6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Texas State Fair Photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 09:29 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Read this article. It says fully one-half of Ford's profits come from F-series pickups. If you felt a certain amount of intensity in Ford's presentation at the Texas State Fair, it was certainily because Ford knows the critical importance of this truck. Without the F-series buyers, I'm afraid Ford wouldn't be around.

http://www.voanews.com/english/Ameri...1-27-voa51.cfm

Old 12-19-2006, 05:15 PM
DFord79
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would in my humble estimation predict....That if the new, meaning 2008 and beyond, Super Duties and F-150s are not at least as succesfull as in the previous few years Ford is done. I will even define it further. If Fords new Diesel,80% of all Super Duties are equiped with the diesel, has problems like the 2003's did. Ford is done. I love Fords and intent on buying a new Super Duty in the next couple of years. But they had better get the Diesel right. The chassies are good...but then Dodge and GM are upgrading their chassis for 08. Toyota will build a REAL heavy duty truck in the next few years. Is there room for Ford in the mix? I hope so. Realitity says the more choices of vehicles, someone has to close the doors. I just hope it isnt Ford.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
RobertH
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Only one thing missing here is the GPS system built into the dash! Otherwise, a perfect rig!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't the trucks make up MORE than half of what is sold though? If thats the case that means they're making more money on the cars they sell.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
DFord79
Senior User
The article says "more than half of Fords profits come from the F series trucks". Ford sells around 900,000 F series trucks each year. The profit on these trucks is anywhere from 7,000 to 15,000 each. ALL (Lincoln to Focus vehiles) sales numbers are going to be around 1.4 million est. for the year for a total of somewhere around 2.3 million. But car profits are less than half (with a few low volume exceptions suck as Lincoln town car whitch has a whopping profit margin)of what the truck profits are. Ford does not tell the exact numbers of profit but some small cars only have about 2,000 to 3,000 profit for the factory and rebates cut into that. So ya think Ford might be putting most of its apples in the F series cart? But wait....there is more. What if gas goes so hight that even the most loyal truck fans start buying cars intead of Trucks and big SUV's. Does that mean Ford is dead because they depend so much on truck sales? I think all american automakers are in the same boat. Thats why Toyota and the other foreign auto makers might be shying away from building REAL trucks. They only need to depend on good car sales. And they already have that. Toyota made a statement in a press release a few monthys back they intend to be Number #1 in the world in the short future. In an article from Toyota to the Japanese media...."toyotas goal is to put American auto makers out of business in the next two decades" NO ****....they don't really want anyone to exist but them. They are cash heavy now with billions to spend. Profits go back to japan. Sure they employ auto workers here but with less benefits than the big three give. Bottom line is....WE buy toyotas and profits go to Japan. America looses another institution that made us strong. Since I am on a soap box.....DID YOU KNOW....THE US CONTRACTS OUT OVER 60% OF ALL MILITARY CONTRACTS TO FOREING COUNTRYS. AND ...95% OF ALL MILITARY SMALL ARMS AMUNITION IS MADE BY FOREIGN COUNTRYS....I DON'T THINK WE CONTROLL OUT DESTINY MUCH ANYMORE IN SPITE OF THE REST OF THE WORLD PRECIEVING US AS BULLIES???? MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Chris_in_Texas
Senior User
Hey RobertH,

The 2008's do have the navigation system, at least they did at the fair, the F450 King Ranch did.

Chris

Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
DFord79
Senior User
http://www.sunrisefordfleet.com/pdfs...er%20Guide.pdf

Here is the order guide for the new F-450. Listing all standard features and options.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:29 PM
DFord79
Senior User
And yes the Navagation is an option. Matter of fact I can't think of anything thats not an option on the F-450. Has REAR seat DVD...just about everything you can get on any vehicle made. You can get everything you can find on a Mercedies or BMW in a truck. For less money...that is if you have 55,000 to spend for the Lariat King Ranch version. I heard someone say the F-450 didn't have the King Ranch...yes it does. Its an otion on the Lariat package. THERE IS NOTHING NO OPTIONAL on this truck. It has the whole parts bin availible. Some things as you will notice are now standard on the F-450 that used to be optional...such as hitch reciever and chrome wheels. Even the trailer brake option is standard if you order your truck with the optional auto. trans. One other thing of note. Look at the alternator put out, you can light a city with the otional alternators. And the optional 33,000 GCVW package....wow....

