Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
carb leaking

Old 01-13-2003, 07:02 PM
MEPR
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
carb leaking

Alrighty my f150 would run perfect exept for this, the base of the carb isnt sealing properly so it leaks bad and will not rev past idle. What do you think i could do to fix this, will just putting a bunch of gasket maker on the base of the carb work. I am only looking for a cheap temperary fix as the 4.9L will be getting a 4barel and intake soon. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-13-2003, 07:48 PM
tetraruby
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carb leaking

Reading your post, I'm thinking that you have a vacuum leak between the base of the carb and the EGR spacer? Why not just put on a new gasket? For the work involved, do it right the first time - buy a new gasket. Sometimes just tightening down the jam nuts will do it too. The last thing you want to do is suck some kind of nasty gasket goo into your motor. -my $.02 If you do replace the gasket, be leary of the metal choke tube, a lot of people forget about it, then yank on the carb effectively snapping the little metal tube - not good.

Old 01-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Vampiro
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carb leaking

replace the gasket, or try an insta-gasket compound. also dont over tighten the bolts either