1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Super Duty Leather Seats in OBS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
TNScrambler
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Duty Leather Seats in OBS

I finally got around to put these in this weekend. The rear is just a matter of positioning it where you want and drilling new holes and bolting it in. I pushed mine as far back as they would go and didn't seem to loose any room over stock in the rear. The front seats I used the factory SD power bases as I had my stock seats sold already and couldn't rob the manual slider bracket....but it turned out to be so easy it worked out great.

The front I sat in there where I thought I wanted them, hooked up the power so i could play with the adjustments and make sure, then marked and drilled my front holes. The driver side didn't need any mods to the brackets at all, I drilled two new holes for the front brackets, in the rear there was a sheet metal body cross member underneath where I wanted to put the holes, so I just cut a piece of angle iron and clearanced it for the movement of the tracks, drilled a hole in it for the original rear mounting stud and used it to retain the rear seat mounts. On the passenger side it was almost as easy but I did have to bend the front left (closest to the trans tunnel) bracket. Drilled the front two holes, did the same angle iron for the rear mount. Used the factory SD plugs and wired into the OBS power lumbar circuit.

The seats work great, I gave myself a little more leg room up front, but there is plenty of forward travel to give rear passengers more leg room if needed....but 95% no one rides behind me. Also I love the fold out rear load deck, I have already used it and it is NICE. The seats are way more comfortable, however they do sit higher, even with the bases lowered all the way.... I'm 6'2" and my wife says i have a long Torso, but I fit just fine. But if your taller or have a longer torso, you may have to do more mods to the seat brackets to lower them. But like I said it was so easy I think it would have taken longer to remove the factory bracket and re-drill the wholes for these seats.

For some reason not all the pics are showing up, so here is the link to them.... F250 crew cab pictures from trucks photos on webshots

Old 08-02-2011, 03:32 PM
BadDogPSD
Laughing Gas
Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
Looks good!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
The floor is typically reinforced where the seats bolt down for more support in case of a wreck. I'd suggest you find a large plate to put behind each nut under the cab so the bolt is in contact with more surface area of the floor pan. That makes it harder for the bolts to rip out of the floor in an accident.

Looks pretty good though. Is the leather on the driver seat cracked up yet? I hate leather, but I have seen some deals on fleabay for practically new seat covers that were taken off during a conversion when the trucks were new that sold for next to nothing. You'll just need some hog rings to swap the covers out.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks great! I've been kinda looking to do the same. Just haven't found the seats yet.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 PM
jchosler
Elder User
very nice, what did it run you?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:11 AM
TNScrambler
Senior User
Originally Posted by jchosler
very nice, what did it run you?
Thanks! I work for a salvage yard, so I did some work related trading.....so I don't really know a specific $ amount, I think if you were to buy them for front seats, console, and rear seat they have been getting around a grand, but I really don't know.... Our Ebay guys typically sell this kinda stuff. I was just able to snag this set first.

Justin

Old 08-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
This is crazy. I was thinking about this last night. haha.
looks cumfy.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:46 AM
TNScrambler
Senior User
Originally Posted by Talyn
This is crazy. I was thinking about this last night. haha.
looks cumfy.
What I think is Crazy, is that I was just talking to a guy from middle TN last night named Caylon (similar but not the same as your name) who is coming this weekend or next to buy another set of leather SD crew cab tan seats I have in the garage

Justin

Old 08-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Super crazy!

We all must be nutcases. haha.

I'll up the weird. I was thinking about Tan seats as well, not for my truck, but I just rode in an SD the other day with tan leather seats. So that was the image in my mind. haha.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Ford4Life7.3
Posting Guru

Sucks that the photos were removed? Any way you can repost them?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:33 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
x2 on that^^^^^^^

Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Ford4Life7.3
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
x2 on that^^^^^^^
Since his were gone, i went ahead and did it a different way. With some buddies helping (doing most of it all lol) due to my knee, we figured out this way. For the front ones, we kind of made my own brackets using flat bar. We made the 1/4" flat bar mount to the stock bolt locations, and then bolted the seats to the flat bar using grade 8 bolts all around. This actually made it so there was NO modifying the rear brackets on the front super duty brackets. On the front-front SD bracket mounts, we put a 1/4 plate under the floor board and then used another small piece of flat bar which i cut to fit under the bracket as a spacer. We'll tackle putting the rear seats in soon.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:45 PM
DarkStarMedia
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford4Life7.3
Since his were gone, i went ahead and did it a different way. With some buddies helping (doing most of it all lol) due to my knee, we figured out this way. For the front ones, we kind of made my own brackets using flat bar. We made the 1/4" flat bar mount to the stock bolt locations, and then bolted the seats to the flat bar using grade 8 bolts all around. This actually made it so there was NO modifying the rear brackets on the front super duty brackets. On the front-front SD bracket mounts, we put a 1/4 plate under the floor board and then used another small piece of flat bar which i cut to fit under the bracket as a spacer. We'll tackle putting the rear seats in soon.
ok.... Where is the "this thread is useless without picts" thing...

richard

Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 AM
FI460
Cargo Master
Imaaaagination!

Old 05-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Originally Posted by TNScrambler
I finally got around to put these in this weekend. The rear is just a matter of positioning it where you want and drilling new holes and bolting it in. I pushed mine as far back as they would go and didn't seem to loose any room over stock in the rear. The front seats I used the factory SD power bases as I had my stock seats sold already and couldn't rob the manual slider bracket....but it turned out to be so easy it worked out great.

The front I sat in there where I thought I wanted them, hooked up the power so i could play with the adjustments and make sure, then marked and drilled my front holes. The driver side didn't need any mods to the brackets at all, I drilled two new holes for the front brackets, in the rear there was a sheet metal body cross member underneath where I wanted to put the holes, so I just cut a piece of angle iron and clearanced it for the movement of the tracks, drilled a hole in it for the original rear mounting stud and used it to retain the rear seat mounts. On the passenger side it was almost as easy but I did have to bend the front left (closest to the trans tunnel) bracket. Drilled the front two holes, did the same angle iron for the rear mount. Used the factory SD plugs and wired into the OBS power lumbar circuit.

The seats work great, I gave myself a little more leg room up front, but there is plenty of forward travel to give rear passengers more leg room if needed....but 95% no one rides behind me. Also I love the fold out rear load deck, I have already used it and it is NICE. The seats are way more comfortable, however they do sit higher, even with the bases lowered all the way.... I'm 6'2" and my wife says i have a long Torso, but I fit just fine. But if your taller or have a longer torso, you may have to do more mods to the seat brackets to lower them. But like I said it was so easy I think it would have taken longer to remove the factory bracket and re-drill the wholes for these seats.

For some reason not all the pics are showing up, so here is the link to them.... F250 crew cab pictures from trucks photos on webshots

Why does this take me to the "smile by webshots" page and i cant view pictures. the other links just open a slideshow with a loading bar...

Edit: just noticed everyone is having viewing problems. lol

Hangin with my buddy jack tonight. So im movin slow.

Quick Reply: Super Duty Leather Seats in OBS