1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

A few more repairs....

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:32 PM
yukonsly
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few more repairs....

I had my truck at the shop. A few things are gonna need replacement....

tie rod ends....upper and lower drag links.....Glow plug....glow plug relay(ordered the stancor one)....Alternator...and my front fenders are pretty rusted.....all and all not too bad....bringing the total repairs for 2.5 years to.....almost 15k$ (includes add-ons.....)

Keep on truckin!

Yukonsly

Old 05-30-2008, 05:46 PM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
I was going to comment on how expensive your truck has been, and i looked at the sig...
Well, hopefully that shop trip will breath some new life in the 13 yr. old beast!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Todd525
Posting Guru
15 k canadian, what is that US wise? Sure does sound like a lot to me......but I am not a worldly person. LOL

Old 05-31-2008, 01:06 AM
yukonsly
Senior User
Let's jsut say that $ wise it's about par now.....when I first got the truck I dumped allot of money on drivetrain parts that....huhm.....well.....were beat the crap....front and rear diffs were done....and everything that they touch ahahah....a few engine problems....radiator...etc....it adds up fast......I would say that about 5-6k is in "other stuff"....wheels and rims were almost 2k...stereo stuff....was like 1500$....as you can see....this is not just a truck....lit's an investment at this point HAHAHAHA......next will be a tranny I'm sure

Yukonsly

Old 05-31-2008, 01:28 AM
sticks25
Senior User
i have you beat.. i spent 2k on rebuilding my front end just tuesday. everything from steering box to ball joints. put new glow plugs in yesterday and found out my turbo is toast so i ordered a D66, and my tranny is toast. its getting me from A to B but its shifting at high rpms and overheating after about 10 miles of city driving. my build date at BTS isnt until july. 207k miles on her now, any guesses whats going to go next? haha sounds like im going to be keeping this pick up for a while!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:44 AM
yukonsly
Senior User
Well......just found out I will be moving to a big city...and need to get rid of my truck and camper....at least the next owner will be getting a...NEW...truck. I would keep it....but I suspect that it WON'T come in handy for city driving. Sad...but I will get into diesels again...once I am settled in.

Yukonsly

Old 06-15-2008, 12:48 AM
yukonsly
Senior User
I can't do it....NOT SELLING IT.....NO WAY!.....decided I am gonna keep it. I will find a way to use my BIG RED in the city.....dunno how...but I will

Yukonsly

Old 06-15-2008, 02:22 AM
kawa
Postmaster
That's prolly a good decision after two (2) weeks of thinking about it. Glad your going to keep it. You are so right that it is indeed an investment and the only way to get dividends in todays market is to keep it and drive it. mho

You would more than likely take a beating on sell it now And holy crap it is a "New" 13 year old truck and you know what she's made of.

Good luck with the move.

Rog

Old 06-15-2008, 06:45 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yukonsly
I can't do it....NOT SELLING IT.....NO WAY!.....decided I am gonna keep it. I will find a way to use my BIG RED in the city.....dunno how...but I will

Yukonsly
atta boy! Them city folk just need to make room for big ole trucks!

Old 06-15-2008, 09:33 AM
jimwilsonmasonry
Elder User
yep im a city boy i live in indianapolis and right in the ghetto so the roads are tight and people cant drive very good but i always bullmoose my way through traffic

Old 06-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good call yukon, I kinda like driving in the city...all those little gas-misers get outta the way when they see it coming. Parking may be a PITA but it's a small price to pay for the view I get riding high in the seat . Besides, I need the exercise parking far away from the door LOL

I agree with kawa, you would take a beating selling it now. Most people don't know what our 8000 lbs rigs are capable of doing. Good mileage and will pull just about anything.