Sponsored by: DP Tuner

2007 DURAMAX wiped by my 2002 7.3

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:15 AM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile 2007 DURAMAX wiped by my 2002 7.3

I've never raced my 7.3 psd before, but it was only a matter of time i suppose...

Stock with straightpipe, adjustable "10k" mod, and hydrogen.

I have no idea what my HP is, or what a 2007 dmax hp is, however, i know one thing.... He's suprised at my truck, bone stock, beating his chromed up, chipped, fancy s-10 ooops i mean duramax...

I'm running a home-made hydrogen system, wich anybody could design some plans using the internet, and a little bit of time, and gives amazing results.

I have a generator, and 1/2 inch line, and valves, and easily can use the h2 gen to either burn along with the diesel as it's made, (giving me 25MPG now!!!), or build up in a hydrogen containment unit (gigantic party baloon), to be later released in bulk, to provide intermittent power for whipping duramax's.

I know this all sounds far fetched and mabye even stupid, but all i have to say, is try it before you doubt it!!!

To beat the DMAX, in about a 1/2 mile race, i used the 10k mod, and injected hydrogen. (wide open)

I got the ses light, but it went off later. (guessing overboost)

I couldnt lock the TC, because i'm scared to without laying off the fuel...

However, and i realize these are not useful measures....

MY 2002 BEAT THE DMAX by at least 200 feet!!!!

He says his truck has over 500 HP, but i dont believe him, nobody i know has ever dyno'd their truck.

At the 1/2 mile marker (gravel driveway), i was already riding the 157 km/h governor, but he also says he was maxed out.

That isuzu had to smoke like a champ to try to keep up!

My 7.3 with the h2, dosnt smoke at all, i dont even have a chip!

Anybody interested in a hydrogen "supplement" system, should look on the net, all you need is 2 wires, current, water, baking soda, and a little elbow grease!!!

ITs really not that hard to make a generator, and your mileage will go up, if you make it properly.
NO, i unfortunately dont have any links, as i designed mine myself. But, if anyone wants to see mine, send a PM, and you'll see that all you need is stuff you find around the house, and hardware store.

My system has a "option" that stores the H2 in a resevoir, for injecting at high concentrations, basically 2 valves and a big a$$ balloon.

YES, i realize that the GM could do the same thing, and probably beat me, but fornow... MY MOMENT OF GLORY!!!

Just a note for anybody sceptical about this, yes, i realize that generating hydrogen from alternator power is "losing" energy, but it apparently boosts the cumbustion efficiency so good, that it is worth it big time. If you dont believe me that youll see performance increase, try 'er out.

I'm not sellin nothin here, why would i spend time writing this if i wasnt impressed myself?

Sorry for this little rant.

I'm done.

Watch out s-10's i mean duramax's !

okay, now i'm done.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:57 AM
15 and 92 Dad
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not doubting you, but Id like to see it!

Rich

Old 12-11-2007, 08:01 AM
rebelchevy02
Posting Guru
Even with a measley 40hp towing chip the duramax makes 400 hp at the crank. Stock 7.3s came with 225-250 (according to ford). Some say the 10k is good for about 15hp.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
I would like to see some pictures of the generator that you made, and perhaps some specs too.
I have plenty of room on board my truck to install a system like this without intruding on anything else.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll add to this... I have a couple '05 DMax trucks at my unit that my truck will blow away. I've driven & towed with them and there is no comparison. Even the 6.0s we have are slower than mine. You know how you "get used" to your vehicle, whatever it is -- I was expecting much more when I got behind the wheel, and was surprised at how it felt. Now it's entirely possible that they detune these things for government use, so who knows? I do know that I've beaten DMaxes on the road (no idea if they were chipped or not), so it makes me think that they aren't as fast as we all think they are.

