Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Too doggone hot out there now -

Old 06-28-2008, 11:21 PM
lv2race
Laughing Gas
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Too doggone hot out there now -
Yep, been riding out there for years and the NWS says about 106 this weekend. I wouldn't mind a trip when it's cooler, MUCH cooler. I'll take the family out in fall for a riding trip. Head to the Slash X for some grub and beer!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:19 AM
OldMetal
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well where I live I can shoot from my front porch and go cruzing dirt roads anytime, in fact it's over a mile to a paved road from my house and if we get too much rain it's 4X4 time just to go to the store. I don't really need to get away from it all cause there's nothing here but it's nice to see different sights.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:54 AM
fun_suv
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldMetal
Well where I live I can shoot from my front porch and go cruzing dirt roads anytime, in fact it's over a mile to a paved road from my house and if we get too much rain it's 4X4 time just to go to the store. I don't really need to get away from it all cause there's nothing here but it's nice to see different sights.
So meeting at your place when gas prices go down?

Old 06-29-2008, 10:09 AM
OldMetal
Elder User
Originally Posted by fun_suv
So meeting at your place when gas prices go down?
Why not? I have plenty of room for campers and a fire pit. It wouldn't be the first time this place was filled with people.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:08 AM
bigjimcruising
Senior User
This might be an old thread but it's still right on topic. We sure are boring around here. We've already run out of reasons to do our own meets and just waste time going to others events. Finally something around here to look forward too! If you're not to far away this sounds like FUN!! I love the description of your driveway! I'm interested!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Good to see you posting, Jim.
I don't think you'll find anyone who attended the last get together that would consider it as having been a "waste of time". We met a lot of other chapter members that had never been to one of our chapter functions.
I try to choose events or locations for get togethers based on what I think people will enjoy, knowing that I'll never please everyone.

I'm always open to any suggestions anyone may have.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:45 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by bigjimcruising
This might be an old thread but it's still right on topic. We sure are boring around here. We've already run out of reasons to do our own meets and just waste time going to others events. Finally something around here to look forward too! If you're not to far away this sounds like FUN!! I love the description of your driveway! I'm interested!
I certainly didn't think the Western Nationals was a waste of my time. In fact it was the first meet that got my butt out the door. Not boring at all IMO, and I'm not even a classic car enthusiast. I'm also not a coffee clatch kind of guy, so I'm generally hard to please.

Jim, what kind of G2G's would you find interesting? I'm sure Steve will welcome all suggestions. It ain't easy being the event coordinator by yourself without good input from the members.

We tried to have a varmint shoot over at Numberdummy's place but it just never worked out.

Bill

Old 07-01-2008, 11:48 AM
bigjimcruising
Senior User
Hi Steve. I realize that many around here are into those events and don't have any problem with those who enjoy them. I'm just not into looking at those kinds of rigs since that's not where my interests rest so for me they're wasting my time. I did have a great time at the last meeting that I attended and really look forward to more of those. I'd just like to see our meetings be our meetings and other events separate for those who would like to go. It seems to me that if we're ever going to build something of our own then we should work towards that end instead of just "wasting" time at other events. I wasn't trying to insult anyone for attending and I'm sorry if it came out that way. I just mean that I'd like to see us focus on our own chapter meetings instead of others. Sorry for my poor wording, I'm pretty sick right now and all the meds are making me a little off my game. Jim.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:54 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Sorry 'bout the sick part - get better soon.

I'll tell you, when I saw Bill's (OldMetal - we have a lot of "Bill's in the chapter) post about his place and hosting a chapter event, I thought: "what a great idea". He's down on the border around Jamul, I think. Fall would be a good time down there, when it's cooler (Maybe during Quail season). I think I'll get with him and see what we can dream up.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:02 PM
OldMetal
Elder User
There is also the Lake Morena county park near me, I think it's ten bucks a night to camp, you can fish and hike around and I'll check on when the OHV section is open.
There's a few different things to do down here.
County of San Diego: Lake Morena County Park