1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

1996 power stroke power problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 08:50 PM
RMPC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See how ya like this one...only cost me $145.00 materials and 10 hours of fab time with torch and wire feeder... just installed a couple days ago.... I haven't taken the installed pic yet, was just gettin ready to paint it here...built out of 8 inch structural channel, 1 inch heavy wall tubing and 1 1/2 x 2 inch heavy wall tubing...and will take a bigger hit than a ranch hand...

Old 12-25-2008, 08:39 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RMPC
I'd definately go for checking the MAP Sensor.... no boost pressure read by the ECM... NO FUEL to the sticks... can be bad on the upper end also... too much boost ( which aint likely with a stock turbo) will cause the ECM to cut the fuel back. TJ... now he lies to the ECM... probably has that regulator set to never let the MAP sensor see more than probably 15 psi of boost... thereby letting the ECM " THINK" that more fuel is a GREAT thing to allow.... I'm curious how he did that though... drop it in drive , stand on the brakes and trick someone to turn the regulator **** to no more than 15 psi or so? How would you do that on a manual?.... I can see me taking the hood off mine and getting / tricking my wife into riding on the engine while I cobbed on it going up the canyon road to build boost so she could twist the lil **** Ha Ha
My regulator is set at around 21 PSI. I set it with shop air before I installed it and fine tuned it later with my Aeroforce scanguage which gets it boost reading from the PCM. The PCM never sees more than 21 psi even though I make 30 psi. Not all OBS trucks need a regulator.