3.0L Powerstroke Diesel Discuss the forthcoming 3.0L V6 Ford diesel in the F150

New Lawsuit Involving F-150 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Wow this was posted a almost a year ago and is looking true so far...... Are you psychic?

How so? Nissan is working with Cummins and the chances of Dodge using a Benz engine have gone from slim to none.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by origcharger
How so? Nissan is working with Cummins and the chances of Dodge using a Benz engine have gone from slim to none.
I thought that dodge had a benz 5 cyclinder diesel in their sprinter vans?

Old 04-13-2008, 09:56 PM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tex25025
I thought that dodge had a benz 5 cyclinder diesel in their sprinter vans?
Its more like Dodge sells a Benz/Freightliner van with their label on it.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:18 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by origcharger
I didnt know that dodge and Benz were looking so slim. I thought there was still pretty strong rumors? But that is just rumors. But I had no idea the nissan was working with cummins? Were did you hear that? But it does look like toyota is going with Hino and we know Ford is going solo. So he was somewhat right so far...

Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 PM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
I didnt know that dodge and Benz were looking so slim. I thought there was still pretty strong rumors? But that is just rumors. But I had no idea the nissan was working with cummins? Were did you hear that? But it does look like toyota is going with Hino and we know Ford is going solo. So he was somewhat right so far...

Daimler sold the vast majority of its ownership of Chrysler corporation, its no longer known as Daimler Chrysler.

2. from: Truckblog - Nissan To Build 3 New Light Duty Commercial Pickup Trucks

"Powertrain Partnerships
Nissan has partnered with Cummins Inc. for the development and supply of two diesel engines, which will meet 2010 EPA and CARB emissions standards. The engines will be tailored specifically for Nissan. The engines will be manufactured in the United States."

3. We hear Ford is going solo. F150 looks certain, I don't think I would bet the farm on the Super Duty just yet though.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM
ag30265
Posting Guru
Not psychic, just watch the market......I enjoy the game of business. But I can make a personal assessment to the statement I made a year ago......If I didn't need a truck and were in the market for a new vehicle now....my name would be on the list for a new VW diesel car......30-40 MPG and some claim higher for under $27k.....as much as I hate my wifes car(vw jetta) it does have 180k on it in 7 years and still runs strong. So I know it's off topic but hey, I don't even remember what this thread's about

But back to the thread- I've also read the reports of nissan to use navistar in their light duty P/u line so don't believe anything till you see it!
I see the advantage that the foreign makers have to use a known diesel maker...the name......people would buy a yugo if it had the right engine maker under the hood- even today!!!

So that said i'd watch yota real close over the next year; they're testing the waters with the new "bigger everything" tundra...if it finishes well expect a known diesel supplier under the hood around 2010 to boost sales even higher...then again yota is a company that likes to pave their own way so they may just stick with the in house hino to supply.

Still.....I want a good volvo design in a light p/u....but that's about as likely as cat is!

Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
origcharger
Posting Guru
"don't believe anything till you see it!"

Amen, I wonder how many of these new diesel plans by all the manufacturers are being reconsidered in light of whats happened to fuel prices and how it may effect sales of diesels.
Going it alone, being cost competitive and making a profit doing it, would seem to be tougher than ever.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:23 AM
69-highboy
Senior User
Coming from an ex-Chevy man, the way I see it another corporate entity is shirking its responsibilities. Circa 1980's, remember the Chevy Citation? They sold 'em like hotcakes, but how many do you see know? How well did G.M. stand behind them? In short they didn't, rather, G.M. chose to experiment with the public until such time as they perfected the FWD vehicle. Anybody see any irony in this, as after all, G.M. had already given us the excellent Oldsmobile Toronado and Cadillac ElDorado. Matter of fact, the way in which modern business is conducted is killing us, and to believe otherwise does nothing more than enable those who believe NAFTA is the be all and end all.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:12 PM
ag30265
Posting Guru
But NAFTA is the be all end all!!!!!.......................... It's the end of the little man and the american economy as we all know it and one step closer to the NA union and the amero!!!

I'd personally like to see it reversed and see em start taxing the livin crap outta anything that go's in or out of the US's borders!!! lets see how the company's that tucked tail and ran to canada and mehico like their profits after that and see if they wanna come back home??

Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ag30265
But NAFTA is the be all end all!!!!!.......................... It's the end of the little man and the american economy as we all know it and one step closer to the NA union and the amero!!!

I'd personally like to see it reversed and see em start taxing the livin crap outta anything that go's in or out of the US's borders!!! lets see how the company's that tucked tail and ran to canada and mehico like their profits after that and see if they wanna come back home??
That probably wouldn't work out to well for the US

Old 04-17-2008, 04:55 PM
irishammer
Senior User
IMO it's not working out too well now....

Old 04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
ag30265
Posting Guru
That's my feelings on it irish.....this isn't working.....the foreign economies are growing and ours is shrinking......our foreign policies are hurting us more then helping and it's been that way for 20 years now!

Old 04-29-2008, 04:05 AM
DAVID'S97F250HD
Posting Guru
Canadians benifited when the dollar was 60 cents to your dollar. Now that we are at par with you and less attractive to anyone else we are lossing big time in the manufacturing sector.

Don't count us out, were lossing out decent jobs to India, Mexico, ect. Its not only that labour is cheaper, you can also chalk it up to the fact that the countries people are more educated now to provide the services. Currency is the big player thats moving the companies.

The reason Toyota makes a profit every year is because 90% of the cars are made where the currency benifits the company. Then GM/ford/dodge undercuts themselves so they can still sell.

If the world was one currency, you would see goods we buy in Canada and the States go through the roof beyond what oil prices have done. Its us the consumer who goes after the cheapest deal thats blowing it for ourselves.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:24 PM
magnum300
Senior User
Chrysler is putting a benz diesel into the Jeep Grand Cherokee and MB still owns 20% of Chrysler

Old 05-16-2008, 06:25 PM
luthrobediesel
Senior User
what all kind of problems did the 6.0 have i seem to remember flames coming out of tail pipes.

Quick Reply: New Lawsuit Involving F-150 Diesel