6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Question For You Regen Deleters

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 02:42 PM
O43x
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by barry1me
your truck doesnt have a DPF or will not go into a regen...only 08+ diesels.
I know that, I wasn't sure what it was....That's OK, it's not important.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Chauncey
Senior User
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech
First off, as SaharaF350 said, the fuel savings offset any warranty risk for people who put a lot of mileage on their trucks. Over a couple years time it can more than pay for an engine, even out of pocket.

Secondly, proper tuning isn't detectable. Not trying to be a smartass or come across as arrogant, but we have spent hundreds of hours making sure that the service departments, field service engineers, and other personnel cannot determine the flash was ever present. Freeze frame, max values, flash logging, and ALL other "guilty" parameters are cleared and some values such as Time and Mileage since DTC's Cleared, Self Adaptive Data, and other parameters are emulated and falsified to ensure nothing suspicious appears. Once again, not trying to be hot-headed- but I don't care what anybody's opinions or "facts" on the matters are--- proper tuning for the 6.4 is not detectable

Ok Matt, if this is true, (and I have no reason to doubt you), I guess we should all do this. I wasn't trying to be argumentaive but this is the first I've heard that "proper tuning" of the 6.4 is undetectable. I did read a while ago you were working on something but apparently missed the "we got it post"! Or mis-understood what was going on. Sorry! Most of the comments seem lead us in the other direction. I also would like better milage but don't want to loose my warranty.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:09 PM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
First off, as SaharaF350 said, the fuel savings offset any warranty risk for people who put a lot of mileage on their trucks. Over a couple years time it can more than pay for an engine, even out of pocket.

Secondly, proper tuning isn't detectable. Not trying to be a smartass or come across as arrogant, but we have spent hundreds of hours making sure that the service departments, field service engineers, and other personnel cannot determine the flash was ever present. Freeze frame, max values, flash logging, and ALL other "guilty" parameters are cleared and some values such as Time and Mileage since DTC's Cleared, Self Adaptive Data, and other parameters are emulated and falsified to ensure nothing suspicious appears. Once again, not trying to be hot-headed- but I don't care what anybody's opinions or "facts" on the matters are--- proper tuning for the 6.4 is not detectable
Just curious, what do you mean by proper tuning? Are you talking about your custom tunes or all quality programmers such as SCT, superchips, ECT?

Old 02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
kimminau2
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SouthTexasDiesel
Just curious, what do you mean by proper tuning? Are you talking about your custom tunes or all quality programmers such as SCT, superchips, ECT?
Good question! I bought my SCT from Matt, but since SCT has not allowed them to do custom tunes yet, I only have the stock tunes. So yes I would like to know the answer to this.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 AM
brandon4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 282 Likes on 131 Posts
Silver surfer my tuner was 375, dpf delete tune 200 and the pipe was about 250 fora total of 825. I heard that kemperformance wasn't doing any more until their tuner is out.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 AM
Larry NCKS
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bowstring
What is this regen mode thats talked about?
'08 6.4s have a DPF (diesel particulate filter). It removes most of the carbon, etc. from the exhaust. Periodically it needs to be cleaned, purged (regenerated) to remove this soot buildup. This is accomplished by injecting diesel fuel and superheating the DPF, much like a self cleaning oven, to burn the soot up.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:35 AM
silversurfer08
New User
BRANDON,

so im assuming you got it from kemperformance? what brand tuner was it?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gopedoligist
has anyone in CA deleted theres yet?? any issues with the law??
I am pretty sure that any modifcation of a emission control I.E. Cat, is about a $10,000 fine her in Kalifornia if caught. My dealer told me I can do a cat back but do not touch the cat or the downpipe as it would void warranty and could cause a fine from the EPA.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
boulderbronco
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wb6anp
I am pretty sure that any modifcation of a emission control I.E. Cat, is about a $10,000 fine her in Kalifornia if caught. My dealer told me I can do a cat back but do not touch the cat or the downpipe as it would void warranty and could cause a fine from the EPA.
You are absolutly right. I'm sure it's like that throughout the country. I have been reading alot of these posts about the DPF delete and tuners and was wondering why knowone seemed to concerned with the illegality of it. I am suprised that knowone has mentioned the fines until now. But at the same time when will the EPA ever be under our trucks.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
California is talking about starting emissions (particulate) testing on new diesels, mine would be exempt as of the talk right now just the one with the dpf's and on. They are also pushing to out cat on piston aircraft, I would like to see a technician try to do a smog test with a spinning prop right near the exhaust. OUCH.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
randomhero1172
Posting Guru
Im here in the state that looks like a giant mitten, ya kno...Michigan! Never once been dipped or emission tested. Michigan doesnt do stuff like that..yet...

Old 02-27-2008, 07:51 AM
barry1me
Senior User
Originally Posted by boulderbronco
You are absolutly right. I'm sure it's like that throughout the country. I have been reading alot of these posts about the DPF delete and tuners and was wondering why knowone seemed to concerned with the illegality of it. I am suprised that knowone has mentioned the fines until now. But at the same time when will the EPA ever be under our trucks.
There is no more of a fine or penalty then removing the catalytic converters off from a gasoline engine.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:00 PM
vze2372e
Senior User
Want a reason to DPF delete? how about getting 7mpg during regen every 500 or so miles for a half hour and watching gobs of white smoke blowing out your tailpipe for a mile or two when the DPF is cold.

Always nice looking at guys in Tudra looking at my 50k truck and wondering why it's *broken*

Love it - just dont understand the environmental saving from spewing raw fuel out my tailpipe

OK done venting LOL - I love the truck however, my favorite

Old 02-29-2008, 04:18 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts

Baller!!!