Sponsored by: DP Tuner

rockwell front and rearends

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:54 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rockwell front and rearends

any of you guys ever had any dealings with rockwell rearends or frontends. I talked to a guy last weekend that said he replaced the sterling and dana with rockwells. whats the pros and cons to these units.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:30 PM
totin_tools
Elder User
Usually have to run driveline brakes. Illegal in most places. My buddy has put them under a few trucks like an expolder, ranger, and a few chebbies he has had. Alot of people are now running them for the mudhole, but they are way heavy. Also have to think about other issues. Parts are not easily bought at advanced or autozone.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:51 AM
SBChero
Mountain Pass
i run them on my rockcrawler.

they’re big, heavy and strong as hell. they only come in 6.72 gearing, so a larger tire would be best to keep the power band. easiest braking is w/ pinion brakes, but this isn’t recommended w/ a street driven rig. they sell wheel disks for them, they run about 1k per axle. or i guess you could run the stock drums.<O</O

as for the weight, my setup (no drum brakes, shaved) only weigh about 150lbs more than a 1 ton axle. this is a common misconception w/ the rocks.<O</O

they do get some wheel hop, so a traction bar or linked suspension would be in order.<O</O

there’s a pretty big aftermarket for these things now so getting parts is pretty easy. but like stated above, you cant really go to the corner store and get parts.<O</O