Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

new to me 08 6.4 regen cycle life and dpf delete

Notices
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 PM
pimpedrsrage
Junior User
pimpedrsrage is starting off with a positive reputation.

bought an 08 6.4 with 169k.
want to know how often this truck should go into regen? i snowplow with it and seems like it regens every tankful of fuel. i was told that it wasnt suppose to regen that much.

also looking into a complete dpf/egr delete but without adding any power.
i am not lookin into increasing hp or mpg just dont want that dpf on there especially since we mainly will be using it for snow plowing. the regen absolutely hates that since we dont ever get upto speed to complete the cycle.

also the cruise control does not work, hasnt worked since i bought it, but dealer told me it was the cruise control wiring harness that was bad...anyone had this problem with the harness not working properly?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:18 AM
galaxie641
Postmaster
galaxie641 has a very good reputation on FTE.galaxie641 has a very good reputation on FTE.galaxie641 has a very good reputation on FTE.galaxie641 has a very good reputation on FTE.
If it is only in regen once every tank full you are one lucky person, 2-4 times is more normal.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Regens will depend upon a lot of things. This low speed type operation will produce more soot.

DPF R made by gearbox Z might be your ticket.

I average around 300-400 between unloaded regens and around 130 pulling heavy.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:19 PM
deerslayer64d
Junior User
deerslayer64d is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 08. 6.4 has only gone into regan mode one time that I'm aware of in about 2200 miles ?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:56 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by deerslayer64d View Post
My 08. 6.4 has only gone into regan mode one time that I'm aware of in about 2200 miles ?
It has done more..there is a fail safe backstop of 630 miles Approx built into the system.

Good news is it is working as designed. It should be pretty seamless behind the scenes.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM
pimpedrsrage
Junior User
the problem is when it starts the regen, it never really completes teh cycle so it will try to regen the whole time we r plowing with the truck. the mileage plowing vs the other trucks in my sig is noticeably less, and i assumed that since its trying to regen that its just wasting fuel on a process it cannot complete.

with the dpf gearbox i searched the website and they have kits from like $400-1000. what exactly do i need? like i said no hp increase just get that dpf outta there and what about that DOC delete? not sure what that is

Old 03-10-2013, 04:54 PM
senix
Tuner, Delete pipe and something to monitor your temps.

Scanguage II is quick and easy.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 PM
StanleyZ
Postmaster
StanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to behold
Or you can get a tuner that also has the gages built in. Delete tuners are getting a bit pricey as the EPA has shut down two companys, Edge and H&S are both out of the Delete tuners business. Easiest way to get an idea of prices is ebay. just go to ebay motors/parts and accessories, put in the truck info and DPF delete. You will get a lot of kits that include the pipe and the tuner. If you want to try used just check the craigs list around the country. I listed my edge in Fort Myers Fl and a guy fro pittsburg bought it. Doing the delete will make the truck run much better, that's a fact. Good luck.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Dorito
Senior User
Dorito is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine regens about every 1000 miles (unloaded) I have a Gearbox Z +40HP in route to my house as we speak. From what I can tell its simple and effective.

I also got my delete pipe from a local muffler shop, I called them and told them I need a pipe to replace the CAT and DPF. It cost me $100, of course they will not install it.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:40 PM
pimpedrsrage
Junior User
I run edge cs monitors in all my trucks. Will that work with the gearbox?

Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Dorito
Senior User
Originally Posted by pimpedrsrage View Post
I run edge cs monitors in all my trucks. Will that work with the gearbox?
It will work with the DPF delete, but not the DPF+. At least thats how I read it on their website.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:13 PM
pimpedrsrage
Junior User
Is the dpf+ a hp adder? Cuz I don't want to add any ho

Old 03-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Dorito
Senior User
Originally Posted by pimpedrsrage View Post
Is the dpf+ a hp adder? Cuz I don't want to add any ho

They have two versions, one is just a EGR/DPF/CAT delete. And one is the same things plus a 70 HP bunp.

click here Gear Box Z