2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has best Edge Evo deal right now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:40 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bowhunt24
WOW!!! What happened to just buying toys for your rig because its fun? Who cares about value and the economy, doesn't anyone else just feel good when you get a new gadget for your ride? I do!!!!!
Ahhh...but most of the guys who post on here about their exhaust, cai, or programmers all speak of the wonderful mileage increases they have reaped from spending the money on these gadgets. I was merely pointing out that the gains don't make any sense financially. If people want to talk about their gadgets, I don't have a problem with it. I bought a rhino liner, got my windows tinted, a toolbox, and threw a Flowmaster 50 SUV on mine. I didn't put the Flowmaster on and claim better mileage, or more horsies though. I claim only a better sound than the stock muffler. If I wanted power, I'd get a blower. that would be "bang for the buck".

Old 03-22-2008, 06:43 PM
bowhunt24
Senior User
Originally Posted by F0rdzTuff
Ahhh...but most of the guys who post on here about their exhaust, cai, or programmers all speak of the wonderful mileage increases they have incurred from spending the money on these gadgets. I was merely pointing out that the gains don't make any sense financially. If people want to talk about their gadgets, I don't have a problem with it. I bought a rhino liner, got my windows tinted, a toolbox, and threw a Flowmaster 50 SUV on mine. I didn't put the Flowmaster on and claim better mileage, or more horsies though. I claim only a better sound than the stock muffler. If I wanted power, I'd get a blower. that would be "bang for the buck".
Meh...honestly...I just wanted to make a comment where I could use the cool headbanger icon....hehe

Old 03-22-2008, 07:06 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Originally Posted by bowhunt24
Meh...honestly...I just wanted to make a comment where I could use the cool headbanger icon....hehe
Ahhhh........

Old 03-22-2008, 07:54 PM
johngfla
Freshman User
I bought mine from Autoanything ( 5.4 gas FX 4 2008 F150). I paid $399 for it, they say that the manufacture sets a munimum price that they can only sell it at. Since I called on the phone, the sales person through in overnight shipping as a freebe to compensate not discounting the price any more than what the other compaines sell them for.

Its a great fit, the casing for the programer came the color of my dash, the programer is easy to work with. Unfortunately, I have not seen any mileage increase, but do notice a difference in the engine performance and also transmission shifting.

One of the best features is the part of the Edge Evolution is that it is used to monitor the trucks performance with many optional settings. Its better that the superchips unit I had in my diesel truck.

Good luck with it.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:57 PM
silver lariat
Senior User
If you want to waste your money, I couldn't care less. I don't need to hear your C**P either because you don't like something I say or type. That's hypocritical.
First, I've never considered spending money to gain a little pleasure in life as a waste. As for being hypocritical...

Actually it's not. Being hypocritical is to pretend to have and hold to values that you do not practice. Now if I had written that I shared your opinion and THEN went out and bought a CAI, an Edge and dual exhaust - THAT would be being hypocritical!

Old 03-22-2008, 08:32 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Wink

Originally Posted by silver lariat
First, I've never considered spending money to gain a little pleasure in life as a waste. As for being hypocritical...

Actually it's not. Being hypocritical is to pretend to have and hold to values that you do not practice. Now if I had written that I shared your opinion and THEN went out and bought a CAI, an Edge and dual exhaust - THAT would be being hypocritical!

For you to say that you don't want to hear my C**P, yet at the same time responding to my post and wanting me to read your C**P is hypocritical. It's a "do as I say, but not as I do" way of thinking.

The phrase "Pot calling the kettle black" is an idiom, used to accuse another speaker of hypocrisy, in that the speaker disparages the subject in a way that could equally be applied to him or her. In former times cast iron pots and kettles were quickly blackened from the soot of the fire. If personified into animate objects, the pot would then be hypocritical to insult the kettle's color.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:36 PM
silver lariat
Senior User
For you to say that you don't want to hear my C**P, yet at the same time responding to my post and wanting me to read your C**P is hypocritical. It's a "do as I say, but not as I do" way of thinking.
In fact I was not responding to your post but to bememe's concern about buying a used Edge. And in fact, your original post was not even relevant to this thread. Nowhere in this thread has anyone inquired about or claimed any mileage increase or other amazing values from the Edge. Yes, those claims have been made elsewhere but Bememe asked about where to buy one at the best deal and expressed concern about buying a used one. That's what I replied to.

My comment about your C**P was simply to advise you I'd read your opinion and did not agree with it. That may be disagreeable but not hypocritical.

Your own hypocracy comes shining thru when you list all the mods you did to your truck and yet dis a guy for wanting to make one to his. Calling a black pot black is not hypocritical.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:23 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by silver lariat
In fact I was not responding to your post but to bememe's concern about buying a used Edge. And in fact, your original post was not even relevant to this thread. Nowhere in this thread has anyone inquired about or claimed any mileage increase or other amazing values from the Edge. Yes, those claims have been made elsewhere but Bememe asked about where to buy one at the best deal and expressed concern about buying a used one. That's what I replied to.

My comment about your C**P was simply to advise you I'd read your opinion and did not agree with it. That may be disagreeable but not hypocritical.

Your own hypocracy comes shining thru when you list all the mods you did to your truck and yet dis a guy for wanting to make one to his. Calling a black pot black is not hypocritical.
Buying used? I guess I got lucky - I bought my Edge from a classified here and paid $300. Came in original box, with buyer's receipt and in like new condition. Earlier bought a used Volant CAI for $200 from a FTE classified and it was in great shape too. And yes, I spent $350 for a cat-back dual exhaust and I don't need to hear a lot of C**P about paying for it. The truck performs much better and is much more fun to drive. There's plenty of value in that for me!

Yes, you WERE replying to me. I don't really care either as I'm done replying to you. Even the dictionary which quotes that the idiom you used is hypocritical isn't good enough for you. Sorry Webster, you are wrong.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Shoveldog
Freshman User
Hypertech

I saw on the tube this am where Hypertech now has one of these gadgets for gas powered trucks. Touting mileage improvements, they listed the price @ $329.00 from Jegs and others.

Anybody tried this one?

Mike
2006 F150
1997 Ranger
1086 E350
1963 F100

Old 03-23-2008, 09:19 AM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shoveldog
I saw on the tube this am where Hypertech now has one of these gadgets for gas powered trucks. Touting mileage improvements, they listed the price @ $329.00 from Jegs and others.

Anybody tried this one?
Stay away from Hypertech products... they only tune for high rpm/max HP.... exactly where our trucks run

Old 03-23-2008, 09:21 AM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...And for the two posters in this thread going tit for tat..... cut it. Consider this the one warning.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:22 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Originally Posted by WheelMA1
Stay away from Hypertech products... they only tune for high rpm/max HP.... exactly where our trucks run
I've noticed that when at WOT...Not a whole bunch of RPM's left to add.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
ToughBuiltFord
FTE Sponsor