Colorado Blizzard Slideshow

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Colorado Blizzard Slideshow

Hey Everyone,

Well I know all of you have probably heard about the lovely Colorado blizzard that left thousands stranded last night and is still happening. I got out from work at about noon yesterday, the snow started at around 6 a.m. By the time I left work, there was close to a foot of snow on the ground. Stroke didnt even break a sweat. I did a little grocery shopping and parked the old girl at around 2:30. At that point, we had about a foot and a half. The snow you see building up on the top of the truck is not representative of how much snow is out there. I am 5'6", and when I was walking around taking these pictures, my panties were getting wet. That puts my snow total guestimate at around 3 feet, not including the drifts. Blizzard advisory is still in effect, until noon or later so I heard. See below for picutres.

Above is the view from outside of my garage. There is about 3 foot or more piled up right there. I have a feeling there is a lot more snow out in the unprotected areas. We have lots of trees, and a fence protecting the driveway.

The view down my driveway. That blue vehicle you see out in the street is a lifted Bronco.

Closer view of the snow-packed stroke. I wish I could have gotten a picture of me next to hear, to give you a scale of the snow. Red is pretty tall, almost 8 foot to the top of the truck. When I stand next to hear, my head comes to just an inch above my side mirrors.

Back view.

View looking up my driveway. I'll have fun slinging some snow later. I know there are quite a few other Coloradoans on our forum, I would be interested in seeing their photos as well!!

Last edited by Smokin'; 12-21-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whats all that white stuff smokin? and did she crank after you got the new batts and GPR.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by amiller93
Whats all that white stuff smokin? and did she crank after you got the new batts and GPR.
That white stuff is called SNOW, I know you dont see much of that in Alabama.

Actually when I left work yeserday, it was cold with a foot of snow on the ground and red had been parked for a solid 5 hours so plenty of time to get really really cold. She started up right away no problems with only one glow plug cycle, no white smoke and no ROMP ROMP, so I think i've got her fixed. New GPR and batts seem to have solved my cold starting woes.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My wife and I were supposed to fly out yesterday afternoon. Denver airport closed yesterday and won't open until tomorrow.

In the mean time, the Dirty Donk gets to play in the snow. I may break out the Hondas and have fun as well. Just have to climb over the 5 foot tall snow drift in my front yard.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:17 AM
rad1026
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent pic smokin!! We got over a foot here in Alb. which is the most we have gotten from one storm in over 6 years. It's funny how a little snow shuts the whole town down. Sure is pretty outside.

when I was walking around taking these pictures, my panties were getting wet
Is that cuz the snow was so deep, or cuz??? well, maybe we'll just leave that one alone... Sorry, I couldn't help it. don't think bad of me

Old 12-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by rad1026

Is that cuz the snow was so deep, or cuz??? well, maybe we'll just leave that one alone... Sorry, I couldn't help it. don't think bad of me
I should have put my perv goggles on and read that again before I posted it.

Now I love my truck, but not THAT much!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Snow oh Ok we had some of that 5 or 6 years ago! LOL if we get 3 inches on the ground around here the State shuts down, I would hate to imagine what would happen if we got that much.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:26 AM
John311t
Postmaster
We dont see much of that in Michigan anymore either. It has snowed a total of 2 inchs this year and it all melted now. It wont even get cold enough for snow to fall now.

Originally Posted by Smokin'
That white stuff is called SNOW, I know you dont see much of that in Alabama.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
MTDewX
Posting Guru
Well I am Jealous. you guys are the only ones that will have a white Christmas. and if I offended anybody cause i said Christmas, guess my repsonse would be What ever.

I am in MT and heading to OR, so I am sure I will get Rain. Yippee. would rather have SNOW that deep. when we get that much snow, I suddenly feel a cold come on and I Have to take the day off, cause my DR is call POWDER and the local ski hill.

but that much snow in town rocks, but still makes for a very hard comute, cuase the retards on driving seem to come out.
Good luck my friend and send some of the white stuff my way lol

Old 12-21-2006, 09:42 AM
John311t
Postmaster
Yeah, send some snow my way. I got my snowy ready to rip but it just sit there until the snow falls and stays!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by MTDewX
but that much snow in town rocks, but still makes for a very hard comute, cuase the retards on driving seem to come out.
Good luck my friend and send some of the white stuff my way lol
My philosophy is that there are ALWAYS retards out, but when it snows they just happen to get stuck so you notice them more. I always get a kick out of "Guermo" and how he always happens to think that his Honda Civic with spinners is going to make it through 2 feet of snow. Actually we've had a bit of a problem with it as the major interstates (all of which I think were closed down overnight) are littered with abandoned cars. Tow trucks are busy trying to clear the roadways so the plows can get through. I'll will some of this snow your way, we've definitely had enough.

My boyfriend works for Union Pacific, and couldn't get home last night because the roads were closed. He managed to sled his work truck all the way to my house (05' super duty). It was about 8 p.m. by the time he left work and said it looked like a war movie, with refugees, as scores of people were walking down the main roadways through the snow as they had just abandoned their cars.

I might venture out later to see what my parents are up to and make sure they can get out of their house. My dad has a Grizzly with a plow so I am sure his driveway (and a dozen of his neighbors) have been plowed.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by MTDewX
and if I offended anybody cause i said Christmas, guess my repsonse would be What ever.
BTW as far as I am concerned, if anyone reading this is offended by the word CHRISTMAS, they need to take the stick that's lodged up their rear end and jam it all the way up their politically correct A$$ until they choke on it.

Merry CHRISTMAS!

Old 12-21-2006, 10:07 AM
rad1026
Elder User
Both my kids went snowboarding today on thier new boards and its not even Christmas yet. It's not right that they get to use their new stuff before Christmas and I don't even get to go with them.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:13 AM
04F150SC
Senior User
I agree with you John, here in ST. Clair County MI, we have only gotten about 3 inche (then it melts). I mean a couple days ago it was 55 in the middle of December. No snow in the forecast. Happy Holidays!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:02 PM
BuickTurbo
Elder User
What is this S N O W thing you speak of?

Quick Reply: Colorado Blizzard Slideshow