes is if your high in the rpms(which most aren't going to be). Also a good set of gauges as well to help monitor vitals.

Originally Posted by mackdog
Also I want to know if they cause any damage or void warrantys ect...
Yes, chips/tuners can cause damage and yes they can void your warranty. You might be lucky to find a mod friendly dealership to do most of your work at home, but if you get stuck somewhere else having to get repairs there is no promise that they'll extend the same good favor to you. As far as having to prove that the aftermarket part directly caused the failure or not, that has a yes and no answer. Yes they would in a perfect world have to prove that it was a direct cause of failure, but no they don't have to do it because more then likely you signed an agreement for arbitration as first venue and then court second(most courts will uphold arbitration like this because you signed in voluntarily instead of being forced to go to arbitration, so going to court second is a moot point). Now I don't know any of the local arbitors around here, but I'm sure my dealership knows a few and I'm sure more then likely they are on friendly terms with those arbitors as well, so I don't think the outcome has a good chance of being in my favor.

Just some things to think about.