Notices

Truck Addons tracking

Old 11-03-2006, 09:28 AM
joeypurcell
Senior User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Truck Addons tracking

Morning, does anyone know another way to track packages other than by email for Truck Addons? I purchased a bed cover over 2 weeks ago, and after 3 emails sent I have heard nothing back from Truck Addons. I do not want to call the order line if there is a seperate number to call that I am unaware of. I doubt there is any problems, I would just like to make sure I am going to around when the package comes in. Thanks for any help.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 PM
joeypurcell
Senior User

I got my response from Truck Addons this afternoon, so later is better than none at all.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 PM
jfarm
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
their retail store is located where i live and imo i wouldnt buy a thing from them if my life depended on it, they are a joke

Old 11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
joeypurcell
Senior User

Well come to find out, they ship directly from the manufacturer (Extang), so that is the long wait period. I thought they stocked it. Not a big deal to me, just like to know what is going on

Old 11-23-2006, 10:19 AM
joeypurcell
Senior User

Well so much for seeing or hearing anything on my Extang bed cover. The one and only respose I received was on the 3rd. of this month. That email stated it will ship in 7 days from Extang and to email back for a tracking number. Well after 4 emails requesting a tracking number after the 7 days went by, I have no tracking number, no bed cover, and no clue what is going on. If it takes this long, that is fine, but it would be nice if someone would let me know. The order was placed with Truckaddons on the 17th of Oct.

*NOTE* Truckaddons, if you monitor this section, could you please shoot me an email as to the status of my order. If I do not hear anything, I am just going to call your order line instead of going through your email tracking system.

Last edited by joeypurcell; 11-23-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:59 PM
jfarm
Freshman User
hopefully others will also notice the lack of service from this company

Old 12-12-2006, 12:29 AM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had similar problems with Truck-Add Ons. They are real good about blowing you off. Don't answer e-mails, Return calls. About the only person that you can get a hold of easily is a salesman. Go figure.

I won't go into all the details but basically they stiffed my for a cover that wouldn't fit my truck. Finally the manufacturer (Undercover) stepped in and replaced my cover. Great people and service at Under Cover. They really care about their product and reputation!

Well maybe I will go into detail about it. I found the old thread .... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/3...sale-rant.html

Try calling truck add ons # and go to the company directory and ask for Barry Sanders. He is the owner. Maybe he can help.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:44 AM
joeypurcell
Senior User

Thanks for the post. I finally got the cover at the end of last week. Almost 2 months to get it. A person named Paige was the only one who seemed to help after they got my request for the 6th time for tracking. This will be my last time shopping with them though, never had these issues before with other vendors. At least the cover is the correct one and is fine.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:51 AM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
Great news. Atleast they are getting a little better. LOL

Old 12-12-2006, 08:36 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
It's a shame that they're one of the site sponsors, and can't seem to quite follow through on their investment by adequately supporting the FTE participants. I apprecaite the heads up on these folks. I won't take the risk of ordering anything from them based on what I've read here... that is, unless a whole bunch of other folks chime in with more positive experiences.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:10 PM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
I'm sure there are plenty of happy customers out there also. I have a few friends that have ordered from them with know problem at all. Seems like you only hear about the bad stuff. They have good prices. To bad they customer service is so terrible.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:48 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Studies have shown that...

1) a satisfied customer will, on the average, tell 3-4 people about his/her experience,

2) a dissatisfied customer will tell 12 people about his/her experience, and

3) a customer who was dissatisfied but had the problem resolved to their satisfaction will tell 15-17 people about their experience.

The moral is not to go around making mistakes so you can then make your customers happy, because ultimately you'll get the reputation of never being able to do anything right the first time. The moral is just what 97Centurion was alluding to... the amount of griping you hear is not always the best measure of a company's success.

The reality, still, is that it is hard for someone to offer business to a company whom they have only heard negative things about.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:55 PM
ericsmith32
Elder User
Got a little bored tonight and found this. So did you get this figured out? I wondered if they got any better after the problems I had with them a couple years ago, I guess not. I never got the parts I ordered from them, numerous phone calls, emails etc. I don't even have the truck anymore but that was over $300 lost. I almost think less of FTE with them as sponsor but hey money is money, almost still a great site.

----Never mind looked through the post again. Glad it worked out good others probably won't be as lucky.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Razor404
Freshman User
Thats too bad...was looking at ordering some stuff from them.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:14 AM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Razor404
Thats too bad...was looking at ordering some stuff from them.
Don't, you'll regret it. Took me 5 weeks and too many phone calls to get my order, never once got a reply form e-mail.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truck Addons tracking