1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end lift (leveling) kit. Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:45 PM
doctor_ratz
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front end lift (leveling) kit. Any suggestions?

I was thinking about putting in a leveling lift kit. I don't want to jack the truck up, but I would like to level it out. Can anyone suggest a good kit to do this. I saw a couple of kits in JEGS that use a single spring and a control bar spacer. Is this the best way to level the truck out. Is there any down side to doing this ? I don't want the front end to reach for the stars either, but I would like the truck to sit level.
Thanks

Old 10-05-2007, 03:50 PM
bigskymt
Senior User
There are a few companies that make them for your truck. Superlift, Rancho, Skyjacker. Donahoe racing makes a mini spring pack. There is also a mini spring pack I've seen on ebay. I have an early 1999 model so Superlift was my only option, the springs are sagging so bad I didn't want to go with a mini spring pack.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Powermoon
Senior User
Tuff Country also makes a 2.5 inch leveling spring pack. Similar to the DR but it also a has a relocating bracket for the trac bar. This is the setup I purchased but I haven't had time to install.

Moon

Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by doctor_ratz
I was thinking about putting in a leveling lift kit. I don't want to jack the truck up, but I would like to level it out. Can anyone suggest a good kit to do this. I saw a couple of kits in JEGS that use a single spring and a control bar spacer. Is this the best way to level the truck out. Is there any down side to doing this ? I don't want the front end to reach for the stars either, but I would like the truck to sit level.
Thanks
There are also the hanger kits that are made by several manufacturers such as Fabtech, Superlift, Skyjacker, and Donahoe among others. The advantage of hanger kits over adding springs is the hangers don't affect your ride.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Red Monkey
Senior User
I have ridden in trucks that have used both types of kits, the add-a leaf and the hanger. The hanger leveling kit trucks ride a LOT better that the add-a-leaf kit trucks. Our trucks are sprung rather stiff from the factory, when you ADD another spring to the front it makes them even MORE stiff. If I were going to use a leveling kit it would be the hanger type kit from Fabtech, Superlift or Donahoe. All three are good companies that have been around awhile and stand behind their products.
Hope this helps.
Hal

Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 AM
jkpenny376
Freshman User
Would sagging springs cause the truck to wander on the road?

Old 10-31-2007, 01:14 PM
rugermack
Posting Guru
I was just looking around at Wheeler's and saw this deal on the rubicon Express leveling kit. I installed a 6.5 on my friends truck and all brackets looked real strong. http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/fordgaragesale.htm

it was listed in their garage sale section. Kit is regularly $499. Rubicon makes a good strong lift kit. Read the add below:

Sell price was originally 499.00. This leveling system (part # RF52000) uses heavy duty front spring hangers and shackles. It includes a relocation kit for the factory steering stabilizer to increase ground clearance and remove it from it's vulnerable location under the front axle. This system also flips your front u-bolts to improve front end ground clearance. It includes a drop pitman arm and panhard bar drop kit to maintain stock steering geometry. For use with 33"-35" tires. You can use your stock shocks, or some of the shocks listed below

Last edited by horsepuller; 11-01-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: [img]http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ordernow.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2007, 06:22 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
That sounds like a good value, especially since it keeps the geometry and improves ground clearance. Wish I could see the add on the site, but it is down right now.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:21 PM
skirk55
Elder User
I put a ready lift system on my 2005 F350 Diesel 4x4. Then put 35" tires on it. The thing I regret purchasing 35" tires instead of 37" tires that would fit. Purchase the best shocks you can afford. My truck rides and drives much better than stock. This was the best money spent. For a little more money you can put on a lift kit.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was looking at leveling kits too, but after considering my pickup has 155k on it I decided to put new springs on first. I upgraded to x code springs and it raised the front a good 2 inches over where it was sitting. The springs where 360.00 delivered from directfordparts.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:49 AM
jkpenny376
Freshman User
Originally Posted by mudmaker
I was looking at leveling kits too, but after considering my pickup has 155k on it I decided to put new springs on first. I upgraded to x code springs and it raised the front a good 2 inches over where it was sitting. The springs where 360.00 delivered from directfordparts.
are the springs easy to replace?

Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Powermoon
Senior User
Wow, that RE kit looks like a really good deal. Wonder if I can send my tuff country back and purchase that. Just a thought since I haven't installed mine yet.

Moon

Old 11-01-2007, 08:42 AM
rugermack
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Powermoon
Wow, that RE kit looks like a really good deal. Wonder if I can send my tuff country back and purchase that. Just a thought since I haven't installed mine yet.

Moon
How much did the Tuff Country kit cost ? The RE kit has real strong hangers and shackles. IT looks good to get the stabilizer up out of the way, and to turn u-bolts up, for ground clearance. I installed all the parts in the picture, so I know there nice. We then used a sawsall to remove the old stabilizer bracket and touched up the paint.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:53 AM
mstiles19
Posting Guru
just wondering i want to level my truck too. my front leaf springs are sagging pretty bad and the look a lillt warped, what do you guy thing about a lift that puts all new leafs up front, not an add a leaf.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:16 AM
rugermack
Posting Guru
If they're sagging and warped I would replace them, a little sag is expected over time but warped is bad.

Quick Reply: Front end lift (leveling) kit. Any suggestions?