got my injectors back

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my injectors back

Wow. . . .
Ron at hypermax has had my injectors for a few days. . . . he finally got the time to work on them, and I got them in the other night. What a fantastic difference. It won't smoke now unless I hammer down. I mean there is still tons of smoke when I want it. . . but virtually none when I don't. Power is better also. Most noticeably at the top end. . . I think the HPOP can keep up with these. The nozzles are definitely smaller. I could still see the holes. . . but not like before. He changed something else also. . . he wouldn't tell me what Should I unplug my computer to reset it now that I have changed the injectors again? I havn't gone but 200 miles yet. . . and so far I havn't noticed a milage change based on my guage. i'm not too worried because that thing isn't super accurate. But Still a thought. Thanks guys.
Tim

Old 10-29-2006, 06:38 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well that is good to hear. I'm glad that you like the fact of not having smoke when you don't want to, and having lots of smoke when you do. It looks like the smaller nozzles gave you better low end power, and certainly better drivability.

Now time to shoehorn that other turbo back in there.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:26 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kind of injectors are you running from HMax? Splits, singles, hybrids, etc...? I must have missed a post about them.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jtharvey
I must have missed a post about them.
Yeah, me too. As far as resetting the computer, I don't think that you will realize any gains or losses. I don't think our PCMs work like the gassers, though it wouldn't hurt to try. Just don't think there is anything there. It's gonna run the algorythmm that's in there.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Here's the thread that started it all.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...or-theory.html

Old 10-30-2006, 09:58 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, apparently I didn't miss that one. This cold I've gotten over the past couple of days is really messing with me. Obviously, my brain is not working 100%.

Glad you got things back and they are working well for you. I wouldn't worry about resetting the computer. But, it certianly won't hurt anything, I just don't see it as necessary.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
turbo

yes, next is the big shoe horn. . . probably do that the beginning of december. . . as I'm finishing my private this month, and finishing my Airframe and powerplant mechanic rating at the end of the month. I'll keep you posted, and be asking questions
Tim

Old 10-30-2006, 07:54 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Hiflyer746
Wow. . . .
Ron at hypermax has had my injectors for a few days. . . . he finally got the time to work on them, and I got them in the other night. What a fantastic difference. It won't smoke now unless I hammer down. I mean there is still tons of smoke when I want it. . . but virtually none when I don't. Power is better also. Most noticeably at the top end. . . I think the HPOP can keep up with these. The nozzles are definitely smaller. I could still see the holes. . . but not like before. He changed something else also. . . he wouldn't tell me what Should I unplug my computer to reset it now that I have changed the injectors again? I havn't gone but 200 miles yet. . . and so far I havn't noticed a milage change based on my guage. i'm not too worried because that thing isn't super accurate. But Still a thought. Thanks guys.
Tim
Hi, Tim, glad to see another IL peep
how much were those injectors?