Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Stock Frame Drivability?

Old 03-04-2008, 11:12 PM
TheSovereign53
Senior User
TheSovereign53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by eman92082
1) Mom and I love you no matter what - forever
2) Don't do stupid Sh**
That sums up parenthood. You're a good man.

AX- Your course sounded like a lot of fun. At the last AX event I went to, a strictly Porsche one, some kid in his (dad's) brand new 911 turbo spun it round, and here's the best part.

He hit a porto-let and covered his WHITE 911 in poopy! Thrashed up the front tire, so he couldn't just drive away and hide his shame.

I like the hydraulic outriggers, sounds fun.

I'll definitely try to find an involved course in the San Diego area. Again, anyone who lives down here, please share if you've been to a good course!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:28 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
I have three sons, all interested in cars. Two of them started out with my old 78 F-150 SuperCab LWB w/460. A very tricky truck when there is limited traction, but 5400 lbs of steel and a good view of the road. After they got their own cars, we'd all go to the Friday night run-what-ya-brung drags with our cars. Not 12-second vehicles, but it got the urge out of their systems (I think) and an appreciation for the power of their cars. Despite my best efforts, one of them went dragging at an old airport at night and rolled his car. Same kid, a year later had an accident from followiing too closely and jacking around. Six months driving my very un-cool Saturn while that car was being fixed seems to have made an impression, especially since the repairs also emptied his wallet. Point is, it seems like some kids get it, others don't, no matter what you do or what they're driving.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
TheSovereign53
Senior User
TheSovereign53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The old Saturn treatment always works. Are your children all unharmed after the incidents?

Here's something surprising. On the CA Registration card, the truck is clocked at 3280 pounds.

Does that seem lacking?

Old 03-05-2008, 06:55 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold
nope i took a load of s-crap to the yunkterd and when i came back to the scale with me and the son in law in it she weighed i beleive 4100 . im 240 hes 25sum so do the math sounds about right . what discrepancy there is could be attributed to my lil flatty being heavier than your 302 .

Old 03-05-2008, 10:32 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by TheSovereign53
The old Saturn treatment always works. Are your children all unharmed after the incidents?
So far... but the oldest just put an LS1 in a Porsche 951, the one with a bad history is still driving a 94 Mustang GT. The youngest is a totally different kid and has a Saturn Ion now... There's a lot to be said for the Saturn S-series cars for young drivers, DOHC 4-bangers that are a lot of fun, they're cheap and easy to fix, close to 30 mpg, and American-made. Plastic bodywork so if there is a minor accident, you can slap on a new fender in about an hour. I got hit in it head-on by a Corolla and the Corolla lost.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:16 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
I was hit at 45 mph from behind with a import and I had dual exhaust tips out the back which extended 3 '' from rear. When impact happened,the import went under my rear and hit the two exhaust tips and bent my exhaust real bad. I had NO DAMAGE--other than rplacing a couple exhaust pipes......The import was totaled and the boy was hospitalized.......my dog smashed against the windshield and was stunned and I was hanging on the wheel,and lap belted,and no harm.......I was on my way to hot-rod nationals,and after a pit-stop at home to fix my exhaust---made it to the show.
The imports front end was angled to impact under my olddie........SCARY!!!!.....Bill