Satelite Radio System (Sirius)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
FloridaF250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satelite Radio System (Sirius)

The wife has an 07 Edge and it has satelite radio. 2 wks ago we could get Sirus at all on the radio all we could get was "line in" which I found out this past Saturday doing a little reading that "line in" is for the MP3 function. Any way at first they thought it was the radio so they ordered one only to get "line in" only. Talking with Sirus they show the signal going to the car then stopping. They are saying that the car some where between the antenna and the radio has a short or ground to frame. When I hit the "aux" button it should go to Sirus but doesn't. and yes my subscription is up to date.

After the new radio read the same they tell me they have to call Ford to see what they think or know about this problem.

My question for anyone that has a factory installed satelite system or has installed their own. Have you had this same problem if so what fixed it and Does the antenna serve as a reciever also?

Sure would like some info if possible.

Thanks

Old 01-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the back of the Ford radio there should be two plugs with a bunch of wires in it. One is the main radio plug that supplies power and has all the speaker wires in it. The other smaller one is for the satellite radio unit. The satellite unit is a seperate box installed somewhere else in the vehicle. It sounds like the harness from the satellite box to the Ford radio must have a short in it somewhere.

Do you have an auxilliary in converter like a PAC module installed so you can hook up an MP3 player? If so that could be causing the problem if it doesn't properly pass through the satellite info.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:40 AM
FloridaF250
Senior User
Originally Posted by Beerstalker
On the back of the Ford radio there should be two plugs with a bunch of wires in it. One is the main radio plug that supplies power and has all the speaker wires in it. The other smaller one is for the satellite radio unit. The satellite unit is a seperate box installed somewhere else in the vehicle. It sounds like the harness from the satellite box to the Ford radio must have a short in it somewhere.

Do you have an auxilliary in converter like a PAC module installed so you can hook up an MP3 player? If so that could be causing the problem if it doesn't properly pass through the satellite info.
With this 07 radio every thing for the MP-3 is integrated. I mean there could be this PAC module some where. All that I know is that to play the MP-3 play it plugs in inside the center console. I'll have to mention this to them. The Motorcraft satelite maintenance shop that I use are not familiar with this system so they were supposed to call Ford and I haven't heard back from them yet.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:43 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
If you need a wiring diagram, go here: Use the word 'library" for both the user name and password. Click on "ARRC" to go to the entry page.

http://www.bedlib.org/ebsco.html

Old 01-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Prestige Wiring OKC
Junior User
In my 2007 FX4 I had issues with the head unit itself, took it back to the dealership and they said they have a lot of issues with the 6 disc sat radio head unit. This is my second one, but I just replaced it with a dvd touchscreen. The sat radio module is just below the head unit and has two plugins for 2 separate bundles of wire and 1 for the antenna. Check those to make sure they have contact. If not take it to ford..Im sure its under warranty...

Old 02-01-2008, 11:14 AM
FloridaF250
Senior User
Originally Posted by Prestige Wiring OKC
In my 2007 FX4 I had issues with the head unit itself, took it back to the dealership and they said they have a lot of issues with the 6 disc sat radio head unit. This is my second one, but I just replaced it with a dvd touchscreen. The sat radio module is just below the head unit and has two plugins for 2 separate bundles of wire and 1 for the antenna. Check those to make sure they have contact. If not take it to ford..Im sure its under warranty...
Yep Ford sent them the tech bulletin (or something like it) they have been having a bad problem with them Mine kept blowing fuzes so they ordered another one and should be in on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.