6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

2 Full Regens In 2 Days

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:39 PM
rmosso1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom:
What am I missing? If you are driving on an Interstate at 60 mph, are you telling me that your engine idles up? Maybe I am dense, but to feel, see or hear a passive regen, traveling on the highway, at 2000 rpm, I really do not understand how your truck could go to idle. Further, I find it hard to believe that you can accurately calculate or certify that your fuel mileage reduces as the biggest variable is when you last set your fuel mileage meter. If you start out from a station and put your foot to the throttle, the fule mileage will go from 10 to maybe 5; and, similarly if you have a couple hundred miles on a tank, putting your foot to the throttle will make minimal change in readings. Of course you know all that. With 15,000 miles on your truck.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Tom Hoffman
Senior User
Originally Posted by rmosso1
Tom:
What am I missing? If you are driving on an Interstate at 60 mph, are you telling me that your engine idles up? Maybe I am dense, but to feel, see or hear a passive regen, traveling on the highway, at 2000 rpm, I really do not understand how your truck could go to idle. Further, I find it hard to believe that you can accurately calculate or certify that your fuel mileage reduces as the biggest variable is when you last set your fuel mileage meter. If you start out from a station and put your foot to the throttle, the fule mileage will go from 10 to maybe 5; and, similarly if you have a couple hundred miles on a tank, putting your foot to the throttle will make minimal change in readings. Of course you know all that. With 15,000 miles on your truck.
What is missing man! read the first post I was sitting idling. Maybe I misspoke and said Passive regen? hell I don't know it just regenerated. when I reset my meter at first it is all over the place, when I get on the trottle it goes down fast! but after time it slows and starts giving a better avg. latly it has been stopping at 12.6to 12.8
but if I reset it again I have seen it go all the way to 15.8 but it qoes back in a short period of time to the 12's that is hwy driving. I spend between 500 to 800 dollars a month on fuel I try to watch my milage!

Why are you so sceptical? with all I say, Maybe Dense is a good word
Why can't we all get along lol

Last edited by Tom Hoffman; 02-04-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:35 AM
rmosso1
Posting Guru
Smile

Tom:
Alas, I am still skeptical (i.e. "1. One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions")

Why would you reset your mpg computer in between fill ups? It makes your calculations meaningless. No way to know actual mpg, proven and verified against actual consumption.

My suggestion is to quit playing with the mpg meter. Measure it each tankful. Much more meaningful and maybe less stressfull for you. Think about it. What difference does it really make. You still have to get from point A to point B.

Your statements above surely indicate your true mpg is over 12.5. Isn't that correct? My F-350 dually, without trouble gets me 10.5. To me, my dually andy your 250 are performing about average, imho, whereas; in your opinion, your truck is a POS.

Oh, regarding your comments about "DENSE", I can only say that perhaps you should wake up and smell the coffee. Some of your arguments would incite a technician, and maybe part of your trouble.

Just goes to prove "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"!

Last edited by rmosso1; 02-05-2008 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Tom Hoffman
Senior User
Originally Posted by rmosso1
Tom:
Alas, I am still skeptical (i.e. "1. One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions")

Why would you reset your mpg computer in between fill ups? It makes your calculations meaningless. No way to know actual mpg, proven and verified against actual consumption.

My suggestion is to quit playing with the mpg meter. Measure it each tankful. Much more meaningful and maybe less stressfull for you. Think about it. What difference does it really make. You still have to get from point A to point B.

Your statements above surely indicate your true mpg is over 12.5. Isn't that correct? My F-350 dually, without trouble gets me 10.5. To me, my dually andy your 250 are performing about average, imho, whereas; in your opinion, your truck is a POS.

Oh, regarding your comments about "DENSE", I can only say that perhaps you should wake up and smell the coffee. Some of your arguments would incite a technician, and maybe part of your trouble.

Just goes to prove "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"!

Wow you just don't get it do you? I don't play with the meter I have only reset it about 4 or 5 times since I owned the truck. I know it takes more than a short trip to give true milage! I can run many tanks of fuel and still get about the same 12.6 or so. Do you relize how much I drive a week? I know how to get milage! There was a time before the flash were I was getting in the 15's but not sence the flash! Yes I know I need to get from a to b but a 250 should get better than 12.6 on the hwy. Get that threw your thick head. No my Milage is not TRUELY over 12.6 That is not the only reason my truck is a POS read the posts look at the list. Give me a break. Oh about me inciting a Tech. Stupid people upset me sorry!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:46 AM
rmosso1
Posting Guru
Tom:

Then you are a liar. No way, in 15,000 miles, only setting your meter 4 or 5 times will it vary from 5 to 15 mpg as you state. I will not respond again to your many allegations as they are incoherent, incomprehensible, incomplete, inconsistent, inaccurate and it does reflect on all of your posts, and I stand by my statement, given what you say here, a mechanic, technician, service manager probably does think that you are a stupid jerk, but not I!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Tom Hoffman
Senior User
5 to 15 I said 5! You are a Crack head

Old 02-05-2008, 10:47 AM
F TOO FITTY
Mountain Pass
Ridiculous

Tell ya what. For someone that is reading this thread to get information, its not helping when people argue about meaningless ****. Why don't you two exchange email and fight somewhere else. Better yet, meet in person and find out who's still willing to run their mouth.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:22 PM
DL
Senior User
Originally Posted by F TOO FITTY
Tell ya what. For someone that is reading this thread to get information, its not helping when people argue about meaningless ****. Why don't you two exchange email and fight somewhere else. Better yet, meet in person and find out who's still willing to run their mouth.
I'm with you F TOO FITTY; I've heard enough wineing and moaning about his truck already. I mean I feel for the guy about his problems but geez enough is enough. Take it to someone that can help him.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:37 PM
stroke this
Senior User

I guess it's ok to post on this site as long as you don't complain about the problems your having with your superduty.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Tom Hoffman
Senior User
Originally Posted by F TOO FITTY

After reading him call me a liar I would be glad to meet

Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
rmosso1
Posting Guru
Tom, I am not going to extend the argument. I think you are other than a valid Ford owner; and I feel you have exacerbated a problem; overstated the problem. Post your VIN again, as from my last reading, little was shown on the oasis report.

As to fighting, you would lose. Much like your arguments. I have no idea why I am typing this last message to you, but I am sick of your negativism. It is illegal to advise, but why don't you sue them???????

Good night, good bye, and I am very easy to find.