Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Sorry to keep asking

Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 PM
bigjake0524
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to keep asking

Just wondering if you think that an ATS compressor housing and a 1.0 exhaust housing will be enough to run stage 2 injectors? Thanks am just trying to figure it out want to do something pretty soon..

Old 05-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No, stage II's are too much for a stock turbo, even if you modify the housings. You'll hit 35+ psi of boost, which will eventually kill that turbo. You can get by with it for a while provided you don't hammer down on it, but it's hard to resist that new found power.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:49 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigjake0524
Just wondering if you think that an ATS compressor housing and a 1.0 exhaust housing will be enough to run stage 2 injectors? Thanks am just trying to figure it out want to do something pretty soon..

Jake, I was thinking the same thing. I didn't think it would be that easy/cheap, so I need to start looking at the turbos next.

Thanks for the info Curtis, and I understand what you are saying about the 35# boost.

Curtis, with stage 1 single shots, would that combination work?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Curtis, with stage 1 single shots, would that combination work?
There's a guy up here that's been running that combo for a while now. The stock turbo hates life, but it's still holding together....... barely. He's been wanting to upgrade the turbo, but I'm not sure when he's going to do it.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:49 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Originally Posted by Pocket
There's a guy up here that's been running that combo for a while now. The stock turbo hates life, but it's still holding together....... barely. He's been wanting to upgrade the turbo, but I'm not sure when he's going to do it.
Thanks Pocket. With another turbo, would there be a big difference between the stage 1 and stage 2. And which ones would you recommend.

Sorry for all the questions Pocket, I will do more serching on this, but is nice to hear this from someone that knows.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Rich-WhiteBuffalo is running Stage 2 SingleShots (I was going to look up the exact ones, but apparently Swamp's site is down) with no problems with the van turbo. I'm about to go this route myself, and see what happens...

Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Thanks Pocket. With another turbo, would there be a big difference between the stage 1 and stage 2. And which ones would you recommend.
Injectors will be up to you, and also your rods. Do you have PMR's or forged? Of course, you can always buy bigger injectors and de-tune them if you have PMR's. Hybrids work well for that too since they have smaller nozzles and can be de-tuned while at the same time controlling smoke (and they can make some good power too). As for the turbo, if you decide to upgrade the GTP38R and the Turbonetics BB are both going to work, plus they just drop right in. Or if you want, you can go with an H2E. Lots of choices

Rich-WhiteBuffalo is running Stage 2 SingleShots (I was going to look up the exact ones, but apparently Swamp's site is down) with no problems with the van turbo. I'm about to go this route myself, and see what happens...
Van turbo works good, and it's a cheaper alternative to the other units.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:04 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Thanks guys, I do have forged rods. I did the peep hole look, so I am sure what I have. I will keep looking and reading. I wish there was a perfect setup for our trucks, with part #s and all the info one would need to know. lol

Wishfull thinking, I know.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:37 AM
bigjake0524
Senior User
so do you think the best is stage 2's and the H2E because that is kind of what I was considering. I will be right on the edge with the PMR's but I will just have to see how long they last... Thank you for all of your help.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:56 AM
bigjake0524
Senior User
If I did go with the H2E how much do you think I could get out of my old turbo set up? and i would also have the bellowed up pipes to sell that I haven't installed yet!

Search this Thread