1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need you help guys :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:34 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need you help guys :(

well guys today i got into a wreck...4 cars involve not including the first one who left...i was on my way home from work when a cop passed me in the opposite direction, of course i looked to see how fast i was going (i was around the speed limit) and then i looked up and all was good and then i looked in the rear view to see where the cop was and when i looked back the f150 in front of me was at a dead stop. i locked them up and slammed into the back of him...if you remember i recently got a road armor bumper and from the looks of it it looked like i was going 45mph and hit him...the road armor bumper hit his ball hitch and pushed my bumper down, forcing the front 2 corners of the RA bumper into my front fenders completey buckling them...ill take some pics and show you in a little bit. it seems like the RA bumper did more damage than good...the first car stopped and the f150 stopped and here came me slamming into the f150 and the suv behind me (a kid i graduated with) hit me...it looks like he just got the hitch reciever because other than that being pushed all the way forward into my spare i just have a couple scrathces...well what are my options...the funny thing is this truck is registered under my company (my dad is the company) so im going on my own insurance tomorrow and he says im responsible for the increase on his, which is totally fine considering it was my mistake...im 22 yrs old with 3 speeding tickets and now this wreck in the past 18 months...i feel im completley screwed...who the hell is going to insure me...my first step is oing to be to put my lift, tires and rims that where suppose to go on the truck next week on ebay and try and save up as much money so maybe i can pay for this outta pocket...im really feelin like ****...i was pumped about the lift and i just got engaged, i was on cloud nine untill this ***** happened...as for the bumper, with my insurance repair it back to factory, even though the RA bumper was on there or will they give me money for a new RA bumper...lol, ya i know!!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:36 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
o ya the f150's back end was jacked up....!!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:40 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
one more thing...i cant rememebr anything aout it really, and im wondering how the hell did my front end look like it did and his back end , and my air bags not go off, nor did his... my steering wheel is off a little and the gaps between my fenders and door is off a good 1/2 inch

Old 09-05-2007, 04:50 PM
FORDSDOWNER
Elder User
Sorry to see about ur accident bud. Glad it sounds like everyone came through ok.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:30 PM
arcatek
Junior User
well that sucks are those tickets on your record or did you get them dismissed or deffered or anything like that you may still be insurable as for as your bumper it kinda depends on your insurance company as to if they will or wont pay for it, when i wrecked my motorcycle my insurance company payed for the repair minus my deducable which was great so call and ask em

Old 09-05-2007, 05:40 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
ya my head and neck is starting to hurt...no none of the tickets were dismissed...

Old 09-05-2007, 06:11 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I HEARD that Road Armor will replace your bumper if u mess it up. Somebody in the excursion forum told me about it. Is ur truck totaled? Are you going to post pics?

Old 09-05-2007, 06:13 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O i forgot to ask, was ur road armor bumper a full one or just the bumper?

Old 09-05-2007, 06:17 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
ya i talked to mike and he said they will replace it...i pay shipping there and back...600 bucks , ouch....its just the base bumper...also what is the insurance going to do? will they repair it back to stock with the factor bumper, or can i tell them i dont want it on and they send me a check for the cost since i had a aftermarket bumper? ... no its not totaled, im treying to locate my camera now, i prob. have to use my phone

Old 09-05-2007, 06:19 PM
redford
Received 1,565 Likes on 913 Posts
Take some ibuprophen. You'll need it, especially tomorrow.

Hey, don't beat yourself up, stuff happens. That's why we have insurance.

I was heading home a few years ago, driving my old F-150, following a Dodge Neon. The lane we were in suddenly ended at a construction site. I looked in the mirror, saw an opening in the traffic and floored it. The poor gal driving the Neon couldn't see the opening because of my truck so she hit the brakes. I looked forward just to see a white Neon about to be commited to a junkyard.

I hit her so hard it collapsed the trunk area, the bumper was basically against the rear seat. Gal driving had to take a few days off of work, whiplash stiffened her neck up pretty badly, but no serious injuries.

Bumper, grill and one bumper support were replaced on my truck. Insurance company paid book value for her Neon (like $12.47 or something like that) and a few grand for her trouble.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:20 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
my phone is taking crappy pics...i have to wait for my g/f's dad to get home to get his camera

Old 09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
see i dont care about the damage to my truck, or the hassle of getting it fixed...im more worried about my dad and his insurance...i dont want our insurance to boot him for my mistakes...i feel really horrible and i know im a young punk who does not have enough expirence to be driving this truck...i guess ill find out soon enough

Old 09-05-2007, 06:29 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CounterMaker
see i dont care about the damage to my truck, or the hassle of getting it fixed...im more worried about my dad and his insurance...i dont want our insurance to boot him for my mistakes...i feel really horrible and i know im a young punk who does not have enough expirence to be driving this truck...i guess ill find out soon enough
Most insurance companies have a first wreck forgiveness rule(I know state farm does) even with speeding tickets on your record(unless they have caveats for their foregiveness rule if they have one to begin with).

Old 09-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Lizard XJ
Senior User
I have been in several accidents and about lost my license, when I was 20. You live and learn, when your paying 1200 every 6 mos. for liability, you learn real quick that just slowing down is smart, the car accidents were not my fault, but they still ended up on my insurance. The worst is you could go on SR-22(if your state has that available) which is a high risk car insurance. Just check around.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:48 PM
CounterMaker
Posting Guru
ok here is my wrap sheet of the past 18 months with my new truck...prior to this truck i had 0 accidents and 1 ticket....

speeding ticket 56 in a 45
speeding ticket 49 in a 35
speeding ticket 66 in a 55
speeding ticket 54 in a 35 (he let me go)
backed into a van due to the limo tint (she never turned it in nor called me on the amount of damgae)
pole grew out of the ground and it hit me ... lol
now this accident

kinda a long list for 18 months

Quick Reply: i need you help guys :(