Old 12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
DFord79
Senior User
I just came from the GM forum. You should hear the guys over there. They are making excuses. They are really trying to beat this new F-450 up. Saying its an inbetween truck and really not much more than the 350. OMG...someone needs to read the fine print..lol. The rear axel is a Dana 110. The front axel is the wide hybrid dana 80. Special to this truck. Turning radius is almost 13 feet tighter than either DODGE or GMs one tons. The frame is a bybrid also. F-550 rails as are the other F series trucks..but for the 450 its beafier. Look at the load carring capacity. It is listed at 6150#. And can tow 24,500 lb fifth wheel. I think this truck could probably satisfy most camper needs. Remember these numbers are revised for 08 FEDERAL standards for capacity. Just like the fuel milage on cars is going to be revised for 08 to represent REAL driving conditions. The numbers on some of these 50 ppg rigs...and going wayyyyyy down. Cause the really dont get what they say..OMG..Maybe we can get some truth? LOL

Old 12-20-2006, 06:45 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
The truth is going to be painfully obvious within a couple of months after the first real trucks hit the streets. We all know they are going to be snapped up by Ford enthusiasts and those people are going to be all over the forums telling the rest of us poor saps how cool (or not cool) the truck is. That's when the GM & Dodge guys are going to have something to talk about and I'm betting they're just going to be making excuses.

I really think Ford has leap-frogged the other manufacturers with this model. Ford's public perception took a beating with the 6.0 and they know the gravity of the situation if this model doesn't deliver. Logic screams that the best American manufacturer with the best products learned their lesson and will not repeat that same mistake.

My money (litterally) will be on the superior product, which promises to be the '08 Superduty.

Last edited by EpicCowlick; 12-20-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:02 PM
RobertH
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great to see the option....assume it will be available for the F250 also being they are the same dash/interior I would have to believe. Would love to see what the navigation system looks like.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:15 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by RobertH
Great to see the option....assume it will be available for the F250 also being they are the same dash/interior I would have to believe. Would love to see what the navigation system looks like.
There's a picture of the nav system installed in an '08. Go to:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/Trucks/2008superduty/

Go to the Interior section and click on the Satelite Navigation bullet. It's a photo of what looks like a color LCD screen with a map embedded in the stereo. Looks pretty cool.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:45 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Ford and Chevrolet are combining for their usual huge spaces but take a look at the exhibitor plan for the next show. Check out how much space Toyota is reserving. You know they are going to make a big splash with their new truck. I wouldn't be surprised if they plan to have signs all over that say "We're number 1". We knew it was coming and here it is.

http://www.bigtex.com/autoshow/exhibitorlink/moveinschedule/auto_truck_floorplan_new.pdf

Last edited by EpicCowlick; 03-05-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Jones02SportTrac
Ford and Chevrolet are combining for their usual huge spaces but take a look at the exhibitor plan for the next show. Check out how much space Toyota is reserving. You know they are going to make a big splash with their new truck. I wouldn't be surprised if they plan to have signs all over that say "We're number 1". We knew it was coming and here it is.

http://www.bigtex.com/autoshow/exhibitorlink/moveinschedule/auto_truck_floorplan_new.pdf
That is a lot of space for Toyota...compared to the FORD truck space.

biz

Old 03-09-2007, 09:55 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Actually, that is typical but, don't let the square footage lead you astray. What you see is outside the main pavilion. Ford truck also has a big presence inside. Also, for the last couple of years, Toyota has presented a mere handful of trucks. Nothing special.