1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Dealer Stole My $820 Harley Special Edition Spare Tire And Rim

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:36 AM
kc10ken
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Dealer Stole My $820 Harley Special Edition Spare Tire And Rim

I still can't believe it.

I took my 2004 F-250 Super Duty 6.0 PSD Harley Davidson edition in for service last week to my local Ford Dealer, where I bought it almost 3 years ago. Three days later I noticed my spare tire (a full size 18" tire and EXPENSIVE Special edition Harley Davidson Rim) had been swapped out and replaced with a stock Ford spare tire.

I went back to the dealer and complained and the service manager had the nerve to tell me that my truck didn't even come through the factory with a a Harley Rim and that the Harley editions all have stock ford spare tires. I explained to him that the truck was a special order and most certainly had a Harley Rim on the spare because I put a padlock on it myself to prevent it from being stolen. Then the service manager told me a Harley Rim and 18" tire wouldn't even fit in the wheel well.

I really had to hold back from clocking this service manager at this point and told him to STOP insulting my intelligence because I know what I had on my truck when I brought it in because they day before I was under the truck inspecting the trailer hitch and the Harley rim and tire were there.

So now the dealer "Customer Relations" manager gets involved and tells me that I have to file a police report and they'll investigate, which I did.

I spent almost $50,000 on this truck at this dealer and an additional $5000 in the past year in their body shop so I'm a good customer to say they least. Also, my trucks been back at least 25 times for problems and service in the past 3 years.

Does anyone have any advice on who I should contact in Michigan at Ford if this dealer gives me a hard time and refuses to cough up a Harley rim and spare for me?

Thanks

Old 07-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that's crazy. I just want to remind you of the Guidelines on this site (www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html)

"You may not use this site to discuss or organize any legal action including, but not limited to, class-actions. FTE does not give legal advice or host legal discussion. If you have any legal questions or concerns, please consult your attorney."

You may discuss what to do but do not bring up any legal questions. Thanks for your co-operation. Hope it works out for you.

-Matt

Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Dogs of war
Junior User
Do you have any kind of receipts for your purchase of the wheel and tire? I'm assuming your lock and cable are missing too right?

Good luck with this.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 AM
kc10ken
Junior User
Originally Posted by Dogs of war
Do you have any kind of receipts for your purchase of the wheel and tire? I'm assuming your lock and cable are missing too right?

Good luck with this.
Sure do.

I have the original options sticker from the window when the truck was new with the VIN # and it clearly shows an extra optional Harley Wheel and tire as a spare.

Also, as I said to the service manager, WHO in their right mind would steal this tire and rim and then replace it with a stock factory ford spare (not even the right size, it's a 16") brand new with ford stickers all over it? That would NEVER happen in a public parking lot even if I had given them the opportunity, NO ONE is going to take the time to replace it, they would have just stolen it and left the well empty.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
You should have taken him to your truck and shown him your current wheels just to prove to him that he's an idiot. I'm curious about the cable and lock also. I don't think Ford corporate can/would help you with this. There is surely a copy of the original invoice and what your truck came with at the original dealer (I'm not doubting YOUR word, but print goes a LONG way). Go see your salesperson and have him give you a copy. FWIW--anyone with a die grinder can make short work of a lock/cable with no effort and it only takes seconds. Good luck to you.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:01 AM
kc10ken
Junior User
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
You should have taken him to your truck and shown him your current wheels just to prove to him that he's an idiot. I'm curious about the cable and lock also. I don't think Ford corporate can/would help you with this. There is surely a copy of the original invoice and what your truck came with at the original dealer (I'm not doubting YOUR word, but print goes a LONG way). Go see your salesperson and have him give you a copy. FWIW--anyone with a die grinder can make short work of a lock/cable with no effort and it only takes seconds. Good luck to you.
I did.

I made him stoop down and look at the spare and the rusty piece of crap screw on hardware the thief replaced my proper Ford bracket with. I had a padlock on the damn thing.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Flux
Senior User
Call your insurance company and make a claim once the police report is made out. Insurance companies have whole departments who like to find out why things went missing.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:23 AM
kc10ken
Junior User
Originally Posted by Flux
Call your insurance company and make a claim once the police report is made out. Insurance companies have whole departments who like to find out why things went missing.
Wouldn't help.

I have a $1000 deductable.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
jimh425
Senior User
Shouldn't the dealership's insurance cover it? File the police report and then contact their insurance! Also, I'm sure you could win in small claims court.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
kc10ken
Junior User
Originally Posted by jimh425
Shouldn't the dealership's insurance cover it? File the police report and then contact their insurance! Also, I'm sure you could win in small claims court.
If it comes to that then yes...I will take them to small claimes court. What really pisses me off the most was the fact that the service manager treated me like an imbecile and insulted my intelligence by saying that the truck never came through the factory with a full Harley Rim and tire as a spare even though I told him it was a special order and I still had the window sticker with the options listing to prove it.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Dogs of war
Junior User
I commend you on your patience. I would have pulled that SOB over the counter and probably done something very stupid and harsh to him. You're a better man than I.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
WishIhada7.3
Laughing Gas
sounds like a inside job......some one working there prob knew some one that needed one and figured you wouldnt notice and didnt even know what you had...and you were just the unlucky one to come through....none the less bust there *****......you know how the saying goes "the squeaky wheel gets oiled"...tell them its gonna cost them more in the end if they dont cough it up. None the less keep us posted...

Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 PM
birddog16
Senior User
Hope you made a police report out as soon as you noticed it. Something you might want to do is check EBay and the local classifieds and trader papers for your area never know the idiot might try and sell it to make a quick buck.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:32 PM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
I would get ahold of the local news and have it out. The dealer will probably ante up once they get a little publicity. Who's to say crap like this hasn't happened in the past. MOST IMPORTANTLY: FIND A NEW DEALER. I had an issue 11 years ago where the dealer tried to charge me $400 for paint protection that I didn't order. They gave me the run around for a week. Finally I called the sales manager and told him he could either refund the money or I would have a news crew at the dealer within a half hour. When I got to the dealer 15 min. later the sales manager greted me at the door with a check, and assured me everything was nothing more than a grave misunderstanding. I found a new dealer and have been treated like a King ever since. Good luck. Jeff ps. also make a claim with the BBB

Old 07-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Dogs of war
Junior User
Originally Posted by wiingnut
I would get ahold of the local news and have it out. The dealer will probably ante up once they get a little publicity. Who's to say crap like this hasn't happened in the past. MOST IMPORTANTLY: FIND A NEW DEALER. I had an issue 11 years ago where the dealer tried to charge me $400 for paint protection that I didn't order. They gave me the run around for a week. Finally I called the sales manager and told him he could either refund the money or I would have a news crew at the dealer within a half hour. When I got to the dealer 15 min. later the sales manager greted me at the door with a check, and assured me everything was nothing more than a grave misunderstanding. I found a new dealer and have been treated like a King ever since. Good luck. Jeff ps. also make a claim with the BBB
Great Idea!

Quick Reply: Ford Dealer Stole My $820 Harley Special Edition Spare Tire And Rim