General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

joke on office promotions

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 05:28 PM
94van
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-04-2002, 04:47 PM
kaycie83
Junior User

The Humor Network want you to get promoted...so here is what we advise...how to look busy:

Generally, this will not be a concern until you are promoted to an executive position. But once you've created the illusion that you serve even the slightest purpose at your place of "business," there's no telling how far you'll go. In the real working world, productivity is all a matter of appearances, and the glass ceiling is always to be avoided...

Appearance: You are furiously taking notes while conducting an important telephone marketing survey. Reality: Your husband just called collect from his trip to India and wants you to pick up a couple of things before you pick him up at the airport.

Appearance: You are on the phone with a client in New York and you have said, "Yes sirree! That stock is about to shoot through the roof, now's a great time to buy, I tell ya!" Reality: You are on the phone with a friend in Guam and you have said, "Yeah, this job is terrible, and my boss is such a pushy whining...Yes sirree! That stock is about to shoot through the roof, now's a great time to buy, I tell ya!"

Appearance: You are at your computer writing a serious business memorandum to your department supervisior. Reality: You are emailing feeback to the JokeMaster about not receiving your jokes consistently and how offended you are about Blonde Jokes...

Appearance: You are urgently plugging numbers into a complicated spreadsheet. Reality: You are playing Tetris.

Appearance: You are tapping away on calculator keys, helping out the accounting department. Reality: You are paying your electric bill, phone bill, AOL bill, mortgage and car payment.

Appearance: You are reading the personnel manual. Reality: You are reading the TV guide you placed in the personnel manual.

Appearance: You are staring at an empty computer screen, absorbed in deep thought. Reality: You have pressed "Escape" just in time, erasing a MacDraw portrait entitled "Supervisor with Pitchfork Wound Clinging to a Cliff."

After you fool 'em you are on your way to great success...you will probably be promoted to CEO...and from there you can play computer solitaire 'til your hearts content!!!

has anyone had a job like this besides me? no kidding i had a job just like this. the job was too easy. they thought i was such a good worker i got promoted four times.

Old 12-05-2002, 02:58 PM
brienobrien
Elder User

Since I am self employed this makes no sense to me at all.
All I can say is that it must be really boring trying to find things to fill your time with while pretending to work. I suppose one can become quite creative but one can only do so much before one goes bonkers. What happens when the suits catch you? Or are they just hanging out doing the same thing? How does anywork get done?
I guess I now understand how these giant layoffs come about. No wonder why people get mad when they are laid off

Maybe it is better to find meaningful work rather than participating in a modern day boondogle. You will benefit from it in the long run.:-)

Old 12-07-2002, 11:38 PM
kaycie83
Junior User

>All I can say is that it must be really boring trying to
>find things to fill your time with while pretending to work.
> I suppose one can become quite creative but one can only do
>so much before one goes bonkers. What happens when the suits
>catch you? Or are they just hanging out doing the same
>thing? How does anywork get done?
>I guess I now understand how these giant layoffs come about.
> No wonder why people get mad when they are laid off
>
>Maybe it is better to find meaningful work rather than
>participating in a modern day boondogle. You will
>benefit from it in the long run.:-)

see the job i had was too easy for "me". i finish my work way to fast so i would do dumb stuff to fill in my time to look busy because they didnt pay me enough to do more work (i was already do the job of four people and being payed the wage of one) and yes i quite becuase i was bored and wasnt being paid enough for the work i was doing. that is why i also own my own business.-get paid for the work you do- the only thing is you have to be in charge of yourself for this theory to work. im my own boss so it works for me.