FWIW, the 7.3 in my year is supposedly 250 HP for the auto and 275 for the manual. With my current state of mods, I believe I can hang rather well with a hopped up 6.0 a friend of mine has. His is running a 5" exhaust and a Bully-Dog tuner. We haven't run yet except for toying around town, and I think he'll beat me, but not by much. That's my gut feel -- I told him I wanted to open up on him to see how mine's doing using his as a reference. He's had 7.3s in the past and his current truck is an '05 2WD 350 DRW.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 AM
rebelchevy02
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Izzy351
FWIW, the 7.3 in my year is supposedly 250 HP for the auto and 275 for the manual. With my current state of mods, I believe I can hang rather well with a hopped up 6.0 a friend of mine has. His is running a 5" exhaust and a Bully-Dog tuner. We haven't run yet except for toying around town, and I think he'll beat me, but not by much. That's my gut feel -- I told him I wanted to open up on him to see how mine's doing using his as a reference. He's had 7.3s in the past and his current truck is an '05 2WD 350 DRW.

Just hope your 6oh buddy doesnt get a sct, with whoevers the "greatest" at the time tuning. From what ive read theres no comparrison to a bully dog to an sct. Apparently its like the difference between generic tuners vs the dp or tony wildman flip chips for our trucks.

FWIW, our 07 duramax, with a steel cap, aftermarket bumpers, STOCK tuning, is still pretty quick. Im sure I would get him outa the hole, and well I might get him the whole way with the dp now, but i know for a fact, with my old edge it would only get him off the line (obviously as he has no extra fuel on the bottom) but thats how my truck is, it also weighs quite a bit over stock. So maybe I just dont know how an unloaded 7.3 can run!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:04 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 108 Posts
The hydrogen system is most definitely one of supremely high interest fr me just from a mileage boost standpoint. I've done some reading on the net about purchased systems, and the folks are proud of their products to the tune of $700-$1500 for a system large enough for our 7.3's.

That said, I want to make my own system, but also want to be very SAFE with it. The "Brown's gas" that comes off of those systems is a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen gas, which can be very explosive if not handled vary carefully. The alst thing I want to do is blow a window in my intercooler, IC piping, turbo, block, or anything else for that matter.

I would be very interested in how you put your system together. Please email me any and all details you're willing to share at "famisto8@yahoo.com".

Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rebelchevy02
Just hope your 6oh buddy doesnt get a sct, with whoevers the "greatest" at the time tuning. From what ive read theres no comparrison to a bully dog to an sct. Apparently its like the difference between generic tuners vs the dp or tony wildman flip chips for our trucks.

FWIW, our 07 duramax, with a steel cap, aftermarket bumpers, STOCK tuning, is still pretty quick. Im sure I would get him outa the hole, and well I might get him the whole way with the dp now, but i know for a fact, with my old edge it would only get him off the line (obviously as he has no extra fuel on the bottom) but thats how my truck is, it also weighs quite a bit over stock. So maybe I just dont know how an unloaded 7.3 can run!
I'll let him know to stay away from SCT...

On the other hand, I really need to go for a spin in a DMax that's been worked, because like I said, the '05s we have ain't nothin'. I *KNOW* I can take them in mine, and if that's the case, his should waste 'em even more. This is solely based on my limited experience -- you obviously hold some kind of Bowtie knowlege, and I have no doubt you're right. I can't explain my experience telling me otherwise, though. BTW, I've also given a fellow FTE'er a ride in my truck, who also happens to own an LB7 Dmax (can't recall which year), and his comment was "I don't know.....I think you could take me". So it's not just me...

Old 12-11-2007, 10:38 AM
parkland
Lead Driver
DONT BUY A HYDROGEN generator!!!

Heres what i'll do for all you guys... (and the ones that pm's me...)
I'm gonna lay down my information here, and later i'll try to get off my ath and go take some pics for you guys.

I'm going to describe as best i can, how to make a system (without the sudden release i have) to boost mileage...

OK #1, yes, hydrogen and oxygen are produced using a generator, and are explosive. they should never be contained in any type of container, as the mix is oxidized. (I used the balloon, so if it blew up, theres no shrapenal)

Browns gas is created when electricy (DC) passes through water. What you need to make, is a container that will hold water, be air tight, and have a hose out the top that will go to the intake box. I used a 20 liter pale. You can use smaller containers, but i like the bigger one because it gets less hot.
Next, you need to have electrodes in the water. I unbent a bunch of coat hangers, (you should use stainless steel), and put holes in the lid, and placed the wires all sticking inside the bucket, about 1" from the bottom. A circular piece of plastic was cut, and I poked holes in it, same as the pale's lid, so that it fits in the bottom of the pale, holding all the wires in place, and from touching.

