1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

towing wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:46 AM
tokie856
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
towing wiring

I've got a 97 expedition. I am no longer receiving stop/turn/parking signals to my OEM trailer plug. The hot and ground terminals have power but not the signal/stop/parking terminals.

Looking thru the Haynes and Chilton books, neither have a wiring diagram showing the towing package wiring. I do not want to tear the underside apart to trace every inch of the wiring. I would prefer to locate any connectors or terminals to trace the problem. I have located the two connectors just under the hitch and do have hot and ground at its connector, but nothing on the other connector that is (I believe) the turn/stop/parking terminals.

Anyone have any experience with the towing package wiring and problem solving, or know where I can find a good wiring diagram?

Thanks.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tokie856
I've got a 97 expedition. I am no longer receiving stop/turn/parking signals to my OEM trailer plug. The hot and ground terminals have power but not the signal/stop/parking terminals.

Looking thru the Haynes and Chilton books, neither have a wiring diagram showing the towing package wiring. I do not want to tear the underside apart to trace every inch of the wiring. I would prefer to locate any connectors or terminals to trace the problem. I have located the two connectors just under the hitch and do have hot and ground at its connector, but nothing on the other connector that is (I believe) the turn/stop/parking terminals.

Anyone have any experience with the towing package wiring and problem solving, or know where I can find a good wiring diagram?

Thanks.
whats your email address?

Ed

Old 03-08-2007, 07:45 AM
tokie856
New User
Not to be difficult, but more for computer/data security, who are U and why do you need my email address?

Ward.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 AM
tokie856
New User
Hi Ed,
I read your reply and went straight to replying and then became security minded while responding. After sending my previous response I went back looking at your reply closer. I realized it looks like U are a member of an auto parts/service organization, and may be trying to email me some honest help or wiring diagram as my posting was requesting.

Please disregard my previous post and my pologies if it seemed offensive in asking for more info before giving my email address.
My email is : wts@mywdo.com

Thanks for your help Ed.

Ward.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tokie856
Hi Ed,
I read your reply and went straight to replying and then became security minded while responding. After sending my previous response I went back looking at your reply closer. I realized it looks like U are a member of an auto parts/service organization, and may be trying to email me some honest help or wiring diagram as my posting was requesting.

Please disregard my previous post and my pologies if it seemed offensive in asking for more info before giving my email address.
My email is : wts@mywdo.com

Thanks for your help Ed.

Ward.
I realize now you are new(3 post) I have over a 1000. I was just trying to help you.

I sent the diagram!

it's all good

Ed