6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Factory 6.4 With No Dpf,cat Or Regen OEM

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:58 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory 6.4 With No Dpf,cat Or Regen

I was at my dealer a few days ago and saw three 08 cab and chassis 350's. I was checking them out and noticed they had no DPF OR CAT'S, so i asked my tech adviser what was up with that. He said the trucks can be ordered without the emission equpiment like the DPF and CAT if there used offroad in applications like the railroad or mining operations offroad. The trucks are not carb certified so you could never register them but this leads me to believe that there is a factory tune out there that would delete the regen. If you were to run this factory tune would they still void your warranty. Just thought it was intresting and wanted to know what yall think.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:08 PM
yamaguy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that as long as the DPF is there that it has to regen or it will plug completely and start to hurt performance and economy.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:20 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by yamaguy
I think that as long as the DPF is there that it has to regen or it will plug completely and start to hurt performance and economy.
I agree, but if you remove the dpf and the cat you would'nt have that problem.

Not saying this would happen, but if you told the dealer you wanted to use the truck offroad, would they allow you to remove the dpf and cat and reprogram the pcm to kill the regen. Of course you would have to pay for the reprogram but i wonder if its possible. This might be an avenue to change your truck and kill the regen without the loss of your powertrain warranty. Just a thought.

Last edited by SANDDEMON08; 08-25-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:46 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

The intresting part of this is that the exhaust system on the trucks i saw looked factory, so there has to be factory parts that replace the DPF and CAT. The tune is factory, so you havent installed any aftermarket parts if you use the factory DPF and Cat delete pipes and the factory tune.

I dont know how factual the information i got from you tech is but if it is true the only problem here is getting a dealship to bless the changes for (OFFROAD USE), mabey this is not possible but the idea is intresting none the less.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:05 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by SANDDEMON08
I dont know how factual the information i got from you tech is but if it is true the only problem here is getting a dealship to bless the changes for (OFFROAD USE), mabey this is not possible but the idea is intresting none the less.
Just a question, but how would you be able to register the SuperDuty? How you going to blow smoke up the MVD?...even if the dealer was dumb enough to believe you?

Dreams...dreams...dreams...

biz

Old 08-26-2007, 07:54 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
I was at my dealer a few days ago and saw three 08 cab and chassis 350's. I was checking them out and noticed they had no DPF OR CAT'S, so i asked my tech adviser what was up with that. He said the trucks can be ordered without the emission equpiment like the DPF and CAT if there used offroad in applications like the railroad or mining operations offroad. The trucks are not carb certified so you could never register them but this leads me to believe that there is a factory tune out there that would delete the regen. If you were to run this factory tune would they still void your warranty. Just thought it was intresting and wanted to know what yall think.

Your mention of "mining operations offroad." reminded me that it is possible to buy Dodge 5.9 Cummins diesel trucks for "underground mining operations", their "factory tune"; 175 horsepower, 317 lb.ft. torque @ 1,000 rpm, 25 mph maximum vehicle speed(option to increase that to 40 mph)

Old 08-26-2007, 08:54 AM
No1Hookman
Senior User
Any chance of getting some part numbers off the pipes on those trucks??. It can be done, it's referred to in the '08 owner's manual.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:03 AM
begger
Junior User
Hey! If a seventeen year old kid can unlock an iPhone, somebody can figure out how to do this!

Old 08-26-2007, 10:10 AM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=biz4two]Just a question, but how would you be able to register the SuperDuty? How you going to blow smoke up the MVD?...even if the dealer was dumb enough to believe you? "

Simple
Buy the truck and register truck as-is , You add parts after like anything else
Snow plow , Dump bed , Lift kits ,oversize tires , Dark tinted windows ect..
The diesel requires no smog check anyways (in C.a) al least. Many , Many aftermarket mods are done to new cars trucks, Motorcycles by dealer after sale and state DMV or "FED's" are not involved.If dealer want to do it , Its no problem.

Examples: Dark titnted windows , applied by dealer and sold on new car, The tinted windows are not legal period , Buy a new Harley they change pipes ,Not Legal ect... you get the idea

Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 AM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

[QUOTE=supeRobertduty]
Originally Posted by biz4two
Just a question, but how would you be able to register the SuperDuty? How you going to blow smoke up the MVD?...even if the dealer was dumb enough to believe you? "

Simple
The diesel requires no smog check anyways (in C.a) al least. Many , Many aftermarket mods are done to new cars trucks, Motorcycles by dealer after sale and state DMV or "FED's" are not involved.If dealer want to do it , Its no problem.

Examples: Dark titnted windows , applied by dealer and sold on new car, The tinted windows are not legal period , Buy a new Harley they change pipes ,Not Legal ect... you get the idea
Yep, agreed

I dont think there would be any liability on the dealer if you told them it was for offroad use. Its the same thing as the none carb compliant tuners aviable now, they sell them under a off-road only cluse.

As far as the DMV, I know here in nevada you can register a 08 350 SD at 10002 lbs and anything over 10,000 is smog exempt so that problem is solved. The 250's would be a problem because they wont make it over 10,000 and out here they check for cat's on your truck when you smog them, i dont know if they will be checking for DPF's on the newer trucks.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:55 PM
No1Hookman
Senior User
Mine is already registered and ready to go. Problem is, I've not been able to get any part numbers for the pipes and ECM. If SANDDEMON can get back to that dealer and do a little undercover work, we'd all (maybe not all) be indebted to him. Numbers are usually stamped into the pipes, or if they haven't been hot, on stickers affixed to the pipe. The parts books haven't shown them yet as of about a month to six weeks ago.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:37 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by No1Hookman
Mine is already registered and ready to go. Problem is, I've not been able to get any part numbers for the pipes and ECM. If SANDDEMON can get back to that dealer and do a little undercover work, we'd all (maybe not all) be indebted to him. Numbers are usually stamped into the pipes, or if they haven't been hot, on stickers affixed to the pipe. The parts books haven't shown them yet as of about a month to six weeks ago.
I'll do what i can, i'll go down on monday and see what i can uncover.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:34 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by supeRobertduty
Simple

I suppose it would be possible if your "STATE" did not inspect your vehicle when trying to renew the registration. However, if there is an inspection prior to renewal, then either it would "FAIL", or the MVD would then have to flag or label your SD as off-road only. Plus, they may actually require proof that it will be for off-road only...and that could be a problem...IMO.

Usually...the Govt will catch up...just takes time.

biz

Old 08-26-2007, 04:06 PM
No1Hookman
Senior User
Originally Posted by biz4two

Usually...the Govt will catch up...just takes time.

biz

Old 08-26-2007, 04:12 PM
No1Hookman
Senior User
I'll do what i can, i'll go down on monday and see what i can uncover.
Great, another thing if you or they can come up with a VIN number, they can get the build sheet for one of those trucks and that build sheet will show the part numbers for that exhaust system and ECM, for that matter.

Things may get a bit interesting, now.

Thanks SANDDEMON.

Last edited by No1Hookman; 08-26-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Factory 6.4 With No Dpf,cat Or Regen OEM