3.0L Powerstroke Diesel Discuss the forthcoming 3.0L V6 Ford diesel in the F150

New Lawsuit Involving F-150 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 02:05 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What do you mean you can't get things like that in the US my mom lives in eastern WA state, and bought the car in Bremerton WA. You really don't have a clue do ya? A lot of people care, a lot of people understand the difference. according to what i read you writing we should all just fold up and give up but quit frankly I and a lot of people DO care so please don't come in with this WHO CARES. The whole point of this thread is about a way for people to be able to afford a truck that need it. YOu have a very bad attitude personally.
Do you have any idea why gassers are considered a sign of the rich in Europe? my guess is you don't have a clue. The reason is diesels are that much more efficient. Oh I can hear you saying how "well thats not here in tX" ok WHO CARES. This thread started about diesel engine in half ton truck. it's three pages long before you came in so my guess would be that gee a lot of people care and a lot of people can see past thier noses.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:36 AM
TheNomad
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She gets what in wa? a diesel vw Did you even read what I said.
Seeing how you can't read or read what you want to see. I'll say it again. It says you can't get e85 or any other type of fuel in well over half of the US, diesel yes Diesel is over 5bucks so I don't really care if it gets 54MPG Yay with a 20g tank that means 1080 miles per tank not bad I drive in a week 500 to 600miles a week thats about umm thats not very good come to think about it.
Around two weeks worth of driving give or take a few days.
So 20g at 18 bucks 360 for a tank for 2 weeks now a month not counting trips not looking so good gee do I eat or drive.. Now can I even afford to even drive to work sure I can if I get a motorcycle.
So no you don't have a clue. but I really don't care about what you think or think you know or who you know or what ever else I really don't care.
Diesel's that aren't pulling a 58 foot trailer or plowing a crop are going to be worthless.
If drive to work out of it and thats your lively hood then I sure it will be the best truck you can get with your hard and rightfully earned money . But if all you do is shop or go the the movies in it OR have daddy cover your fuel so you can park your neat truck at your frat house and keep my *** up all night long with your bong party's then once again more power to you more power to you all day and all night long. So I highly disagree with what you say I just hoped in and gave my two cents, maybe its I'm very tired or its I'm full of pain killers but it seems you are trying to push some buttons metaphorically speaking of course. Any ways I wash my hands of his petty conversation with you, good night Sir.

Last edited by TheNomad; 05-27-2008 at 03:40 AM. Reason: :-Blah
Old 05-27-2008, 04:12 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just because the economy is hurting in the states at the moment doesn't mean its hurting everywhere, may have slowed down here but only back to levels from 2005 which at the time were crazy, but now just seem nice because of the crazy economy we've had here in Alberta the last few years. Truck sales are still strong here and diesel and gas are right around even for pricing.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:40 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Originally Posted by TheNomad
I can read but apperently you can't even read what you type. and you still have a bad attitude and who said a thing about E85 anyway? oh yeah YOU and IF YOU COULD OR WOULD BOTHER TO READ you would see this thread was about.... what was it again oh yeah DIESEL POWERED VEHICLES. so to remind you of why you can't seem to read or type and exactly why I questioned what the heck you were saying let me quote YOU.

Thats awesome her VW gets 54mpg over mountains i'm happy thats fantastic. Her VW isn't a Truck! and where in the US can you find any of those things? Sure as heck can't find them here in Texas or 90% of the US for that matter.
So Now tell me mister WHO CARES, where in that paragraph of your that I was responding to did you say anything about not being able to get E85 in 90% of the country, what you DID say was you can't get diesel VWs in the US and I answered you. So now lose the attitude, and learn something.

Yoiu asked WHO CARES I answered you adn from that point you became abusive so you better learn to actually READ before jumping down my throat. And posting stoned is not an excuse for it either and I don't care if it's legal prescription or not.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:30 PM
ag30265
Posting Guru
My trucks haul 45 foot and 59 foot trailers.......Does that mean they will be no good?!?!?!

