2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Won't deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:22 AM
maztool
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Won't deal

trying to get some kind of deal on a new truck and i am finding out that the dealers in my area do not want to come off there msrp there are alot of good rebates right know but that is as far as they want to go i have a 05 stx supercab 4x4 that is coming off of a 2 year lease and for business reasons
want to lease again any advice will be helpfull
p.s. i am already pre approved through ford credit

Old 02-07-2007, 09:35 AM
KevinM
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like you will have to go out of your area. It amases me they are sticking to MSRP especially since Ford is hurting for revenues. You watch, when inventory builds they will be more than willing to get rid of the trucks for a competitive price.

Do you work for a company that qualifies for the Xplan, if so take advantage of it. It's about 2% above what an employee pays, and all rebates are applicable on top of it. The dealer has no bargaining power other than your trade. It is what it is under the Xplan, and they do not charge you that pretyped dealer fee. It also gets waived.

Last edited by KevinM; 02-07-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:29 AM
maztool
Junior User
self employed and don't do work for any companies that would qualify really kind of jerked off at ford right now got a great lease deal in 05 now the shaft in 07 it's not like it's my first truck had 8 ford trucks previosly plus an explorer and a taurus I could just buy the truck for 15 grand instead of turning it back in my first lease experience and possibly my last

Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 AM
ISurvivedNMU
Junior User
There are guys on the net who will sell trucks under invoice, and have them drop shipped to you. You order, or pick off someones lot, and its delivered to your door... If you need help finding one of these guys let me know, I have seen them on a few different sites.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
svt2205
Posting Guru
Get yourself an X plan pin and get a good deal. There are people over on blueovalnews.com that posted instructions to obtain one. Or buy yourself a few shares of Ford stock and contact Ford's investor relations. Ask them for paperwork so you can get the x plan pin. Trust me, worth ever penny to go this way. X plan in case your not aware of it is 0.4% below invoice. Sometimes there are X plan extra rebates and you're not required to pay doc fee's (there are some you have to pay) but they aren't supposed to impose anything other then TT&L on you.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
gcozmo
Senior User
Maztool, I'm right there with you.
I have been trying to buy a new truck for about 4 weeks now. Every time I get close to buying or ordering a new truck they come up with something different or change the deal. One dealership even tried to talk me out of ordering a new one. I QUIT!!! Maybe it's time to switch brands!!! It is no wonder that Ford is 12 billion dollars in the hole. I don't think they have any dealers (at least in my area) that want to sell a truck. I know I'm venting a little bit but all that I can get out of them is X-plan + $3000 rebate. They will not budge another dime. I did find a truck about 4 hours away that is very close to what I'm looking for and he said that he would drop another $250 but that's it. The X-plan is about .4% below invoice which on a truck with an invoice price around $35.000 equals about $65.00 below invoice price. I hope you have better luck than I have.

Last edited by gcozmo; 02-07-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
powderburn2
Junior User
Originally Posted by gcozmo
Maztool, I'm right there with you.
I have been trying to buy a new truck for about 4 weeks now. Every time I get close to buying or ordering a new truck they come up with something different or change the deal. One dealership even tried to talk me out of ordering a new one. I QUIT!!! Maybe it's time to switch brands!!! It is no wonder that Ford is 12 billion dollars in the hole. I don't think they have any dealers (at least in my area) that want to sell a truck. I know I'm venting a little bit but all that I can get out of them is X-plan + $3000 rebate. They will not budge another dime. I did find a truck about 4 hours away that is very close to what I'm looking for and he said that he would drop another $250 but that's it. The X-plan is about .4% below invoice which on a truck with an invoice price around $35.000 equals about $65.00 below invoice price. I hope you have better luck than I have.

what do you want? They cant give it to you for free.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:52 PM
maztool
Junior User
customer relations lady called two times a day all last week telling me about all the good deals and rebates wanted me to come running in i am very busy trying to make a delivery date on a job so dont really have the time for the dog and pony show tried to talk to a salesman on the phone a couple of times and got the runaround very frustrating maybe if i make an apperance they will finally stop acting like the fools they are thank you all for letting me share my misadventures

CHRIS

Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe you should visit the New Buyers forum here on FTE, and see what kind of info they can throw your way.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
powderburn2
Junior User
Originally Posted by powderburn2
what do you want? They cant give it to you for free.
Upon looking at my reply I noticed it looked like a smart remark. Sorry, did not mean it that way.
I just bought a new 2007 Five hundred for the wife via an internet quote. With the X plan and 3500 in rebates it was over $5000 off MSRP. I tried to bump them down some more but to no avail. I really think we got the best price possible on the car. I would suggest you try getting a price quote via the net from your local dealer as it really is no hassle. As someone else has mentioned before, X-plan pins are available for free at blueovalnews.com

Old 02-07-2007, 06:51 PM
VFR_Man
Elder User
Where do you guys live that the dealers are so fat and happy?
In the Denver-Northern CO area, the dealers I talked to were willing to sell at invoice or a few hundred under without blinking an eye, and this is truck country, especially with the last month and a half of snow we've had. If a dealer even wanted to talk MSRP, I'd have to laugh and walk off.

As was mentioned, try the internet sales route, or make sure the particular dealer knows you are going to talk to other dealers too. A little competition will usually make a dealer start singing a different tune.

I'm surprised there are any dealers left as arrogant as you described with Toyota eatin' their lunches these days.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:04 PM
baitmaster
Posting Guru
searches

As I stated in another topic, I bought my '05 after 2 hrs of Internet searches. I looked at more trucks on that, than I would have driving around for a couple of weekends. As a result, I found this one with 3500 m on it, and in pristine shape. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for, so I bought the 6 yr ext warranty to go with it. So before I drove off with it, they changed the oil, filled the tank, and washed it. I was a happy camper.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
gcozmo
Senior User
Powderburn2, I didn't take it as an insult but you have to be here to see how these dealers are acting. I built the truck I wanted and told them that I was putting down $15,000 and wanted to finance with FMC the rest which is around $18,000. I did this with one dealer that told me that I really didn't want to order one and made me feel like that I was forcing him into ordering me a truck. The other dealer told me that if I ordered one that I liked that he would do better on the Xplan + $3,000. When I filled out the order and was working out the details and settling on a price he developed a memory loss on what he had said earlier. He said that he understood that I was upset and that he would get back to me the next night about working something out and that was 2 weeks ago. My family and I have spent close to $100,000 with this dealer in the past ten years and I was expecting a little more than your basic deal that anyone can get. I guess I am a little disgusted with the whole deal right now!!

Last edited by gcozmo; 02-07-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
96f150
Fleet Mechanic
maztool, I think I'm going to run into the same thing. I have about 10 mos left on my 06 lease, and I don't know if I'll buy it out at the end or go for a new lease of a supercrew 6.5 bed. Time will tell

Old 02-08-2007, 07:06 AM
maztool
Junior User
thanks for all the repleys going to check into the x plan and explore the options you all have suggested i am glad this site is here once again thank you to all

CHRIS

Quick Reply: Ford Won't deal