1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

1997 Transmission Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:46 PM
mueller_ford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 Transmission Question

I have a 1997 Powerstroke with a Tony Wildman 4 stage chip on it. I had them leave out the transmission part of the program because I am also running a Banks Transcommand. When I was driving it made a hard shift and now my overdrive off light just constantly blinks and it will not go into overdrive. Is this pretty much the tell all sign that I have get my tranny rebuilt? or could it be something with having the chip and the transcommand on it

Old 01-20-2007, 02:52 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no neccesarily a new tranny needed. best thing to do is get the trans code read and see where that points. could be a speed sensor or other elctrical issue. best thing would be to take your transcommand off and sell it to some poor sap on ebay then have tony reburn your chip with trans porgramming in there.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:34 PM
mueller_ford
New User
how do i get the transmission codes because they do not show up on dtc's and it started working again which tells me that it is not something mechanical because overdrive would not just come back

Old 01-23-2007, 05:43 PM
uvbensmoked
New User
I have the same problem with my truck. I brought it to my buddy and the trans code was indicating its a trans slip but my trans only seems to do this when its been raining for a few days. My mechanic said it could have to do with moister getting into the sensor making the trans act the way it dose. it usually turns off after a day or two so im not real concerned when this happens and i also have another car so i drive that when the truck acts up. and my truck is totally stock.