My processor

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:30 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think its rated at 10 oz. It does look small but after settling soap out I didn't come near filling it. I will take some measurements of the rotor for you as well.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Knotwild
Tuned
Centrifuge

Thanks, don't worry about measuring the rotor. I am getting some really nasty oil from a mexican restaurant and I thought about a cetrifuge to clean it, but it has too much flour and other stuff in it. It would fill that centrifuge in short order. I think my best bet will be to stop getting their oil.

I also had some good luck the other night with a process I read about in the alternative fuels section. I had some oil that titrated about 10, so I put in about 10% of glycerine from previous settling, heated to 120, circulated it about an hour, and let it settle out. It brought out a bunch of crud and lowered the titration to about 8.2. Next time I am going to try 20% and see what happens.

Are you having luck finding oil yet?

Thanks

Old 07-22-2008, 06:43 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by Knotwild
Thanks, don't worry about measuring the rotor. I am getting some really nasty oil from a mexican restaurant and I thought about a cetrifuge to clean it, but it has too much flour and other stuff in it. It would fill that centrifuge in short order. I think my best bet will be to stop getting their oil.

I also had some good luck the other night with a process I read about in the alternative fuels section. I had some oil that titrated about 10, so I put in about 10% of glycerine from previous settling, heated to 120, circulated it about an hour, and let it settle out. It brought out a bunch of crud and lowered the titration to about 8.2. Next time I am going to try 20% and see what happens.

Are you having luck finding oil yet?

Thanks
I have been doing the same Glycerin pretreat on every batch I have made and it works well. The it seems to dry the oil some, lower titration and remove the chunks that the window screen doesn't before it goes in. It also removes much of the methanol from the glycerin so I recover that cost and I have only been using 16% methanol on the main reaction further cutting cost.

I have been getting some luck find oil but I keep getting small sources. I am waiting for that one 30-50 gallons a week source and I will be set.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Knotwild
Tuned
It does take time to get sources. I sent my girlfriend around, she's cute and gets more attention. I also found a friend who got me a Montana's restaurant last week. I am going to put in a 200 gallon tank there. The use enough that they are thinking about buying bulk.

I have also been building bulk drop tanks out of old propane tanks. They work great and you can often find them pretty cheap. In fact i "stold" one from the local dump last weekend.

Good luck, it's fun isn't it?