Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Kitsap County Biodiesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:17 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kitsap County Biodiesel

I was wondering if there was anyone in kitsap county that was making there own biodiesel. I will be returning in feb with my truck and will be looking to switch to b100. If you or someone you know is making this then please let me know who and how much per gal.

thanks
JoryLee

Old 01-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
There are only two Biofuel stations in Kitsap County. One is near auto-row called "Pacific Pride" and is a Cenex site that sells B20, 20% biodiesel. However, you need to fill out a credit app and go through some hoops before you can buy from them. It's much more oriented to commercial drivers. The second is on Bainbridge near the ferry dock, Quality Auto Service. They sell B99, 99% biodiesel. They will arrange for you to have a tank and fill it up at home, like propane dealers do.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:05 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Originally Posted by Placermike
There are only two Biofuel stations in Kitsap County. One is near auto-row called "Pacific Pride" and is a Cenex site that sells B20, 20% biodiesel. However, you need to fill out a credit app and go through some hoops before you can buy from them. It's much more oriented to commercial drivers. The second is on Bainbridge near the ferry dock, Quality Auto Service. They sell B99, 99% biodiesel. They will arrange for you to have a tank and fill it up at home, like propane dealers do.
do you happen to know how much they charge per gallon?

Old 01-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Not off hand. Here is the number for Quality Auto Service: (206) 780-8088

Last edited by Placermike; 01-19-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
The Cenex in Bremerton accepts credit cards now, they have a sign out front that says public welcome.
I'm just setting up my genset to run on WVO, it's cheaper than biodiesel.........

Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 PM
hydrosmith
Senior User
hey guys just a some advice about switching over to bio, have a couple or three fuel filters handy. Once the bio has fed through the system it will start to clean out the microbes that have built up in the lines and were caught in the filter. This happens due to bio having a solvent in it to make it volitile. And it depends on the blending also, say, b99 would make it happen quickly and b5 would be much slower.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:06 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hydrosmith
hey guys just a some advice about switching over to bio, have a couple or three fuel filters handy. Once the bio has fed through the system it will start to clean out the microbes that have built up in the lines and were caught in the filter. This happens due to bio having a solvent in it to make it volitile. And it depends on the blending also, say, b99 would make it happen quickly and b5 would be much slower.
Yes ive heard that before. But..... if your truck is low milage ( mine is under 18k) then it wont really make all that much of a difference... The trucks that have say 100k plus miles will have to worry about changing the fuel filters.

That is great advise and thank you for posting. I'm sure there are alot of people that are really thinking about doing this due to the rising cost of dino.

I have a co-worker that has purchased a bio making unit and will be producing by the first of second week of feb. were guessing that it will cost about 75 cents per gallon when we are fully up and running.... I cant wait to be paying less then $40 dollars to fill up the truck vise $120 +......... and it will get better gas milage as the engine finishes breaking in.

The reason im checking out who esle is making biodiesel in this area, is becuase my co-worker will be moving out of the area around fall of 2009. Since I dont own my own house and cant set up my own unit at this time. when he leaves ill be looking for a new fuel source.

Anyway... thanks again for the heads up.

JoryLee

Old 01-20-2008, 01:08 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ford_Six
The Cenex in Bremerton accepts credit cards now, they have a sign out front that says public welcome.
I'm just setting up my genset to run on WVO, it's cheaper than biodiesel.........
WOW.... thanks for the heads up.. do you know what there charging for bio yet. Ill be coming back with my truck from utah (long term storage) in feb and might need to use thier bio while my buddy is perfecting his.

Thanks again.

JoryLee

Old 01-20-2008, 01:10 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Originally Posted by Placermike
Not off hand. Here is the number for Quality Auto Service: (206) 780-8088
Great thanks.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:29 PM
hydrosmith
Senior User
Here is something that has been happening quietly, tell me if you have heard this. Safeway stations are in the process of switching to B20 and want to be totally switched by the end of 2008.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by hydrosmith
Here is something that has been happening quietly, tell me if you have heard this. Safeway stations are in the process of switching to B20 and want to be totally switched by the end of 2008.
Safeway is doing that!...At some point, the bio fuel will become cheaper than it is. Right now the processing is still in the infant stages, so it will take some time before the cost declines and can compete with the traditional fuels. I am speaking both in cost and supply.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:20 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Thats great news. Hope more people get on board with this. If we can get more people to start making biodiesel then we can start forcing the big oil butheads to drop the price of dino down to where it should be. Not to mention we can hopefully start to get more and more bio stations out there..

Thanks for the posts... keep them coming...

JoryLee

Old 01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have heard of it and I think the Safeway in Arlington is BIO now....

Old 03-25-2008, 10:35 PM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
just thougt i would give this a bump

Old 03-26-2008, 02:43 AM
whitebenz
Posting Guru
Last time I was in Graham the safeway there was bio. The Safeway here in Yelm has signs saying that they are definatly not bio.

Quick Reply: Kitsap County Biodiesel