Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:22 AM
fishfiles
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Radio

I have a sirius connected to a Sony radio in my 2006 ford 350 , it won't always do it but it happens alot , I am having problems with losing the signal and having to link up and or reset the radio after parking , I have talked to techs at Sirius and they tell me it's not a reception problem but a wiring problem , they are telling me it has to do with the delay of the radio turning off for up to 10 minutes after the key is put in off postion or untill the door is opened , the problem is when you park the truck and then restart sometimes you have to reset the radio because Sirius is not there , they say to turn the radio off before you kill the truck , it seems to help but this doesn't always work , I think I am going to have to by pass the smart plugs from the truck wiring harness to the sony and wire the radio up direct , has anyone experienced something like this , and what did you do to fix it , thanks for any replies

Old 01-12-2007, 12:10 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What model Sirius radio do you have? We had the Xact visor models and although mine worked without any problems, my girlfriends went bad this past week. So we upgraded to a little better model.

My radio would always tune to the channel that it was last tuned to when I started the truck. Of course I always turned my unit off before I killed the engine or just after killing it and never had a problem. Her radio on the other hand would go back to the default channel of 184 when she started hers up and it acquired it's signal. Mine had/has power to it all the time via the 12v power point on the dash so mine is also set to go off in the event I forget but having an 8 year old son who is autistic, he manages to always turn it on or off for me when riding with me.

I have my g/f's radio plugged into a 12v outlet that is hot at all times but she still had problems. Just a bad radio. She got mad when hers quit and went and bought us both new Starmate radios.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:58 AM
fishfiles
New User
The Sirius radio is Sony it is hidden in the dash but seperate from the Sony 500 radio , if I turn the truck off with the radio on , 50 % of the time when I get back in I have to pull the face plate and hit the reset button because Sirius is not even available , it seems to have something to do with the delay of the radio turning off for 10 mminutes after the key is pulled out iginition or until the door is open , think it's has to do with where the power is coming from as I use smart cables to make the connections , think I am going to have to cut the factory plug and route the power lines to another source

Old 01-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Wizard Racing Team
New User
How do you get the stock radio out? I have an 06 F250 and would like to direct connect my Sirius to the aux option. I am having a problem with the FM transmitter strength. I have 2 Sirius Ones, one for the work truck and one for my personal vehicles. The 1 for my personal vehicles is the one acting up.

Tech seems to be undermanned toady at Sirius, since I was able to log on to here, search for a similar post, and be able to post in that time.