New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wait till you here about my luckiest day ever

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:06 PM
iculkn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait till you here about my luckiest day ever

Hey, Guys Im new on here from washington. Originally georgia. Anyhow lookin around in here. Seen some great fords. Great site. Well your probably wondering about the title. So about 3 or 4 mths ago I was looking 4 an older f100 project. I had noticed one that was sitting beside this old guys house 4 a while.One weekend I saw the guy outside working. I stopped and asked if he was interested in selling. I expected it to be a no or yeah for 30 grand or someting stupid like that. But to my suprise the old guy said he was a trucker and didnt have the time to fool with it anymore.He told me how he had tore it to down to the frame and rust proofed it. He also told me how he had a 1969 351 w block rebuilt for it just sitting on a stand lubed up waiting to run. This is all great but now I was expecting him to ask at least 4 or 5 grand. You know same old story. He said he would like to see some one keep it from ruining. Ill bet I was thinking.He then said give me 400 and the trucks yours. And for 200 more take the 351 with it. I thought I was going to rip my pocket off my jeans getting my wallet out. Whats even better is I already had a set of 1969 351w heads.I just got them back from being reworked roller rockers.Well you get the point. So thats how I ended up on this site. Check out my pics. I still cant believe it.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,369 Likes on 1,126 Posts
Hi and welcome iculkn, congrats on your lucky find.
I checked out your gallery and it looks great.
Be sure to post your intro in the local Wa chapter soon and check to see many more similar trucks are lurking near by.