Next, all the wires (wether you use 2, or 100) need to be connected by an electrical wire. Because mine went in a circular pattern around the bucket lid, I took a long piece of wire for (+), solder to 1, skip 1, and then the same thing using (-) for every other rod. Basically you need positive and negative wires in the water. However you do this should work as long as they dont touch. I used caulking to seal around all the holes in the lid.

The hose. The hose, for mileage increase purposes, should be 1/8 or 1/4 and work great. From the pale, use a 1/2 piece of pipe, and make it go upwards somehow, so that if the water splashes it wont go into the 1/8 or 1/4 line going to the airbox. It will run down the 1/2 tube back into the bucket. If any water gets in small tubing, the pressure will push it into the airbox.

Electrical connection: Straight up 12v from the battery. USE A FUSE.

Ok, now we have this bucket, complete with electrodes, half (+) and other half (-), and the hose that goes to the intake. Like i said, a fuse would be a good thing, and a switch also, so you can test its ability later...

OK operation manual: So, you built an H2 generator, from whatever container you found, and its got an air tight seal, you got youre electrodes wired up with a switch and fuse, hose to the airbox. Turning the switch on now, shouldnt do anything. Theres only air in the bucket, and the electrodes do not touch.

Now heres the trick. Youre container or bucket or whatever, needs to be filled with water.
BAKING SODA is the next key. The more you add, the more amps this generator will draw, and the more H2 it will make. A good tablespoon per liter is a decent place to start.

with the AIRBOX OFF, (to prevent buildup of gases), turn the switch on, and you'll here "fizzing" inside the bucket. Put youre finger over the end of the small tube that goes to the airbox. hold it there, and test to see if the pressure is leaking anywhere.
Mabye you should have a battery charger on while doing this for extended periods of time, IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA.

Whatever jar or can you used, you should be making h2. Baking soda dosnt make h2, it makes the water become more conductive, so the electrodes dont have to be ridiculously close together.

There ya go. GENERATOR DONE.

As for tuning? I dont know how much output anyones design will yield. My advice is make a couple trial generators, test them. Make your first one from a plastic jar so you can see whats going on!

DONT light the end of the hose from the H2 generator. I did this one time, because i didnt think it was working, and BAM, the container exploded, and water went all over the computer workstation.

Just so were all clear here, it worked for me , but try at youre own risk.

If youre getting scared to try it, just remember FUSES VENTILATION NO-CONTAINERS.

Hope this covers this a little better. Like i said, i'll try an take some pictures later, although i think i already wrote a 1000 words...

Old 12-11-2007, 10:42 AM
parkland
Lead Driver
Sorry, when i just said "no conainers" I meant NO conaining large abounts of gas in a container.

Sorry if i confused anyone.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:02 PM
countrycar
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Me too! I want one!(countrycar@hotmail.com). Thanks. Country

Old 12-11-2007, 04:01 PM
2002f2507.3LPS
Senior User
maybe this can be YouTubed?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:47 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
If anybody's interested, i'll be taking photo's and some more information and posting it soon.
How soon?
Well, the hydrogen generator is in the passenger seat.

I'm just in the middle of starting a business, watching my 2 yr old, and other daily tasks that make me a little lazy OK?

No need to PM me, I realize a lot of people are interested.. just wait.

PLEASE nobody start ranting about perpetual motion or free energy. I'm doing this to show everyone how you can save fuel and boost power for less than 30$. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET 100mpg! I went from about 20 to 25 empty highway.

Just wait guys.... its comin.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:56 PM
rmilchman
Elder User
Is it plain tap water? How much water is needed per tank of diesel (28 gallon tank)? If it's so easy to do, why aren't car manufactures doing this? What are the down sides?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rmilchman
Is it plain tap water? How much water is needed per tank of diesel (28 gallon tank)? If it's so easy to do, why aren't car manufactures doing this? What are the down sides?
There *ARE* cars running on Hydrogen with their exhaust being water vapor...

I'm interested in seeing this through as well.

Quick Reply: 2007 DURAMAX wiped by my 2002 7.3