New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My ....She's Home... Story

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 12:05 AM
FastOnRaceDay
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ....She's Home... Story

After 3 1/2 yrs at the shop i finally drove her home.1978 f150 4x4 custom.It cost me today though i had a bill of 518 for insurance before i could get a day permit to get her home.I,m not trying to brag but i have a ear to ear grin on me face and just wanted too share it with you all.seeing that the rest of you are just as ford crazy as i am. The story on this Truck is,I first saw it when i was 14 at my Bosses/coaches shop it was a bute allways asked if i could buy it,his reply was you couldnt make enough money to buy it.I asked him when he bought this truck.Het got back in 79 or 80 from a farmer traded the truck for some concrete work.great deal for both i guess great deal for me eventaully lol.The truck was hardley driven sat in the shop for yrs even before i saw it.She had the original paint when i first layed my eyes on her.

I watched her yr after yr after yr then one day she was gone.
Oh no where did she go by this time i had bought my self a 73 notch back mustang with a 302 that i rebuild my self from the bottom up only thing i coudnt do was the boring didnt have that peice of equipment but everything else my hands did at the age of 17.I asked in fear where's the beauty gone,sold it he says eyes bugged out mouth droped to the floor.Boss laughing at my look on my face no just kidding with ya, she's getting painted.

I Eventaully moved on got a different job got girlfriend had a kid working at dead end job and decided i better get a better paying job.Thought maybe my old boss has some work for me. Now i am at the age of 23 sure enough old boss has some work for me,and still has his old 78 sittin in the garage with the new paint on it.Here's where manure hits the fan. one day at the work site i had slipped and fell onto the conveyour belt of a screening plant for gravel it tried to push me through to the other side of the chute.It nearly killed me i broke my back that day and was in the hospital for 6 months.Was told would never walk again by the Dr.After four yrs in a chair with hard work i began to take baby steps again.I decided i would go see my boss after 4 yrs just too let him know there was no hard feelings towards him.Anywho we started talking trucks, he noticed me eyeing up the old girl and said "you allways liked that ford eh" Man did i ever,"well she's your's" At that moment i thought i was dreaming,huh she's yours consider it as a reward for walking again i want you to have It. He started laughing. I guess i had the same look on my face from the time when he said he had sold it.lol Well i drove her home today i may sleep in the box tonight just like a kid on christmass day with there new toy.
Why in the shop for so long out of province truck needed to go through inspection and i am not a rich man. Thx Hope it makes sence

Old 03-13-2005, 12:41 AM
bosshoss
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good story. Congrats on the getting out of the chair and walking again.

Dp

Old 03-13-2005, 12:42 AM
OzFTrucker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Good for you I say, glad to hear you finally got the truck you alwats wanted, just a shame that you had to go through what you did to get it.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,371 Likes on 1,128 Posts
Great story, it makes alot of sense to me as I feel that way about my Fords too. I am glad that you finally got your dream truck and that your boss is such a great person. I know that you will take good care of it and am sorry to hear about your back problems and all that pain. Take good care of it so you can enjoy the rest of your life and your truck. What special plans do you have for it? Tell us more about it.

Last edited by Fomoko1; 03-13-2005 at 11:07 PM.