Sponsored by: DP Tuner

EBPV delete- turbo part

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBPV delete- turbo part

I think I don't have room for my exhaust brake. . . so I want to take the valve out that is bolted to the turbine section of the turbo. . . but I need something to bolt back on that doesn't have the EBPV on it. Just the flange. Where can I get that? I still need the waste gated turbine housing. Thanks.
Tim

Old 03-22-2007, 01:22 PM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can get the cover and pedestal here: https://www.shop.lidiesel.com/catego...categoryId=153

its best to do both, if you just do the cover the actuator rod on the EBPV pedestal tends to leak

well i dont know why the link is not working www.lidiesel.com

Last edited by wlihntr; 03-22-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:38 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
What part won't clear? Does the whole assembly need to be shorter? I think some custom parts may be in order.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
John311t
Postmaster
Are you talking about taking out just the flapper inside the housing, if you take it out, you can replace the holes in the housing with a freeze plug.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
solution

I've come up with a solution. Yes Jeremy the problem is I need to make room for two exhaust pipes. . . one to the H2, and a down pipe. So I've removed the valve. . . and I'm going to bolt a piece of half inch steel to it. . . and weld my pipe onto to that. That will give me the most room. I've already got the pedestal. My welder should be here tomorrow(if not there will be hell to pay), so then I can put a few pieces together and really get this project off the ground. Depending on what time it comes in. . . I should have the H2 mounted, and the plenums welded up. And possibly some intercooler tubes done. Now I'm just wondering if I can bore a hole in my pedestal to the oil drain hole so I can drain my H2 into the same spot.
Tim

Old 03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a plug for the cross-drilled port in the pedestal. Here is a picture of it, but i think it is on the pressure side. It wouldn't be hard to do the same thing to the return side and put a fitting in it. Straight back to the sump. If you want to run a line down, there is a 3/16 plug aft of the oil cooler rear end housing, you can do that if your bypass oil isnt tapped into that.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
pressure. . .

I am thinking of using the plug down by the oil cooler for a feed line. . . but if I could tap into the pedestal for both pressure and drain, that would be ideal. Just thinking of fluid dynamics. . . . splitting that pressure port between two turbos shouldn't be a problem unless there is a restriction. I definitely don't want to be superboosting and have not enough oil flow to the turbos. What are your thoughts?
Tim

Old 03-22-2007, 10:01 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
If you can figure out how to tap into the pedistal, I think you should be just fine. The oil pump in these trucks flows about 3 times the amount of oil that's actually used, so volume shouldn't be a problem. And with the turbo being the first thing to receive oil once it's filtered (IIRC), you should be good.

If you're running both turbo's at high boost, you're probably going to be at high RPM too. Since the oil pump is a gerotor pupm, tied to the crankshaft, as you spin more RPM with the motor, the pump will also be supplying more oil.