I will always own diesels...they are the future whether any one in the country likes it or not! They are everything that monster baby has said they are compared to gassers and if more people would buy them and "go green" as the diesels would help with then the cost of fuel would go down....due to the lesser need of gas!

Fact of the matter is that fuel will never come back down from where it's at and the economy will only have to catch up to it.....Once it does then the cost of fuel won't be such a strain on all of us...till then it's survival of the fittest!

Old 05-28-2008, 04:13 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,113 Likes on 2,172 Posts
my 02 diesel gets 18+mpg in town. my nephew has a gas version of the same truck. it gets 12 mpg in town.
diesel costs 50 cents more than gas.
i would be spending a lot more money with a gas engine than i do with the diesel.
he pays $150 to go 455 miles.
i pay $170 to go 685 miles.
so it cost me an extra $6 to go an extra 230 miles. i think i will stick to the diesels.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:26 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Here is a listing of all new diesels coming soon
New Diesel Cars - Diesel Car News - Diesel Power Magazine

Old 06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Diesel VWs are all over the place in the US, I've seen them all over on the east coast.
Yay with a 20g tank that means 1080 miles per tank not bad I drive in a week 500 to 600miles a week thats about umm thats not very good come to think about it.
Around two weeks worth of driving give or take a few days.
So 20g at 18 bucks 360 for a tank for 2 weeks now a month not counting trips not looking so good gee do I eat or drive..
What are you even saying here? None of what you just said makes any sense.

So no you don't have a clue. but I really don't care about what you think or think you know or who you know or what ever else I really don't care.
Diesel's that aren't pulling a 58 foot trailer or plowing a crop are going to be worthless.
That won't even be remotely true, with diesel vehicles getting most of the time, DOUBLE the mileage of their gas counter parts, diesel would have to be stupidly expensive before they were not worth it. Couples with the fact that a diesel engine typically lasts 300,000-600,000 miles, diesels will still be VERY worth it.

Also, I didn't see gas powered vehicles stop being sold, when diesel was around a dollar cheaper, and diesel vehicles usually had more power then their gas counterparts and STILL got twice the mileage.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:39 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by tjc transport
my 02 diesel gets 18+mpg in town. my nephew has a gas version of the same truck. it gets 12 mpg in town.
i would be spending a lot more money with a gas engine than i do with the diesel.
so it cost me an extra $6 to go an extra 230 miles. i think i will stick to the diesels.

Good Point there Tom....

Old 06-02-2008, 09:46 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc transport
That is very true, however there is the initial purchase price of the more expensive diesel motor that needs to be accounted for.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
That is very true, however there is the initial purchase price of the more expensive diesel motor that needs to be accounted for.
$5000 will pay for it self in no time with the long oil change intervals, engine life, and higher mileage the diesel gets

Old 06-02-2008, 10:21 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi
Here is a listing of all new diesels coming soon
New Diesel Cars - Diesel Car News - Diesel Power Magazine
Holy cow did you read some of the numbers on a couple of those things? Like the Audi TDI twin-turbo Power: 500 hp, Torque: 738 lb-ft. Thats impressive now I would have to really consider that one for at least a test drive. (I would love to see what the economy on it is too.)

Old 06-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
Holy cow did you read some of the numbers on a couple of those things? Like the Audi TDI twin-turbo Power: 500 hp, Torque: 738 lb-ft. Thats impressive now I would have to really consider that one for at least a test drive. (I would love to see what the economy on it is too.)
That might give your Ranger a thing or two to think about, eh?

Old 06-02-2008, 10:20 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
That might give your Ranger a thing or two to think about, eh?
in a tug a war... oh heck yeah. Going across a mud pit I somehow don't think so.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
LOL, yeah it's all in what it is designed for.

Quick Reply: New Lawsuit Involving F-150 Diesel