Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Not Banks - so what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:52 AM
ScottInTexas
Give me coffee - Or beer!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not Banks - so what?

If I'm not gonna use a Banks performance chip then what would I use. I have seen DP-Tuner talked about here but a search didn't give me the company link that I need to find one. Another mentioned in this forum was from an FTE Sponsor: who would that be? According to Banks I should see a huge improvement in mileage and HP. That's what I want. But they are $450. I need to spend less. And I need it by the 20th. My wife wants it for her birthday.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:06 AM
15 and 92 Dad
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.DPtuner.com is the tuner you want, I have a banks six gun stacked with the DP tuner, The only reason I have the banks is because I bought it before I knew about DP. The banks six gun did very little in way of performance and milage increase!!! The DP tuner on 80 econo feels like 3 times the power gain over the banks and my fuel milage increased 3 MPG! The only thing I use the banks for now is monitoring, thats it!! Give Jody or Diane a call at DP and save yourself the time, money and you will be WAY ahead on power and MPG.
Rich

Old 11-27-2007, 06:17 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 15 and 92 Dad
www.DPtuner.com is the tuner you want, I have a banks six gun stacked with the DP tuner, The only reason I have the banks is because I bought it before I knew about DP. The banks six gun did very little in way of performance and milage increase!!! The DP tuner on 80 econo feels like 3 times the power gain over the banks and my fuel milage increased 3 MPG! The only thing I use the banks for now is monitoring, thats it!! Give Jody or Diane a call at DP and save yourself the time, money and you will be WAY ahead on power and MPG.
Rich
i like what he said^^^^ you can get 1 or up to 16 switch on the fly custom tuneing to your liking for your truck..its not a on the shelf chip for any PSD like banks is..its a one of a kind for your PCM that runs your truck..much better HP gains at a lot low EGT'S...he also tunes the auto trans to get that power down to the ground...do it once and do it right..get the DP

Old 11-27-2007, 06:52 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
You could laso call www.totaldieselperformance.com (in Forth Worth) - Tony can make you a great chip that suits your needs. Also, Diesel Innovations in Houston(you can go pick it up yourself) is right down the road from you. All mentioned are a great bunch of folks.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The link you were trying to search is www.dp-tuner.com

Old 11-27-2007, 09:06 AM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Please do not waste your money on the Banks, Get a custom tuned chip for your truck. DP is my choice, but as I understand it David at DI (as whitebuffalo mentioned above) is right near by you and he can custom tune your truck in his shop to do what ever you need it to. Top notch customer service from both companies. here is a link http://www.dieselinnovations.com/di....cts&product=34

Old 11-27-2007, 09:27 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Texas Outlaw (Scott) has the DI tunes in his truck. You may want to PM him about them. He seems to be well pleased. I have the DP tunes and am pleased also. DI is in Houston near FM 1960 and Jones Road. Bought my exhaust from them. Good people.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:01 AM
RAMPAGE_F350
Posting Guru
I went from the Diablo Predator tuner to the DP-Tuner chip, I'm very happy to say the least! www.dp-tuner.com

Old 11-27-2007, 10:53 PM
ScottInTexas
Give me coffee - Or beer!

I called Troy at DI. Since he is just in Houston. I told him about the recommendations here and got info. Since I live pretty close (about an hour away) I can drive up there, they'll burn the chip and install it while I wait. Pretty good claims too. A four position that will add a maximum of 110HP?!?!?! Once my wife gets that we're looking at a decrease in mileage and new tires! She'll be ripping all over the place! There wont be a single inch of asphalt near my house without some of the rubber in it. Birthdays can be so much fun!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Yep, it has been said that DP is not the only one that can tune a chip for the 7.3. But he is among the best. You ought to be fine there.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:28 PM
bandlgeorge
Elder User
Originally Posted by ScottInTexas
If I'm not gonna use a Banks performance chip then what would I use. I have seen DP-Tuner talked about here but a search didn't give me the company link that I need to find one. Another mentioned in this forum was from an FTE Sponsor: who would that be? According to Banks I should see a huge improvement in mileage and HP. That's what I want. But they are $450. I need to spend less. And I need it by the 20th. My wife wants it for her birthday.
How did you get her to ask for that? Where did I go wrong? I'm planning on DieselManor Isspro gauges with the new DP pod interface on a 4 gauge pod. My wife's christmas present to me. DP has a 10% off sale going on now for the holidays as well.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:54 AM
rebelchevy02
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ScottInTexas
I just ordered mine yesterday, 10% off with their "HOLIDAY" coupon!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:00 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Scott,

Why not give Jody a call at DP-TUNER and get some information from him to see if they tune the chip to do what his does. The more info the better to make a decision like this.

Just hope you don't do the " MAN WISH I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE DP-TUNER"

My .02

Old 11-28-2007, 09:32 AM
rbaker6336
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rebelchevy02
I just ordered mine yesterday, 10% off with their "HOLIDAY" coupon!
I knew I should have waited for some reason,now I feel jipped

Old 11-28-2007, 02:27 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by rbaker6336
I knew I should have waited for some reason,now I feel jipped
Was it worth the 10% you would have saved to have been able to play with your DP for so much longer than if you would have waited?

Quick Reply: Not Banks - so what?