Bio Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:13 AM
crosbo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, same here in San Antonio with the local Bio guy continually raising his prices. The price was $2.50/gal a year ago, and last purchase was $3.50/gal...even though the feedstock is almost always waste oil.

His prices are always less than regular diesel, but when I factor in the number of times I've made the 25 mile trip only to find no fuel was available, or to have them not open up after I was told to show up at a certain time...50 mile wasted round trip. Done this more than once. Then more recently, clogged filters...and so much glycerine settling out in my store tanks that I started having to re-filter and let the glycerine settle out myself before I could it. So much hassle that in the last 4 weeks I haven't even bothered to call about availability.

Although, with dino prices taking some huge jumps in the last week to $4.49, maybe I better.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:02 AM
travisg96
Junior User
I guess I am fortunate. Sequentuial just opened up a retail station about 5 miles from home. So I don't have to worry about availability or the quality of the fuel. the only thing that bothers me is that they claim they are using mainly WVO their prices are higher than dino for B99 and just about even for B20.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:49 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by crosbo
Yep, same here in San Antonio with the local Bio guy continually raising his prices. The price was $2.50/gal a year ago, and last purchase was $3.50/gal...even though the feedstock is almost always waste oil.

His prices are always less than regular diesel, but when I factor in the number of times I've made the 25 mile trip only to find no fuel was available, or to have them not open up after I was told to show up at a certain time...50 mile wasted round trip. Done this more than once. Then more recently, clogged filters...and so much glycerine settling out in my store tanks that I started having to re-filter and let the glycerine settle out myself before I could it. So much hassle that in the last 4 weeks I haven't even bothered to call about availability.

Although, with dino prices taking some huge jumps in the last week to $4.49, maybe I better.
If your getting glycerol in your fuel STOP USING IT! Full conversion WASHED biodiesel should never have glycerol in it! Your supplier is selling "raw" biodiesel, and it is not good for your engine..............People who sell "raw" biodiesel are what give biodiesel a bad name and make it harder to convince people of the real benefits of QUALITY Biodiesel.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:54 AM
TXHillCountry
Elder User
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
If your getting glycerol in your fuel STOP USING IT! Full conversion WASHED biodiesel should never have glycerol in it! Your supplier is selling "raw" biodiesel, and it is not good for your engine..............People who sell "raw" biodiesel are what give biodiesel a bad name and make it harder to convince people of the real benefits of QUALITY Biodiesel.
I thought that if you were selling bio, you had to meet ASTM quality standards? I'd find it hard to believe that the fuel that guy's selling in SA would ever meet ASTM standards if there is truly glycerol content in the fuel he's selling.

TX

Old 05-26-2008, 01:15 PM
hselin
Freshman User
Hello
a was checking with southern california biodiesel users group ,membership are $ 200 and the you have to prebuy 100 gallon of fuel for $4,55 per gallon as of 05/10/08 when dino diesel was below $4.00

Old 05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
crosbo
Senior User
I'll try to take some pictures of the gunk in the bottom of a plastic bottle or the bottom of a bucket that I have used to allow the mess to settle out, before finishing off the final 45 or so gallons I had purchased.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:43 PM
jimmyburg
Junior User
DFW Biodiesel

here is what im paying.