2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Expedition Navigation system

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:11 AM
mshane126
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have an aftermarket Pioneer in-dash system integrated with the rear entertainment? Also, do the steering wheel controls still work?

Old 04-08-2007, 11:35 AM
scarface78
Junior User
Originally Posted by mshane126
Does anyone have an aftermarket Pioneer in-dash system integrated with the rear entertainment? Also, do the steering wheel controls still work?
Once you upgrade to AFTERMARKET PIONEER SYSTEM rear controls don't work any more ... Pioneer offers Rear and Front Remote Controls for all Passangers ... since Pioneer System is THREE ZONED which means you can have Navigation, Radio or CD and DVD playing all at the same time if you have Optional Rear Screens. I have no Idea if if works with Factory Rear Entertainment System ... I never had one I just Installed Extra Two 7" Screens in Headrests ... way cheaper and Better Quality.
Have a LOOK:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ame78/Pic7.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ame78/Pic6.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ame78/Pic5.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ame78/Pic4.jpg

Last edited by IB Tim; 05-06-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:39 PM
mshane126
New User
Thanks Scarface, but, I bought a 2007 off the lot that has the factory installed rear entertainment system. I am looking to see if anyone knows if I can integrate the rear system with an aftermarket unit like the pioneer.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
scarface78
Junior User
Originally Posted by mshane126
Thanks Scarface, but, I bought a 2007 off the lot that has the factory installed rear entertainment system. I am looking to see if anyone knows if I can integrate the rear system with an aftermarket unit like the pioneer.
I know it would Probably work with REAR Screen of your Entertainment System but Pioneer wouldn't control your Rear DVD Player since Pioneer Uses specific 30 (I believe) Pin RGB Cables to connect their Components.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:37 PM
jujuman
New User
Wildcat_1,
I'd like the instructions to unlock the OEM navigation on my Expedition EL
Jujuman

Old 05-06-2007, 01:15 AM
belfast
New User
Wink Navi system

Picked up our new 07 Expedition Limited about 4 weeks ago LOVE IT it came with the Navi system in great system ,like all navi sys it just has to be learned. It will please you how well detailed the maping is. Whatever feels good to you will be your best choice.
Belfast

Old 05-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Randy B
Junior User
That makes 2 of us!

Would you please share?!

Randy B

Originally Posted by jujuman
Wildcat_1,
I'd like the instructions to unlock the OEM navigation on my Expedition EL
Jujuman

Old 05-06-2007, 07:24 AM
belfast
New User
use the cd that came with the system,,,,thats all I had to do.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 AM
jujuman
New User
What did you do. My request is:
How do you hack the NAV system to allow use of all the functions while driving.
I have seen the "parking brake ground" option I'd like to avoid that. I've looked a the f150online site that has a lot of info but no hack yet.

In addition I'd like to install a reverse camera with play to the nav system Like my wifes toyota. There is a company that makes a mod for the toyota system to put in aftermarket sat radios/camera systems. My local stereo dealer syas that some company is working on it.

Finally has anyone put in the triptunes advance w/ harness on the expedition/nav stereo? I though I saw that it does not work on nav systems. I know ford is put the nice AUX jack but i'd like to control from the radio with info on the screen. I saw the "SYNC" system demo at http://www.syncmyride.com/?cmp=Sync_SUB_2_01072007. thanks for waiting till 08 ford. I hope it has retrofit capabilities.

As a side note, you can not play a dvd loaded with MP3 in the dvd player and make it work. I used a DVD+R. I do not know if a -R will work. Will keep you informed.

Jujuman

Old 05-12-2007, 12:54 PM
scnname
New User
The factory navigation system is made Pioneer...

Old 05-25-2007, 08:20 PM
stimpy4242
New User
Can someone post the details on bypassing the safety? Maybe with pictures? Also you must be able to get the DVD to play on the front panel...if you can hook a rear view camera, you have to be able to do this...PM if you want too.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Randy B
Junior User
Just to be clear...

Several of us have requested the knowledge to bypass the factory 07 nav, and none of us have received instructions or guidance in how to do so correct? So the miscellaneous comments of it is able to be hacked are myths so far?

I would surely like a specific work around at this point. My Mercedes is gives the unlock option from the factory and I just purchased a harness with a script built in for my Lexus. I'm going to contact those people and see if they have a work around for this unit since no one else does.

Randy B

Old 06-23-2007, 06:25 AM
fordmanss12
Mountain Pass
i'd also like to unlock mine and find a way to add a backup camera - possibly through some sort of a PAC add-on. If anyone has info it would be greatly appreciated.

David

Old 06-28-2007, 09:28 PM
CarbonClear
Senior User
Originally Posted by Randy B
Several of us have requested the knowledge to bypass the factory 07 nav, and none of us have received instructions or guidance in how to do so correct? So the miscellaneous comments of it is able to be hacked are myths so far?

I would surely like a specific work around at this point. My Mercedes is gives the unlock option from the factory and I just purchased a harness with a script built in for my Lexus. I'm going to contact those people and see if they have a work around for this unit since no one else does.

Randy B
Hello everyone!

I would like the same information on how to unlock the dvd on my nav as well and possibly add a back up camera as well.

Actually Mercedes doesn't allow for the navigation to be unlocked. Depending on the dealer your car was purchased some will unlock it by using the star diagnostic to unlock it. Randy sounds like you need a to get a tv tuner for your command as well :-)

Old 07-01-2007, 09:36 AM
namrehs300
Senior User
Originally Posted by CarbonClear
I would like the same information on how to unlock the dvd on my nav as well ..
Last year, I was going to install a Pioneer AVIC in my F250. I went to a good auto stereo dealer. He said that in earlier units of the Avic he was able to disable/unlock the systems via the parking brake (didn't get details). BUT, he said that the new Pioneer units cannot be unlocked this way. He thought that there MAY be a software hack out there, but he didn't know it.

So instead of a Pioneer AVIC, I bought a Garmin 660 and it has been excellent.

If the Ford OEM nav system is basically the latest Pioneer AVIC, then the parking brake workaround probaby won't work.

Has anyone gone online and looked for hacks on a Pioneer AVIC?

Bought a new 07 Limited yesterday and got the nav system, so I'm interested in this.

Quick Reply: Expedition Navigation system